Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Fairy System to Go Live After Maintenance - Black Desert Online - MMORPG.com

SBFordSBFord Former Associate EditorMember LegendaryPosts: 33,129
edited April 2018 in News & Features Discussion

imageFairy System to Go Live After Maintenance - Black Desert Online - MMORPG.com

Black Desert Online News - Kakao Games has announced that the fairy system will be coming into Black Desert Online after this week's maintenance. Players will be able to head out into the world to look for Laila fairies by completing a recurring quest. "Each can learn different skills that benefit their characters and makes life in BDO more pleasurable".

Read the full story here

¯\_(ツ)_/¯ 

Comments

• MikehaMikeha Member EpicPosts: 9,196
    Thank you.
    Life2v
  • DivionDivion Member UncommonPosts: 411
    edited April 2018
    Been playing since Alpha, roughly 15k hours in game, of which i'd say 1/3rd of it is active play time, GM of a 100 member guild, which is the only thing that has kept me in this game, and even that is fading - most of my friends have moved on. This game is dying a messy death. This game has no possible life cycle beyond another few miserable years at best. The mechanics of the game are extremely punishing at higher level(s) - You will be faced with a binary situation of failing to get what you need to be competitive, and thereby quitting out of frustration of watching 6-12 months of work get pissed away in <30 minutes, or you will succeed, and then ask yourself "now what"  -- Traditionally this question is met with actual progressive content.. in 2 years of this game nothing new, no new tiers, new BiS, nothing - just marginally different alternatives hardly worth the tears, and frustration it would take to acquire, and enchant. Most of the new gear has been pushed towards new players who would not see much use of it, as better options exist. -- All the new PvE content has been lackluster with hard gear score barriers preventing enjoyment, or any actual rewarding experience. -- By the time you figure out what BDO is, it's over, it's that realization and time spent playing that makes you realize you were never actually playing BDO, in truth BDO was playing you. I have no idea how they planned on longevity with this filler/trash content patches. Who cares about a fairy... this isn't the development path that will re-invigor this dying, stagnate, mess of a game. The only thing keeping BDO alive is a lack of alternative. 

That being said, i still stand by BDO being the best MMORPG to come out in the last 3-4 years. That says more about the state of the genre then it does about BDO. However this is life. 

Edit(s) Apologies, been up all night typos galore. 
    KajidourdenAshikurostlordJDis25Life2vqomaDagon13

• ananitananit Member RarePosts: 293
    i uninstalled after my 9th failed attempt at duo ogre ring.
    this game had an incredible potential and it has been ruined by incredibly stupid design decision (though that comes with most asian mmos. asian developpers seem to equate tediousness with depth and/or difficulty) and pure greed in its cash shop monetisation and implementation.
    KajidourdenPhryElethonLife2v[Deleted User]
  • SovrathSovrath Member LegendaryPosts: 32,011
    "Each can learn different skills that benefit their characters and makes life in BDO more pleasurable".

I KNOW there's a joke there somewhere ...
    SBFordTsiyanatpickLife2vTacticalZombeh
    Like Skyrim? Need more content? Try my Skyrim mod "Godfred's Tomb." 

Godfred's Tomb Trailer: https://youtu.be/-nsXGddj_4w

Original Skyrim: https://www.nexusmods.com/skyrim/mods/109547

Try the "Special Edition." 'Cause it's "Special." https://www.nexusmods.com/skyrimspecialedition/mods/64878/?tab=description

Serph toze kindly has started a walk-through. https://youtu.be/UIelCK-lldo 
    ananit said:
    this game had an incredible potential and it has been ruined by incredibly stupid design decision (though that comes with most asian mmos. asian developpers seem to equate tediousness with depth and/or difficulty) and pure greed in its cash shop monetisation and implementation.
    I buy my gear. I started adding up how much I was spending on everything I needed to enchant and then recover if I failed and I realized it was cheaper to just buy it.
    TsiyaNinnghizhiddaApridise

Try the "Special Edition." 'Cause it's "Special." https://www.nexusmods.com/skyrimspecialedition/mods/64878/?tab=description

I have never even tried to enchant an item before. I don't even know how to engage in an AFK activity. 

Black Desert is a game of so many paths, choices and options that each player can play the game they way THEY want to play it. 

They only thing Kakao needs to fix are these technical issues that people are complaining about. Everything else are things you are experiencing because you choose to. 

Melissa-0Life2v
  • TsiyaTsiya Member UncommonPosts: 280
    edited April 2018
    I'm sold just on the perpetual lantern. Everything else is a bonus. Edit: I'm a duh.
    SovrathMelissa-0

• ananitananit Member RarePosts: 293
    Sovrath said:
    ananit said:
    I buy my gear. I started adding up how much I was spending on everything I needed to enchant and then recover if I failed and I realized it was cheaper to just buy it.
    i got full tet boss armor and weapons with self enchanting, just stuck on accessories at pri ogre and duo crescent/tungrad earring and belt. never got a tri accessory (aside from RCE) in over a year of playing. got bored of that stupid RNG progression and quit the game.
    Life2v
  • alkarionlogalkarionlog Member EpicPosts: 3,584
    so bdo become aika?
    FOR HONOR, FOR FREEDOM.... and for some money.
  • mmrvmmrv Member RarePosts: 305

Divion said:

Been playing since Alpha, roughly 15k hours in game, of which i'd say 1/3rd of it is active play time, GM of a 100 member guild, which is the only thing that has kept me in this game, and even that is fading - most of my friends have moved on. This game is dying a messy death. This game has no possible life cycle beyond another few miserable years at best. The mechanics of the game are extremely punishing at higher level(s) - You will be faced with a binary situation of failing to get what you need to be competitive, and thereby quitting out of frustration of watching 6-12 months of work get pissed away in <30 minutes, or you will succeed, and then ask yourself "now what"  -- Traditionally this question is met with actual progressive content.. in 2 years of this game nothing new, no new tiers, new BiS, nothing - just marginally different alternatives hardly worth the tears, and frustration it would take to acquire, and enchant. Most of the new gear has been pushed towards new players who would not see much use of it, as better options exist. -- All the new PvE content has been lackluster with hard gear score barriers preventing enjoyment, or any actual rewarding experience. -- By the time you figure out what BDO is, it's over, it's that realization and time spent playing that makes you realize you were never actually playing BDO, in truth BDO was playing you. I have no idea how they planned on longevity with this filler/trash content patches. Who cares about a fairy... this isn't the development path that will re-invigor this dying, stagnate, mess of a game. The only thing keeping BDO alive is a lack of alternative. 

That being said, i still stand by BDO being the best MMORPG to come out in the last 3-4 years. That says more about the state of the genre then it does about BDO. However this is life. 

Ill sum up his post for those of you not into walls of text. Blah blah blah blahblah blah, insert every generic argument that applies to every mmo ever made.

Pro tip broski it is highly unlikely any mmo in your lifetime will offer enough content to keep you engaged in the game for 15 THOUSAND hours. Ok you claim only 5000 of those hours were active do some math, 40 hour week is a full time job, 52 weeks a year thats the equivalence of 2.5 years of fulltime work. Honestly man its you not the game lol, diversify your life bruh their needs to be better balance than any one game for that much focused time :) I would do the math for you if you worked an average job of 15 bucks an hour for that time but I dont want to depress you even more, but you could have bought a tesla...
    MikehaPhryPanserbjorne39unrealazMelissa-0Life2vTacticalZombehApridise
    mmrv said:

Divion said:

Ill sum up his post for those of you not into walls of text. Blah blah blah blahblah blah, insert every generic argument that applies to every mmo ever made.

Pro tip broski it is highly unlikely any mmo in your lifetime will offer enough content to keep you engaged in the game for 15 THOUSAND hours. Ok you claim only 5000 of those hours were active do some math, 40 hour week is a full time job, 52 weeks a year thats the equivalence of 2.5 years of fulltime work. Honestly man its you not the game lol, diversify your life bruh their needs to be better balance than any one game for that much focused time :) I would do the math for you if you worked an average job of 15 bucks an hour for that time but I dont want to depress you even more, but you could have bought a tesla...
    good catch that's almost 7 hours a day for two years. omg!
    PhryMelissa-0

• WarlyxWarlyx Member EpicPosts: 3,363
    edited April 2018
    HEY LISTEN!
    KumaponMikeha
  • XophXoph Member UncommonPosts: 176

Sovrath said:

ananit said:

Even buying gear in BDO is RNG... You're still playing the RNG game, just saving silver.
  • 3dom3dom Member RarePosts: 889
    I demand pay2win version with bigger boobs and skimpier clothing!

The fairy is a serious fun though, although I expect it will take like 6 months of daily quests to randomly get her tier4 version.

Thank you for your time!

xDarkjoy said:

Sovrath said:

ananit said:

Even buying gear in BDO is RNG... You're still playing the RNG game, just saving silver.
    hmmm, not all the time though I believe the top most gear would be as you have to do pre-orders. All the gear I've purchased I've been just buying straight out.

I'm kicking myself for not buying a tet kutum shield when I had the chance.
    [Deleted User]

• HighMarshalHighMarshal Member UncommonPosts: 414
    Now when they make it to where I can play a faerie like that as a character, then I will come back.
    Melissa-0
  • unrealazunrealaz Member UncommonPosts: 19

mmrv said:

Divion said:

You have typed an aberation.
    "It's you"
    The guy is on point with every argument he made, do you even play the game?
    Or just shilling for Kakao?
    Also as he points out BDO is only good because there is 0 competition.
    Life2v
    Warlyx said:
    HEY LISTEN!

Zelda Ocarina Of Time
    Sovrath said:
    ananit said:
    You really need to stop spreading this common sense around or everyone will just be waiting for some else to enchant. :|
    To be honest, it has crossed my mind!

edited April 2018

mmrv said:

Divion said:

I didn't get past the first paragraph, i'm sure your second paragraph contained truckloads of insight... not...

"insert every generic argument that applies to every mmo ever made."

This is the most incorrect thing i've ever seen said about anyone's post. I mean you could have called me a highly functional autistic dog who works for the CIA, and that reply of yours' would still be less factual in comparison.

There is a hard stop limit to BDO that even the most Janky easter MMORPGS do not have. If you said

"insert every generic argument that applies to every KOREAN GRIND FEST mmo ever made." -- You'd be slightly more right, but still wrong.

From my observations, if you think my chief concerns with the designs of BDO are correlative to the same design flaws of any other MMO this tells me (2) things :

1.) You've either not played BDO, or not played BDO beyond the 500 Gear Score point - nor do you understand the leading/following/ancillary mechanics behind the game's progressionary schema, or you simply got RNG Blessed. -- This is an important one, i know people have been playing as long as me with MORE hours in the game than me, and they are now out-geared by people who play less, put in less effort, been in the game 2-3 months, have no idea what they are doing - yet RNG blessed them with massive rolls. -- What other game chooses who ascended, and who perishes regardless of money/time/effort spent? What other game has the controversies around it such as the intentional falsification of tooltips to mislead people on what the mechanics of an item actually does?
    2.) You've not played many OTHER MMORPGs to be able to accurately compare the two.

------------

That being said, since i didn't read your second paragraph, and maybe you actually have factual information, so i concede to that, but i would caution if you have a point to make - don't precede it with a paragraph so ridiculous that the reader facepalms so hard they go blind, and can't finish reading -- Cheers.
    Life2v

PS Sorry for walls of text. I'm a system engineer, me and brevity don't get along so well.

edited April 2018
    I went back, and read the rest of the reply out of sheer whimsical curiosity... i shouldn't have, it lacked the hoped for insight i was looking for.

"Pro tip broski it is highly unlikely any mmo in your lifetime will offer enough content to keep you engaged in the game for 15 THOUSAND hours. Ok you claim only 5000 of those hours were active do some math, 40 hour week is a full time job, 52 weeks a year thats the equivalence of 2.5 years of fulltime work. Honestly man its you not the game lol, diversify your life bruh their needs to be better balance than any one game for that much focused time :) I would do the math for you if you worked an average job of 15 bucks an hour for that time but I dont want to depress you even more, but you could have bought a tesla..."

No, it's not me. Sorry, it's not - There has been 3 massive protests (in-game, and out) - Several Podcasts highlighting, and begging for relief by top identities in the game. Massive top guilds have commited exoduses after listing a manifesto for their chief concerns to reddit which reflect what i've presented here. Lastly, and the most tragic of them all i had very close friends i've played with on this game.. they are not playing any more for these reasons, i have several i stay in contact on discord with, and every time i mention them returning, they fire back with these issues. What's interesting is i have PTSD from my time in Iraq, and listening to them talk to me about their perceptions of BDO, you'd think the game gave them PTSD. Which it kinda does.. have a handful of shitty enchanting sessions, and see how fast your heart races the next time you do a critical enchant. Games shouldn't be this way. You should have an RNG mechanic deciding something in seconds that took you months to work for. In an instance you are set back 6 months. Don't believe me? Ask anyone who went for a TET/PEN BiS accessory and it failed, some of us have experienced that failure many, many times - We were not the engine of our failure, we had no control over the outcome. We can only control it all so far. Who wants to play a game like that? What game does that to you? Even WoW throws you a bone if you put in the effort for top gear. Show up to enough raids at some point you will get something. If you put in "40" hours a week (average) in ANY other MMORPG in 5-6 months you should be among the top players awaiting new content... in BDO, you will put in that effort only to be set back to the 6 month point in which you started working on progression, OR you will succeed and sit there and have nothing to do because... new content doesn't exist, not really anyways. There is a reason Mediah/Valencia mobs are still the grind spots of choice over Kama/Margoria. They only recently got people to do Valencia Mobs, for 2 years everyone was grinding the same spots (pirates/sausans) regardless of 4 additional "major" content releases. The thing that swayed it all was the Marni stones, and nerfing of Valencia mob's stats, it actually had nothing to do with the empty content that now sits, and stagnates. Nobody does Kama (Except Gyfin which requires MASSIVE Gearscore, and only the top 5% of the game can run it) - Node Wars are always the same people, nobody can enter this content unless you are in one of those guilds (10-30 guilds out of 1,000 +; been that way since NW launched almost 2 years ago) - Yeah.. just me though boo... that's not even talking about the off DevOps schedule of how we get patches compared to KR, the sequence, the quality, the features, or the backbone (leaseweb) decisions that have cost this game massive population exoduses.... But yeah, it's not the game - it's "me" ROFL

You are just wrong, you have an amazing talent to type, and make fallacious statements as if it was a casual thing often expected on the internet... oh wait, it is. My folly for engaging with you, but i never said i wasn't a fool.

• mmrvmmrv Member RarePosts: 305

Divion said:

INSERT BLAH BLAH BLAH

No I am right, every complaint you made has been made about some other game in some sort of equivalent gripe. The fact you obsessively responded kind of highlights the problem is a you thing lol. Most every guild centric games has a few control freak guilds who stage their little protests demanding the developer change xyz because dammit we are a guild and do as we say lol. Sure tet pen accessories are brutal but again only afew out of control I WANT IT CAUSE I WANT IT types lose their mind over them and simply cant accept the fact things in this game are meant to be "out of reach" for most people and no skills, forcing will easily overcome it. Literally insert your gripe about pen accessories with wow's endless gear treadmill as they power creep everything endlessly for example.

Your issue and others have with the RNG upgrade system is far beyond the game is a basic gambling issue. could that system be better? sure and they make small strides to improve it but hey once you get your full pen gear you will move onto complaining you are bored there is nothing to do or strive for anymore lol.

Again vocal minority trying to demand the world conform to their whims because they say so. I been playing since release not even a shred of your time, got 230 ap can do gyfins just fine but rarely do because why im not racing anyone i am playing a game to have some fun? sorry man you managed to take the game out of the game step back relax learn to enjoy games for what they are you will enjoy them far more. you sound like a good person I was offering you advice 5k hours in a game is too much you will hit the wall in any game you play pounding that much time into them. Its a good game not perfect, no game is perfect but we have alot of choices to try to find ways to entertain ourselves.
  • VeydVeyd Member CommonPosts: 1
    Uff, this escalated into a discussion I would like to join.

I play Black Desert since it came out, not consant I prefer it to play other games in between to keep the games I play fresh for me.

I get it that getting full Pen Gear is desiarble for some people but just don't do it if it bothers you that much. It's a game for gods sake you're supposed to have fun!
    If it's not fun for you to enchant your gear, don't do it.
    Even if it means you cannot grind in Kamasylvia or so. (I haven't even stepped into that part of the map yet)

I play the game since the fighting system is awesome and the lacking content that was mentioned is no where to be seen for me. It's a Korean Grinder thats what it is and for that there is enough content.
    You have so many things to do and a big World to discover and this world looks beautiful.
    Of course you will run out of things to do when you play a game a lot, thats normal.

I have fun when I play a new Class and Grind with it since the fighting system is so good and fun for me. I don't really care about my gear score as long as I have fun playing the game, I mean I just hit lvl 58 with my main and don't even have full tri gear and I still have lots of fun.

And I dunno whats up with all these people saying that they focus too much on the Pearl shop.
    You know Companys do need money to operate and that not just once...
    even if it scratches the p2w wall wich is not desirable and I hope won't escalate.

And at the end I would like to talk about the Fairy.

Cool thing definitely going to get her! Guess I'll see Kamasylvia for the first time in game. :D

Torval said:
    Sovrath said:
    ananit said:
    The lesson I learned from Lineage 1, my first mmo, enchanting is for fun only. Once you have your main gear set and you get tons of drops then start enchanting. It's really an end game activity for accounts that are rich. It gives them some risk/reward system to play with.

If you're gearing up it's almost always better to sell enchant components for high prices and buy your gear like you mention. That's how I'm going to play, once I hit 50 in Prime and my sub ends. So many games, not enough time.

What do you think of the fairy system overall?
    As far as the benefits, I'm afraid I don't really care.

For example, I realize one can level pets and get different tiers of horses but I just find all of that more tedium. I recently purchased a Tier 8 horse to replace my first horse which was a tier 5. I set off, hit shift so I could run and the horse bucked and threw me. Did this several times. I then realized "aw crap there is probably some skill I need to level". I then decided "no, I'm fine with my Tier 5 horse and sold the Tier 8.

So leveling a Fairy isn't really for me.

However, there is something very "kitchy compelling" about it. It's sort of weird a a neat way. So I think I'll get one.
    [Deleted User]MadFrenchie