Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

The Next Expansion is Called Warmind & It's Coming A LOT Sooner Than You Think - Destiny 2 News

SBFordSBFord Former Associate EditorMember LegendaryPosts: 33,129
edited April 2018 in News & Features Discussion

imageThe Next Expansion is Called Warmind & It's Coming A LOT Sooner Than You Think - Destiny 2 News

Bungie has updated the Destiny 2 development roadmap with the exciting news that the game's second expansion, Warmind, will be dropping on May 8th. The update will also mark the beginning of Season 3. During Warmind, players will be introduced to new heroes, new battle enemies and earn new loot and play through new activities. The team will be revealing much more about Warmind during a live stream event on April 24th.

Read the full story here

¯\_(ツ)_/¯ 

Kyleran

Comments

• winghaven1winghaven1 Member RarePosts: 737
    Since this was Activision's experiment with new consumer manipulations with game hindrances to garner purchases, I've all gone and lost interest.

I'm sure the devs are still upset they've had to deal with the recoil of that blunder. Here's hoping big companies avoid doing similar schemes.
    XingbairongSignex
  • mnemic666mnemic666 Member UncommonPosts: 224
    edited April 2018

Since this was Activision's experiment with new consumer manipulations with game hindrances to garner purchases, I've all gone and lost interest.

I'm sure the devs are still upset they've had to deal with the recoil of that blunder. Here's hoping big companies avoid doing similar schemes.

This isn't Activision experimenting with anything. Bungie retains creative control over the game, and the patents that Activision filed that you're likely referencing aren't implemented in any game and likely won't be for years.

The games blunders are squarely on Bungie, Activision provides funding and publishing support but does not have creative control over the game. Eververse, for example, was a concept Bungie thought up and only got the green light from Activision to implement. There is no credible information that Activision forced it, or anything else on Bungie.
    SBFordJeroKaneSignex
  • AeanderAeander Member LegendaryPosts: 7,838
    edited April 2018
    "It's hard for us to make this much content. It's just hard making content in general." 

- Bungie
    Asch126XingbairongvelimiriusJeroKane[Deleted User]jgDuffayonelesslightTacticalZombeh
  • klash2defklash2def Member EpicPosts: 1,949
    As an avid fan and supporter of Destiny ( I love the concept) .. man coming from Destiny 1 - Destiny 2 is a huge letdown. I don't understand how you take such a massive step backwards. Destiny 1 took a while to come together and that should have been the starting point for Destiny 2. Instead we are waiting on them to update x2 until we get it back to where Taken King left off. Idk man its just wrong.

Destiny 2 feels more like a xpac for Destiny Pre Taken King. I'm not even going to mention eververse.

I purchased the season pass and all that jazz when I reserved it but I'm at the point now where they would have to pay ME to play it. I moved on from Destiny 2. I own a XB1x, PS4pro and PC.. The game is not on any of my systems. I brought it on all 3 (Weirdly Its the best experience on PC) but have since uninstalled to make space for other games. I'm over Destiny 2.

Hopefully D3 is a better attempt.

I play The Division to get my looter shootin' fix. Its really solid now after all the updates.
    JeroKanelaserit
    "Beliefs don't change facts. Facts, if you're reasonable, should change your beliefs."

"The Society that separates its scholars from its warriors will have its thinking done by cowards and its fighting by fools."

Currently: Games Audio Engineer, you didn't hear what I heard, you heard what I wanted you to hear. 

• AlbatroesAlbatroes Member LegendaryPosts: 7,671
    I'm sure Destiny 3 is coming A LOT sooner than we think as well. Bungie just trying to cash out as much as they can from this flop.
    FrodoFragins
  • AndrewGoatAndrewGoat Member UncommonPosts: 160
    I'm really disappointed that I purchased this game.
    bartoni33XingbairongWhiteshade92GilcroixAvarixDarkagesFrodoFragins
  • MadCoderOneMadCoderOne Member UncommonPosts: 220
    does anyone care? (sadly)
  • halfmystichalfmystic Member RarePosts: 535
    Why are people talking about Destiny 3 already? FFS It's an MMO-light, it shouldn't have a rework every other year. Stop it.
    sofeenhaftinfomatzWhiteshade92SBFordFrodoFragins
  • AlbatroesAlbatroes Member LegendaryPosts: 7,671

Why are people talking about Destiny 3 already? FFS It's an MMO-light, it shouldn't have a rework every other year. Stop it.

Because Bungie already confirmed they are working on it, so...
    Phry
  • AeanderAeander Member LegendaryPosts: 7,838
    Talking about it isn't the same as advocating for it. When people say that Destiny 3 is right around the corner, they're criticizing Bungie for not properly supporting their existing games, not praising them for wiping the slate every couple years.
    PhrySBFordBillMurphyAvarixhalfmysticMadFrenchielaseritklash2defFrodoFragins
  • Asch126Asch126 Member RarePosts: 543
    Can't wait to see how they'll screw this expansion.
  • PhryPhry Member LegendaryPosts: 11,004
    Destiny 2, is this game even on peoples radar anymore, it doesn't sound as though they are even attempting to address the problems the game has or the players concerns in any way, it would be very hard to see this 'expansion' as anything other than some kind of lame cash grab attempt. If Bungie continues to keep giving players the 2 finger salute then i don't really have any hope that Destiny 3 will be any different, never mind that Destiny 2 will suddenly become worth playing. :(
    AndrewGoat
  • velimiriusvelimirius Member UncommonPosts: 134
    garbage game
    AndrewGoat
  • JeroKaneJeroKane Member EpicPosts: 6,965
    edited April 2018

klash2def said:

As an avid fan and supporter of Destiny ( I love the concept) .. man coming from Destiny 1 - Destiny 2 is a huge letdown. I don't understand how you take such a massive step backwards. Destiny 1 took a while to come together and that should have been the starting point for Destiny 2. Instead we are waiting on them to update x2 until we get it back to where Taken King left off. Idk man its just wrong.

Destiny 2 feels more like a xpac for Destiny Pre Taken King. I'm not even going to mention eververse.

I purchased the season pass and all that jazz when I reserved it but I'm at the point now where they would have to pay ME to play it. I moved on from Destiny 2. I own a XB1x, PS4pro and PC.. The game is not on any of my systems. I brought it on all 3 (Weirdly Its the best experience on PC) but have since uninstalled to make space for other games. I'm over Destiny 2.

I play The Division to get my looter shootin' fix. Its really solid now after all the updates.

Yup. Same here. We played Destiny 1 for over 2 years straight and had a blast! The Taken King expansion was the best! I love the Dreadnaught zone. It was amazing! That was a real turning point where Destiny 1 came together.

Then came Destiny 2. The story campaign was great and some of the zones were amazing. But it was much shorter than the vanilla Destiny 1 storyline and the leveling was way too fast too!

It took weeks for me to get to level 20 in Destiny 1, since I was doing so many other stuff on the side, but with Destiny 2 you were practically forced to reach the level cap at lightning speed and I was level 20 within 2 days.

After I finished the story campaign, there was literally nothing left to do in Destiny 2, other than doing those stupid time limited Nightfalls and a broken Raid.
    I just got bored so quickly and was already done with the game within a month.

I am not coming back, unless they manage to pull another Taken King expansion on Destiny 2, but I just don't see it happening, since the loot system in Destiny 2 is utter crap. :(
    SignexPhryklash2def
  • marganculosmarganculos Member UncommonPosts: 334
    will it save this dead game? i think not...
    Phry
  • moosecatlolmoosecatlol Member RarePosts: 1,530
    Inb4 it's another low-effort dlc.
  • MidPrincessMidPrincess Member UncommonPosts: 89
    I loved D1 for a good while, did the HM raids and all that, but after so much time it just became repetitive and I lost interest.  I mean I remember taking a break for like 2-3 months, then coming back to the same exact daily activities, and at that point I was like, "Well I guess I will wait for D2."

D2 never looked very good to me though, I had a suspicion it wouldn't be all that great for some reason.  At this point I am rather glad I skipped it.  Its time in the sun was awfully short.
  • achmedeachmede Member UncommonPosts: 215
    edited April 2018

mnemic666 said:

This isn't Activision experimenting with anything. Bungie retains creative control over the game, and the patents that Activision filed that you're likely referencing aren't implemented in any game and likely won't be for years.

The games blunders are squarely on Bungie, Activision provides funding and publishing support but does not have creative control over the game. Eververse, for example, was a concept Bungie thought up and only got the green light from Activision to implement. There is no credible information that Activision forced it, or anything else on Bungie.

You know nothing, stop bashing Bungie with ur false accusations.
    I know a dev who works in Bungie, works on Destiny 2 and Destiny 1 also.
    Activision is pulling the strings here, Bungie would run Destiny 2 much better if they could.
  • halfmystichalfmystic Member RarePosts: 535

Aeander said:

Talking about it isn't the same as advocating for it. When people say that Destiny 3 is right around the corner, they're criticizing Bungie for not properly supporting their existing games, not praising them for wiping the slate every couple years.

Good point.
  • Righteous_RockRighteous_Rock Member RarePosts: 1,234
    Save Destiny by turning it into a battle Royale game
    PhrymarganculoscatofmanyFrodoFraginscameltosis
  • HeraseHerase Member RarePosts: 993
    achmede said:

You know nothing, stop bashing Bungie with ur false accusations.
    I know a dev who works in Bungie, works on Destiny 2 and Destiny 1 also.
    Activision is pulling the strings here, Bungie would run Destiny 2 much better if they could.
    Pretty much, Activition goal is to please their shareholders, how would anyone expect them to do so without having control over what Bungie do in terms of  how the game is presented and sold to us? They want the game to cost as little a possible to make, but make as much as possible, that's the only reason why D2 has been presented as it has.

• laseritlaserit Member LegendaryPosts: 7,591
    Albatroes said:

Because Bungie already confirmed they are working on it, so...
    Like the old saying goes...

Third time's the charm ;) 

"Be water my friend" - Bruce Lee

• PhryPhry Member LegendaryPosts: 11,004
    JeroKane said:

klash2def said:

Yup. Same here. We played Destiny 1 for over 2 years straight and had a blast! The Taken King expansion was the best! I love the Dreadnaught zone. It was amazing! That was a real turning point where Destiny 1 came together.

Then came Destiny 2. The story campaign was great and some of the zones were amazing. But it was much shorter than the vanilla Destiny 1 storyline and the leveling was way too fast too!

It took weeks for me to get to level 20 in Destiny 1, since I was doing so many other stuff on the side, but with Destiny 2 you were practically forced to reach the level cap at lightning speed and I was level 20 within 2 days.

After I finished the story campaign, there was literally nothing left to do in Destiny 2, other than doing those stupid time limited Nightfalls and a broken Raid.

I am not coming back, unless they manage to pull another Taken King expansion on Destiny 2, but I just don't see it happening, since the loot system in Destiny 2 is utter crap. :(
    Taken King is where i pretty much started in Destiny 1, at that point it was probably a better game than The Division, but that has very much changed now. The Division is a much better game and imo actually worth playing, something i really can't say about Destiny 2 at all, maybe at some point Destiny 2 will have its 'Taken King' but i doubt it, though i really don't understand how Bungie managed to not realise what was good about Destiny 1 and use that as a base for Destiny 2, the mind boggles, doesn't really bode all that well for Destiny 3 either as Bungie of late is all about excuses, and they are fast running out of those.
    klash2def
  • JeroKaneJeroKane Member EpicPosts: 6,965
    Phry said:
    JeroKane said:

klash2def said:

Taken King is where i pretty much started in Destiny 1, at that point it was probably a better game than The Division, but that has very much changed now. The Division is a much better game and imo actually worth playing, something i really can't say about Destiny 2 at all, maybe at some point Destiny 2 will have its 'Taken King' but i doubt it, though i really don't understand how Bungie managed to not realise what was good about Destiny 1 and use that as a base for Destiny 2, the mind boggles, doesn't really bode all that well for Destiny 3 either as Bungie of late is all about excuses, and they are fast running out of those.

Sadly, I feel that in Destiny 1 Bungie had more "creative" freedom, but with Destiny 2 you can clearly see the stamp of ActiVision here with a much more aggressive focus on Micro transactions!  #Shadergate

But what boggles me the most is how they completely broke the loot system and weapon perks in Destiny 2, taking away the hunt for better gear and weapons. Which made Destiny 1 so addictive and fun. All those unique legendary weapons you wanted to collect.
    Or those unique shaders... etc etc.

In Destiny 2, the Legendary weapons are so crap, I was using mostly purple weapons because they had actually customizable perks.
    In general, Destiny 2 seems to have a mostly pure focus on PVP, instead of PVE like in Destiny 1. Hence, why all the weapons are just lack luster and normalized across the board!

It completely takes away the RPG element in Destiny 2 and the desire to continue playing after you reached the level cap. /shrug