Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Any good Sandbox MMORPG ?

tomy111tomy111 Member UncommonPosts: 36
Any good popular Sandbox MMORPG worth play?

Comments

• tomy111tomy111 Member UncommonPosts: 36
    DMKano said:
    Many good one with "sandbox elements"
      Which ?
  • SovrathSovrath Member LegendaryPosts: 32,002
    edited February 2018
    tomy111 said:
    DMKano said:
      Which ?
    Yeah, I suppose that's typical of a forum post. So many people just leave a tidbit but then leave you hanging!

Black Desert and ArcheAge for "newer" games. Also Albion

You have older games like Ryzom and Tale in the Desert.

Conan Exiles is a Survival Game still in development but early access. The maps only allow 60 or so people (if memory serves) so not an mmorpg but it does let you build and explore and fight.

Ark is also a Survival game that's popular.

Scot
    Like Skyrim? Need more content? Try my Skyrim mod "Godfred's Tomb." 

Godfred's Tomb Trailer: https://youtu.be/-nsXGddj_4w

Original Skyrim: https://www.nexusmods.com/skyrim/mods/109547

Try the "Special Edition." 'Cause it's "Special." https://www.nexusmods.com/skyrimspecialedition/mods/64878/?tab=description

Serph toze kindly has started a walk-through. https://youtu.be/UIelCK-lldo 
  • PhaserlightPhaserlight Member EpicPosts: 3,072

"The simple is the seal of the true and beauty is the splendor of truth" -Subrahmanyan Chandrasekhar
    Authored 139 missions in Vendetta Online and 6 tracks in Distance

• jbaker0212jbaker0212 Member UncommonPosts: 7
    Albion IMO
  • AmatheAmathe Member LegendaryPosts: 7,630
    What about Wurm online?

EQ1, EQ2, SWG, SWTOR, GW, GW2 CoH, CoV, FFXI, WoW, CO, War,TSW and a slew of free trials and beta tests

• tomy111tomy111 Member UncommonPosts: 36
    Sovrath said:
    tomy111 said:
    DMKano said:
      Which ?
    Yeah, I suppose that's typical of a forum post. So many people just leave a tidbit but then leave you hanging!

Black Desert and ArcheAge for "newer" games. Also Albion

You have older games like Ryzom and Tale in the Desert.

Conan Exiles is a Survival Game still in development but early access. The maps only allow 60 or so people (if memory serves) so not an mmorpg but it does let you build and explore and fight.

Ark is also a Survival game that's popular.

dont really like Survival Game   

i wish they dident kill Archeage is shit now

Albion/BDO is good? i hear you need spend  alot money to have fun at PVP at BDO
  • BluefishBluefish Member UncommonPosts: 96
    Albion Online is about as far from a sandbox as you can get.
  • Cuppett5Cuppett5 Member UncommonPosts: 156
    Play Albion. Grindy but it's got a old school feel to it.
  • WizardryWizardry Member LegendaryPosts: 19,332
    There is almost nothing with sandbox worth playing.BDO is not sandbox lol and even if was,i quit that game the first week but wanted to quit the first day.

If you want the best sandbox possible you want one of those voxel games,if you are hoping for popularity then you have NO choices.

An example would be Seven Days to Die,zombies to kill with lots of building with voxels but not popular,none of the true voxel games are popular.That Trion game which i can't even remember the name of is trash,again using some form of roblox/voxels.AOC's survival game again not popular.

I spent the 90's and early 2000 learning several game engines,so i already had my fill of messing around building stuff,so when i see what games are offering now for sandbox,i just sort of laugh and think...garbage.
    my point being,don't waste your time or money,i bet NONE of the games you are looking for will hold your interest more than maybe 2-3 months.
    I forgot to mention a newer game..Fortnite,i actually came close to playing it myself but glad i didn't,it has transformed into nothing more than a new PUBG hangout.

Never forget 3 mile Island and never trust a government official or company spokesman.

• KnightFalzKnightFalz Member EpicPosts: 4,166
    Wizardry said:
    That Trion game which i can't even remember the name of is trash,again using some form of roblox/voxels.

It is called Trove, and is quite focused on self-directed play, which in itself makes it closer to sandbox games than the typical on rails experience of many MMORPGs.

That you aren't aware of that suggests that at least some of your expressed viewpoints are based on impression rather than knowledge.
    cjmarsh[Deleted User]
  • MightyUncleanMightyUnclean Member EpicPosts: 3,531
    Albion ain't no sandbox.
  • sunandshadowsunandshadow Member RarePosts: 1,985
    Xsyon is another one similar to worm, but personally I think it is more likable.
    I want to help design and develop a PvE-focused, solo-friendly, sandpark MMO which combines crafting, monster hunting, and story.  So PM me if you are starting one.
  • ubermutubermut Member UncommonPosts: 272
    tomy111 said:DMKano said:
      Which ?
    Darkfall: New Dawn came out recently.  They are still early in their post release roadmap, but it shaping up to be pretty sandboxy.  Local banking and markets, soon to be territory control w/ guard towers and racial warfronts.
    darknagualSid_Vicious
  • UngoodUngood Member LegendaryPosts: 7,530
    Well if you have not tried Trove, I'd say give this one a play.

It's Voxel Graphics, and that is a deal breaker for some.

But this game is about as sand box as they come. The world is open for you to shape, collect, build.

It's a Fast up game, easy to learn, so you can get right to the action of building and fighting, and not need to worry about a hundred buttons or UI panels. 

Various Bioems, everything from silly Candoria, to high tech Neon City, each with it's own kind of resources. You can move up to going into of Fire and Lava. or Endless Oceans.. or maybe jump cloud to cloud in the Sky World.

On top of that, if you are looking for some traditional MMO features, there are dungeons where you can face off against the Daughter of the Moon, or go on various quests, all kinds of things to get involved with, like mounts, boats, gliders, dragons. Not to mention tons of classes so you can play what you want, and even change your class as you like.

If you are looking for some fun, and really vast sandbox game, check this one out. 

It's not for everyone, because it really is a vast sandbox type game and voxel graphics.
    Egotism is the anesthetic that dullens the pain of stupidity, this is why when I try to beat my head against the stupidity of other people, I only hurt myself.

• anemoanemo Member RarePosts: 1,903
    Screeps.   Open world PvP that works well, everything player made, and you get to solve every problem your own way.

SecondLife.   If you're a Scripter/3D-Artist it's an outstanding market competition game.

Haven and Hearth, WurmOnline.   Actually play like a typical game, personally I like Haven and Hearth more because of how awesome crafting is.

Worlds Adrift.   Basically one of those survival games, but actually scaled up to MMO scales (thousand plus player servers at release, though struggling from devs strangling/stretching the community from their mismanagement).   Also has some of that Space Engineers feel to it.
    cjmarsh

Practice doesn't make perfect, practice makes permanent.

"At one point technology meant making tech that could get to the moon, now it means making tech that could get you a taxi."

• DeadflagDeadflag Member UncommonPosts: 27
    edited February 2018
    http://www.mysteralegacy.com

It may be 2D and it's fairly new. However it is very sandbox. No level cap. You can play on your mobile or PC. Cross platform.
  • nariusseldonnariusseldon Member EpicPosts: 27,775
    Not for me. 
  • nariusseldonnariusseldon Member EpicPosts: 27,775
    Deadflag said:
    http://www.mysteralegacy.com

It may be 2D and it's fairly new. However it is very sandbox. No level cap. You can play on your mobile or PC. Cross platform.
    Look horribly dated. 
  • DeadflagDeadflag Member UncommonPosts: 27
    Its updates frequently. Its just retro graphics  
  • TheocritusTheocritus Member LegendaryPosts: 9,751
    Wizardry said:
    That Trion game which i can't even remember the name of is trash,again using some form of roblox/voxels.

It is called Trove, and is quite focused on self-directed play, which in itself makes it closer to sandbox games than the typical on rails experience of many MMORPGs.

That you aren't aware of that suggests that at least some of your expressed viewpoints are based on impression rather than knowledge.
    In that person's defense, Trove looks like garbage....I guess those that think Legos are cool might like it, but the rest of us that just looks awful....No interest whatsoever in a game like that.
  • Pr3sid3ntSkr00bPr3sid3ntSkr00b Member UncommonPosts: 53
    The Trove premise is good, but the graphics actually hurt my eyes and idk why.  Its not that I dont like them, its that I cant physically look at that game without my eyes being distressed.  And I have good vision.
  • Sid_ViciousSid_Vicious Member RarePosts: 2,177
    Darkfall New Dawn came out a month ago and has been very fun and I have had quite a good time just like the older days. Its the best sandbox out right now.

NEWS FLASH! "A bank was robbed the other day and a man opened fire on the customers being held hostage. One customer zig-zag sprinted until he found cover. When questioned later he explained that he was a hardcore gamer and knew just what to do!" Download my music for free! I release several albums per month as part of project "Thee Untitled" . .. some video game music remixes and cover songs done with instruments in there as well! http://theeuntitled.bandcamp.com/ Check out my roleplaying blog, collection of fictional short stories, and fantasy series... updated on a blog for now until I am finished! https://childrenfromtheheavensbelow.blogspot.com/ Watch me game on occasion or make music... https://www.twitch.tv/spoontheeuntitled and subscribe! https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCUvqULn678VrF3OasgnbsyA

• PartieplayinPartieplayin Member UncommonPosts: 93
    edited April 2018
    Star wars Galaxies : Legends server over 1000 concurrent players one of the best open world crafting and housing systems. Altho a little dated graphics wise legends offers a nice textures pack addition to the world which helps greatly.  Hardly any mmos can match is housing or crafting system Player made cities in the open world.  also has space combat and multi crew in this version. Also supports dual boxing if that's your thing. Beat part about the game is it is 100% free to play if you already own the disk version . Copies can be found but we know what that entails .with 100% no pay to win.
    Post edited by Partieplayin on
  • LobotomistLobotomist Member EpicPosts: 5,965
    edited April 2018
    EVE ,Life is feudal

Thats about it

P.S: Really suprised people on this site are oblivious about Life is Feudal
    ...Once this was site people knew their MMOs...once
    Arclan

• TheocritusTheocritus Member LegendaryPosts: 9,751
    It looks like there is alot of them coming but as for what we have now? Very little