Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Why are not more people playing this game here ?

123457»

Comments

• blamo2000blamo2000 Member RarePosts: 1,130
    I played on release for a couple hours.  It had no meaningful character development.  All characters end up exactly the same.  Why would anyone play this is my question?  Wow, which is now 100% focused on children, at least has one semi-meaningful choice characters make.  

I only played for a couple hours to see if there was some meat to this game, and when it was clear there wasn't I asked for a refund they refused me.  
  • deniterdeniter Member RarePosts: 1,429
    Click to move is my first reason, focus on PvP is the second. Third one is the fact that it's designed to be played on mobile platform. I may be old fashioned but i refuse to play games on smaller than 26" screen - i've done my time with mobile games in the 80's.
  • rush1984rush1984 Member UncommonPosts: 369
    boring GRIND FEST , some people like that i dont :tired_face:
  • danwest58danwest58 Member RarePosts: 2,012
    A brand new MMO , sandbox , pvp

Is this not something many constantly wish for on this forums.
    So why are not more people here playing it ?

The vast majority of MMORPG gamers will not play a OW PVP Full Looting game.  This is the same mistake that LOA is having and why that game is also having a problem.   Its because this extremely small community foolishly thinks OW PVP with full looting is a good element to have in the game.  Until there is no one that plays there game but a few hundred people and come to these forums begging people to play their game.  Guess what, it will not happen and just another game like this just needs to die.   
  • MaxBaconMaxBacon Member LegendaryPosts: 7,760
    Albion is interesting, does a decent mix of the PvP and PvE aspects, it just has the mobile'ish approach to how it works and due to them wanting to work on mobiles limits stuff on PC, such as very small maps, that I end up not playing.
  • RemyVorenderRemyVorender Member RarePosts: 3,991
    I am really enjoying Albion as my 2nd game.

Joined - July 2004

• KajidourdenKajidourden Member EpicPosts: 3,030
    I am really enjoying Albion as my 2nd game.
    Had I more time it would be mine as well
  • JeffSpicoliJeffSpicoli Member EpicPosts: 2,849
    Im to much of a man baby to play these kind of games, i admit it. Its like Eve online, I think that is a amazing MMO but i can't deal with spending 5 hours worm hole jumping with a cargo full of valuable stuff to sell and then losing it all in a instant to someone who just killed me because they can. I need that sense of achievement for my time. Yes some will say the danger element of losing it all at any moment enhances the gameplay which is does, but for me, My time is too valuable to  gain nothing from a extended play session. 

I'm in the minority where i respect these kind of games and DO NOT think they should change because i realize there is a player base that loves this. I accept the fact that although i think these games are great they are simply not for me. I think Bloodborne & Dark souls are great games as well, but again not games for me, I have no desire to spend 5 hours wiping over and over to "learn" boss mechanics.
    pantarocheyane
    • Aloha Mr Hand ! 

• MadatanMadatan Member UncommonPosts: 182
    edited April 2018
    Was starting to look into this, arrived at mmorpg.com and saw the about to release on Steam ad and decided against it. Any game that has to advertise with huge fake boobs are games without substance. A classic smartphone-trick. No thanks.
    Kyleranpostlarval
  • growillgrowill Member UncommonPosts: 28
    I've played for abount a month and just alt+f4 uninstalled it.
    After the UO nostalgia factor had left I just couldn't stand how useless this game is.
    The grindfest is ridiculous. The combat system is ridiculously bad. It's fun sometimes to run with your group looking for fights but then again you're just spamming basically 2 abilities and all the skill that's left is timing your 30/60secs cooldowns abilities right.

Not to mention devs insist on realasing 2-3 balance patch A YEAR on a full pvp game.
    SERIOUSLY THEY PULL OFF BALANCE PATCH ONCE EVERY 4 MONTHS
    A BALANCE PATCH EVERY 4 MONTHS

A BALANCE PATCH EVERY 4 MONTHS

FOR A FULL PVP GAME

THEY BALANCE THINGS EVERY 4 MONTHS

LOLWUT
  • TheocritusTheocritus Member LegendaryPosts: 9,737
    DAoC was never my thing,,,I actually played it for the PVE, didn't like the PVP aspect....THis one didn't sound any better so I passed.
  • GutlardGutlard Member RarePosts: 1,019
    Shit...did I leave my card on file with this game.....  :s

I played a little alone and got bored being alone, and couldn't get my friends to try it out, so I stopped. Didn't want to get ganked in the gankable areas either, being a loner.

Gut Out!

What, me worry?

I'v wanted to try this for a long time but the amount of people saying this game is a major time sink and if you don't have 12 hours a day to commit dont play has scared me away.
    • Aloha Mr Hand ! 

• KajidourdenKajidourden Member EpicPosts: 3,030
    thunderC said:
    I'v wanted to try this for a long time but the amount of people saying this game is a major time sink and if you don't have 12 hours a day to commit dont play has scared me away.

It's no more of a time-sink than any game with a usage-based skill system really.  The difference is that there are considerably more levels to attain.

So if you are dead-set on maxing everything then absolutely....but the idea is that only the most dedicated (and frankly batshit) players will do this. 
  • alkarionlogalkarionlog Member EpicPosts: 3,584
    why should I?
    FOR HONOR, FOR FREEDOM.... and for some money.
  • Chadex31Chadex31 Member CommonPosts: 7
    Great game - Takes a bit to get into late game.  But well worth it.
  • postlarvalpostlarval Member EpicPosts: 2,003
    why should I?
    Why should I care enough to give you reasons? You’re an adult, are you incapable of figuring out if a game is worth playing?

Does someone tell what to wear each day as well?

why should I?
    Why should I care enough to give you reasons? You’re an adult, are you incapable of figuring out if a game is worth playing?

Actually yes, my wife does. I'd have no fashion sense otherwise.
    Thunder073Kyleran
    • Aloha Mr Hand ! 

• postlarvalpostlarval Member EpicPosts: 2,003
    thunderC said:
    why should I?

Actually yes, my wife does. I'd have no fashion sense otherwise.
    Well, it’s a good thing you found a babysitter...er, I mean wife then.
    JeffSpicoliKyleran

• SoybeanSoybean Member UncommonPosts: 111

You'll get no argument for me. Full-loot PvP games are fringe and I hope they stay that way. People need to stop trying them if they don't like them. After a while, listening to the same people complain about each FFAPvP game the same way starts to sound like a bunch of dumb animals who keep getting their heads stuck in the same fence every day.  There are plenty of milk-toast MMOs out there to play.

Albion Online is a Full-loot PvP game. Blue, yellow, and red zones are training areas, designed to get your crafting and adventuring skills up . The goal of the game is black zones. PvE is for training. The entire game is designed to push people to PvP. I don't know why that would be a mystery to anyone. It's plastered all over their fucking website and they've said as much in dev posts. When they introduced the Royal Continent (blue, yellow, and red zones) they called it a starter zone for players. Starter zone. Players need to keep saying that sentence until they get it through their thick heads or they'll just keep getting their head stuck in the aforementioned fence and come here to whine.
    The question was why aren't there more people playing the game?

"A brand new MMO , sandbox , pvp

Is this not something many constantly wish for on this forums.
    So why are not more people here playing it ?"

^ this is what the op said ^

I am not sure where you are getting all of this other information from. It looks like you are getting triggered by the answers that the op is asking for.

• SoybeanSoybean Member UncommonPosts: 111
    edited August 2018
    I did not have a problem with the graphics. I liked the different way they used the skill tree (or whatever it was called)  to unlock different levels of gear. I liked the dungeons. The problem I had with the game was with the botters who were teleporting all over the place gathering mats; coupled with the 10 man gank squads roaming around to kill a farmer who was playing the game legitimately.  Then there were the videos of the speed hackers roaming around at that point I lost interest in the game. It was you cheat or get ganked.
  • Myri316Myri316 Member UncommonPosts: 8
    They arent playing this since there are games like Fractured https://fracturedmmo.com/?refcode=4ad74a25f75a  that doesnt has the Cons that Albion has like Ganking and the Force Join Guild not only this game but others like Lost Ark do it better.

Also the CEO left the company it seems this game will join the Playlist of NerdSlayer videos.