Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Countdown to Launch Trailer Shows Off Conan Exiles' Final Form - Conan Exiles Videos - MMORPG.com

SystemSystem Member UncommonPosts: 12,599
edited April 2018 in Videos Discussion

imageCountdown to Launch Trailer Shows Off Conan Exiles' Final Form - Conan Exiles Videos - MMORPG.com

Conan Exiles has undergone a lot of changes over the course of its Early Access period and a lot of new things are coming just in time for launch on May 8th. To show off what players can expect, Funcom has released a brand new trailer called "Countdown to Launch!"

Read the full story here

Comments

• Zeppel80Zeppel80 Member UncommonPosts: 74
    The latest developer blog makes this game sound intriguing, but I have two concerns;

All the latest previews from gaming sites, links in the dev blog, say the game is better than it was, but none of them actually say it's good.

A lot of Steam players talk about a lot of cheating going on and Funcom turning a blind eye to it. To be fair, I browsed the Conan Exiles' forums a bit and saw no mention of this as a concern. Bugs do seem a concern, though.

I guess I'll wait and see. I hope the game turns out well, it sounds like it could be fun.
    Mange1
  • LobotomistLobotomist Member EpicPosts: 5,963
    Hope they will make discount before launch ?

• ScotScot Member LegendaryPosts: 22,818
    Hang on, am I to believe a MMO is actually launching? This is not Later Access or a More Open Beta? I can actually spend some time now looking into it and see if I want to play it!

Thank Crom! :)

YashaX
  • exile01exile01 Member RarePosts: 1,089

Scot said:

Hang on, am I to believe a MMO is actually launching? This is not Later Access or a More Open Beta? I can actually spend some time now looking into it and see if I want to play it!

Thank Crom! :)

thus is not an mmo.
    AlomarpostlarvalScot
  • Moxom914Moxom914 Member RarePosts: 731

you want a discount on something not even out yet? really?
    Viper482SovrathMange1Ice-Queen
  • AndistotleAndistotle Member UncommonPosts: 124

its already on discount. price will rise after may 8th. So if you want it cheaper you should buy it now.
    AlomarTokken
  • LobotomistLobotomist Member EpicPosts: 5,963
    edited April 2018

its already on discount. price will rise after may 8th. So if you want it cheaper you should buy it now.
    Yes, i see it now. Shame i didntbuy it on sale.

But Deunovo! Fuck them. Ill pass
    AlomarWhiteshade92

• Viper482Viper482 Member LegendaryPosts: 4,056

Moxom914 said:

you want a discount on something not even out yet? really?

Haven't been around early access much I see. EA crap goes on sale all the time.
    postlarvalAsheram
    Make MMORPG's Great Again!
  • TheocritusTheocritus Member LegendaryPosts: 9,739
    After TSW I dont have much faith in Funcom to make a good game anymore....They should have been working on AO2 instead of the garbage they have been putting out.
  • AbimorAbimor Member RarePosts: 872
    The game is a lot of fun I saw the anti denuvo post on our 3 machines it runs really good. I am looking forward for the combat changed
    AlomarSovrathIce-Queen
  • silddersildder Member UncommonPosts: 10
    Rest assured that video had more development effort involved than any content they've squeezed in the last few months before "release". The biweekly dev streams have been nothing but hostile as the devs deflect and insulted their "testers" who raised complaints about server stability and optimization, while competent companies are capable of running 100s of entities in an area this game can't even reliable connect 30 people before their $50/mo servers take severe dives. This is the game that kept this lousy company from going under but it seems like it was just the first of a new MO for this company where they rehash assets and content to cash grab to stay afloat. Between this and the secret world re-release, expect an Anarchy Online engine update they will want everyone to pick up for $30 instead of an actual sequal.

Bottom line, they polished a turd and are trying to squeeze what little else they can get out of it.
    AlomarSignexRorhc
  • HyperpsycrowHyperpsycrow Member RarePosts: 911
    Hmm

https://conan-exiles.com/servers/players/

Look here..I only see like 5 servers with at least 25 - 40 players online out of 40-70
    Do you all think this will change efter the release..new servers will come and more players will join ?

• SovrathSovrath Member LegendaryPosts: 31,937
    Hmm

Look here..I only see like 5 servers with at least 25 - 40 players online out of 40-70
    Do you all think this will change efter the release..new servers will come and more players will join ?

um sure?

Look it was an early access game. Except for those who are uber passionate about a particular early access game, it gets tiring to have wipes or changes or just not enough content.

on my own server I kept having issues with building because of the updates so decided to wait until launch until I played in earnest.

And even then, I'll probably play with a few friends I've met online over the years or keep a solo server/invite only server.

I wouldn't be surprised if there are other people waiting "for launch".
    Scorchien[Deleted User]Ice-Queen
    Like Skyrim? Need more content? Try my Skyrim mod "Godfred's Tomb." 

Godfred's Tomb Trailer: https://youtu.be/-nsXGddj_4w

Original Skyrim: https://www.nexusmods.com/skyrim/mods/109547

Try the "Special Edition." 'Cause it's "Special." https://www.nexusmods.com/skyrimspecialedition/mods/64878/?tab=description

Serph toze kindly has started a walk-through. https://youtu.be/UIelCK-lldo 
  • AsheramAsheram Member EpicPosts: 5,071
    How does this play on the ps4 as far as controls go, I hate shooters with a controller, will I fair better this not being a shooter?
    A co worker had me get Farcry 5 on ps4, but I dont really care for it without m&K, so if this is better with a controller than shooters I am going to have him get this too ;p
  • HyperpsycrowHyperpsycrow Member RarePosts: 911
    Asheram said:
    How does this play on the ps4 as far as controls go, I hate shooters with a controller, will I fair better this not being a shooter?
    A co worker had me get Farcry 5 on ps4, but I dont really care for it without m&K, so if this is better with a controller than shooters I am going to have him get this too ;p
    Just get a pc ;)
    Ice-QueenScotWarThor

• TokkenTokken Member EpicPosts: 3,547
    edited April 2018
    I'm enjoying it.
    Ice-QueenRorhc

Proud MMORPG.com member since March 2004!  Make PvE GREAT Again!

• CryomatrixCryomatrix Member EpicPosts: 3,223

Sovrath said:

Hmm

um sure?

Look it was an early access game. Except for those who are uber passionate about a particular early access game, it gets tiring to have wipes or changes or just not enough content.

on my own server I kept having issues with building because of the updates so decided to wait until launch until I played in earnest.

And even then, I'll probably play with a few friends I've met online over the years or keep a solo server/invite only server.

You are inviting me to your server. :)

Cryomatrix

Catch me streaming at twitch.tv/cryomatrix
    You can see my sci-fi/WW2 book recommendations. 
  • Ice-QueenIce-Queen Member UncommonPosts: 2,483
    edited April 2018
    I've been playing this for months now and I'm having fun with it. Really enjoy the thrall system, crafting, gathering, the large open world, and the feeling of danger all around as you play. It's also nice that I'm not being price gouged for P2W items too. It's super easy to jump into and learn to play for newcomers too. The building system is done really well too and I love being able to build just about any dwelling I like. I've not played much this past month as I'm waiting for release. I imagine a lot of other folks are waiting for release as well right now since everything will be wiped.

What happens when you log off your characters????.....
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GFQhfhnjYMk
    Dark Age of Camelot

• MMO-RogueMMO-Rogue Member UncommonPosts: 47

Zeppel80 said:

The latest developer blog makes this game sound intriguing, but I have two concerns;

All the latest previews from gaming sites, links in the dev blog, say the game is better than it was, but none of them actually say it's good.

A lot of Steam players talk about a lot of cheating going on and Funcom turning a blind eye to it. To be fair, I browsed the Conan Exiles' forums a bit and saw no mention of this as a concern. Bugs do seem a concern, though.

I guess I'll wait and see. I hope the game turns out well, it sounds like it could be fun.

I have not played in some time, got enough of an idea from the first 6 months to determine that I would play at launch, but populations understandably became very inconsistent after the first 5 months.

It depends on what type of cheating you are referring to - early on there were a lot of bugs and players exploiting them. Some consider this cheating and some do not, but they are equally available to all. From my perspective their existence and use is annoying. During the first 6 months the devs definitely acknowledged and addressed them, did not turn a blind eye to it. Cannot say after that point.

If you are referring to hack cheats - I was never aware or affected by any. Their anti-hack software was buggy and most servers disabled it at least for a while.

Regarding not seeing mention of cheats on the CE forums, would that really surprise you? I have tried to enjoy FunCom games several times, but transparent forums without heavy moderation is not something they have ever been accused of. It is not frequent that I would say this but I would rely more on the Steam forums than the CE forums regarding issues players experience.
  • esc-joconnoresc-joconnor Member RarePosts: 1,097

Sovrath said:

Hmm

um sure?

You are inviting me to your server. :)

Cryomatrix

I'm waiting for launch to try again. But I'm not too optimistic. Right now there are annoying bugs that should be easy to fix, and the combat sucks. I think the team working on it is creative, but not good at making things solid.