Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Seems I got a warning on the site..

rubydragon5rubydragon5 Member UncommonPosts: 693
Been here over 10 years, Spent a while giving a review of something I like and now I have a mild warning popping up because I put a referral link on the bottom of the review, i meant nothing malicious but it seems people love to slander and report everyone for everything on this site just for there sick fun.

Wondering how do I even fight this at this point or if worth doing so or just deleting my account, not happy with the way the forums is here at this point at all.

Arclan

Comments

• EldurianEldurian Member EpicPosts: 2,736
    The staff here is held to no standards I can tell and there seems to be no review of their decisions. I've complained about some of their more ridiculous moves on multiple occasions and nothing happens. Complaining is useless. Just accept it.
  • FlemFlem Member UncommonPosts: 2,870
    It is in the rules of conduct re: posting of referral links. Don't know what you expected?
    Grunty
  • rubydragon5rubydragon5 Member UncommonPosts: 693
    edited April 2018
    Its a little extreme I feel, considering what other people do on the site, that they target someone with a referral link on bottom of a page long review

• GruntyGrunty Member EpicPosts: 8,657
    edited April 2018
    Its a little extreme I feel, considering what other people do on the site, that they target someone with a referral link on bottom of a page long review
    They, MMMORPG.com, don't target referral links until it is flagged by one or more your fellow members. Read the FAQ and Rules on Conduct that are on the main MMORPG.com page. 

Admin, the owner of MMORPG.com has repeatedly gone on record over the past 16+ years stating that referral links will not be permitted.  This was changed some years ago to permit the so-called friends and family referral links but only if they are in specific threads in a related game's sub-forum.

There are no rules prohibiting you from stating you can provide a referral link via private message.
    "I used to think the worst thing in life was to be all alone.  It's not.  The worst thing in life is to end up with people who make you feel all alone."  Robin Williams