Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

A Dozen Original Deep Space Nine Cast Members Reprising Roles in Victory is Life - Star Trek Online

SBFordSBFord Former Associate EditorMember LegendaryPosts: 33,129
edited April 2018 in News & Features Discussion

imageA Dozen Original Deep Space Nine Cast Members Reprising Roles in Victory is Life - Star Trek Online - MMORPG.com

Star Trek Online News - The next Star Trek Online expansion is called "Victory is Life" and takes place in the Deep Space Nine timeline. Cryptic Studios has announced that twelve of the original television series cast members are being reunited to reprise their roles in the expansion.

Read the full story here

¯\_(ツ)_/¯ 

AmatheHariken

Comments

• renegeedrenegeed Member UncommonPosts: 55
    That's awesome :D
    VerenathSBFord
  • HuntrezzHuntrezz Member UncommonPosts: 92
    I love DS9, its just too bad the game sucks.
    psychosiz1HarikenPanserbjorne39Ricardo5802
  • ScotScot Member LegendaryPosts: 22,976
    edited April 2018
    You can't say they don't use every bit of lore in STO. But darned sight cheaper than getting 12 Discovery actors to do something like that I guess. :)
    meonthissite
  • HarikenHariken Member EpicPosts: 2,680
    Couldn't get Avery Brooks for Cisco or Colm Meaney for O'Brien, hey? That's a shame.
    Yeah to bad but Siscko vanished into the wormhole at the end of DS9 i thought. Miles would have be cool too. I just want to do something with Garik and that order he worked for. Bunch of backstabbing people.
    edited April 2018
    Huntrezz said:
    DS9 was my favorite too. So i will have to check this out. They made the station more like it was in the show. I don't know how they can really do this That station had so many great characters even the non main ones were great. Loved the Klingon restaurant owner.
    Post edited by Hariken on
  • bcbullybcbully Member EpicPosts: 11,838
    Hariken said:
    Huntrezz said:
    DS9 was my favorite too. So i will have to check this out. They made to station more like it was in the show. I don't know how they can really do this That station had so many great character even the non main ones were great. Loved the Klingon restaurant owner.
    That’s Ferengi restaurant owner
    "We see fundamentals and we ape in"
  • OrthelianOrthelian Member UncommonPosts: 1,034
    edited April 2018
    [... Deleted because I was an idiot and must hide my shame.]

Favorites: EQEVE | Playing: None. Mostly VR and strategy | Anticipating: CUPantheon
  • Po_ggPo_gg Member EpicPosts: 5,749
    Hariken said:
    DS9 was my favorite too. So i will have to check this out.
    Well, DS9 itself is in the game since the beginning, but if this expansion was needed as a final push for you to pay it a visit, then it's better late than never :wink:

Great cast member list, I like Leeta, she was always the dabo girl... and dabo is fun. A total (and pointless) money sink, but fun. Especially on Risa, during the summer festival.
  • DijonCyanideDijonCyanide Member UncommonPosts: 586

Couldn't get Avery Brooks for Cisco or Colm Meaney for O'Brien, hey? That's a shame.

No ST Captains have yet. For O'Brien, ColmMeaney, that would've been an awesome addition, but who knows maybe in the future.

Huntrezz said:

I won't admit it sucks, but it has definitely seen better days over the last couple of years. I'm still crossing my fingers that with this Victory Is Life expansion Cryptic exceeds expectations & begins turning STO back around for the better.

Hariken said:

Yeah to bad but Siscko vanished into the wormhole at the end of DS9 i thought. Miles would have be cool too. I just want to do something with Garik and that order he worked for. Bunch of backstabbing people.

Elim Garak is such a strong & fascinating character so I'm glad Robinson is lending his talents. Also, it was the Obsidian Order equivalent to Starfleet's Section 31.

Cryptic, so far, has been impressive in acquiring such talents to reprise their roles for the voice-over work of this expansion! For the 1st week I expect many patches. It's sort of the Cryptic way of doing things. I hope this expansion adds more than 6 episode missions & content. Cryptic has been paltry about adding such substantive things lately unless it involves more gambling mechanics. Cryptic's insistence upon most things being gambling now has been increasing inflation in-game too over the last few months.
    Hariken
  • starwarsnutstarwarsnut Member UncommonPosts: 230
    so based on what ive heard you start out as a level 60 jem hadar going to level 65 now what im wanting to know is are the jem hadar going to be their own faction? or are you going to be forced to join the federation or klingons like with the romulans? That really pissed me off with the romulan xpac i cant be a tal shiar or the romulan faction im either fed or klingon which totally sucks
    bcbully said:
    Hariken said:
    Huntrezz said:
    DS9 was my favorite too. So i will have to check this out. They made to station more like it was in the show. I don't know how they can really do this That station had so many great character even the non main ones were great. Loved the Klingon restaurant owner.
    That’s Ferengi restaurant owner
    No they had a Klingon restaurant owner too. They showed him in a few episodes. He would also play and sing Klingon songs to the costumers.
    ApridiseGorwemgilbrtsn
    edited April 2018

No ST Captains have yet. For O'Brien, ColmMeaney, that would've been an awesome addition, but who knows maybe in the future.

Huntrezz said:

I won't admit it sucks, but it has definitely seen better days over the last couple of years. I'm still crossing my fingers that with this Victory Is Life expansion Cryptic exceeds expectations & begins turning STO back around for the better.

Hariken said:

Elim Garak is such a strong & fascinating character so I'm glad Robinson is lending his talents. Also, it was the Obsidian Order equivalent to Starfleet's Section 31.

Cryptic, so far, has been impressive in acquiring such talents to reprise their roles for the voice-over work of this expansion! For the 1st week I expect many patches. It's sort of the Cryptic way of doing things. I hope this expansion adds more than 6 episode missions & content. Cryptic has been paltry about adding such substantive things lately unless it involves more gambling mechanics. Cryptic's insistence upon most things being gambling now has been increasing inflation in-game too over the last few months.
    Yeah this is my big problem with PWE owning two of my favorite old mmo's. Trek and Champions Online i always go back to check them out hoping for good things. I hear new content and powersets are coming to champions Online soon.
    Post edited by Hariken on
    so based on what ive heard you start out as a level 60 jem hadar going to level 65 now what im wanting to know is are the jem hadar going to be their own faction? or are you going to be forced to join the federation or klingons like with the romulans? That really pissed me off with the romulan xpac i cant be a tal shiar or the romulan faction im either fed or klingon which totally sucks
    I was wondering about this two. I'M betting it will be like the Romulan xpak.
  • Panserbjorne39Panserbjorne39 Member UncommonPosts: 142
    The actors are nice, but if the direction and writing sucks, it may end as disappointing of quality as much of the game. For six years I've dreamed of a gamma quadrant, DS9 revamp, and Cardassian faction. None of how this is going down is what I hoped for or imagined. And to top it off, only seven new playable episodes. Barely qualifies as an expansion IMO. The game is clearly in a downward trajectory and it's best days are behind it.
    jaymesbond
  • jaymesbondjaymesbond Member UncommonPosts: 50
    I wish there was more to be excited about the game, but with the limited amount of missions, it's difficult.  The number of story missions to be released for this expansion is fewer than the previous expansion, and "people" claimed that more would be released, but that never happened.

Even with the game now on three platforms, the number of story missions released is decreasing, which makes it hard to believe that game is going to get any better.
  • FrodoFraginsFrodoFragins Member EpicPosts: 5,905
    I may give this game a second chance. I tried it when it went F2P and the character animations were awkward and the ground combat felt really clunky. Moving in space also felt extremely weird.

I'm not a huge fan of Trek but there was a time I really enjoyed ST:TNG and I still enjoy TOS. I prefer the universes of Star Wars, Farscape, Babylon 5 and BSG.
  • KnaveSkyeKnaveSkye Member UncommonPosts: 137
    I guess i don't know much about STO lore or timeline, but Kira as the Kai and Weyoun being alive....some kind of alternate universe?
  • cheyanecheyane Member LegendaryPosts: 9,101
    edited April 2018
    Elim Garak was my favourite too. Spy with a heart. I loved that he ran a tailor shop.
    Chamber of Chains
  • KnaveSkyeKnaveSkye Member UncommonPosts: 137

Gorwe said:

KnaveSkye said:

I guess i don't know much about STO lore or timeline, but Kira as the Kai and Weyoun being alive....some kind of alternate universe?

There is no reason why Kira couldn't be Kai. I don't really like her. But then again I don't really like Bajorans either. As for Weyoun, the Dominion(or whoever) has his genetic code. No reason why they can't grow / clone Weyoun IX.

Ahh, I assumed when they made a big deal about "that being Weyoun's last clone", that he was lost for good. My mistake. I was not saying Kira couldn't be Kai....only that I was curious if there was existing fiction that supported it.