Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Red Dead Redemption on Xbox One X - The 4K Remaster You've Been Waiting For

MikehaMikeha Member EpicPosts: 9,196
edited April 2018 in General Gaming

"A refresher before Rockstar's sequel releases this Winter - Red Dead Redemption gets the 4K treatment on Xbox One X. It's the first time this game's visuals have been improved since its release in 2010 on Xbox 360, where X hardware pushes the resolution from 1280x720 to 3840x2160. Add in 16x anisotropic filtering, and a tighter lock at 30fps, and this ranks up there as one of the most satisfying reprisals of Xbox 360's back catalogue. "

"Rockstar's horror expansion pushed Xbox 360 hard at the time - with engine changes to support a new zombie apocalypse twist. But does that affect Xbox One X's bid for running the game at 4K at a locked 30fps? Tom finds out - with thoughts on where this leaves expectations of Red Dead Redemption 2."

Post edited by Mikeha on
Arclan

Comments

• WellspringWellspring Member EpicPosts: 1,464
    This isn't what I've been waiting for, but rather for the game to be released on PC.
    ArclanAsheramPhry
    --------------------------------------------
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 12,263
    The user and all related content has been deleted.

거북이는 목을 내밀 때 안 움직입니다

• MikehaMikeha Member EpicPosts: 9,196
    Very excited for the sequel. Fantastic game! The X has been used in my home more than I thought it would. 

The Division just got its 4K update yesterday. 4.5 GB download and I must say this game looks incredible now. 
    Phry
  • ArclanArclan Member UncommonPosts: 1,550
    edited April 2018
    This isn't what I've been waiting for, but rather for the game to be released on PC.
    Same here.  This is the only Xbox title I remember being mentioned on "Attack of The Show" years ago.  I lamented then that it wasn't on PC.  This 4k upgrade makes me ponder buying the new Xbox, but there's less than a 1% chance of that.  I'm a PC gamer.
    WellspringPhry

Luckily, i don't need you to like me to enjoy video games. -nariusseldon.
    In F2P I think it's more a case of the game's trying to play the player's. -laserit

• MikehaMikeha Member EpicPosts: 9,196
    Added video of the expansion
  • PhryPhry Member LegendaryPosts: 11,004
    The Xbox doesn't really do native 4k all that well for obvious reasons, also, without a 4k Television its very much a wasted effort, its a shame they didn't port this to PC where not only is native 4k far more likely, but the demand is likely much higher too. :/
    SlyLoK