Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

5.5 Milestone Overview - Playable Female Centaurs! - Crowfall Videos - MMORPG.com

SystemSystem Member UncommonPosts: 12,599
edited April 2018 in Videos Discussion

image5.5 Milestone Overview - Playable Female Centaurs! - Crowfall Videos - MMORPG.com

Art Craft has pushed out another fantastic video this week, this time focused on several key milestones in the development of Crowfall. Most notably, players will now find playable female centaurs, a new map packed with zombies, spiders and minibosses, the addition of the new death / resurrection mechanics, player-controlled vendors and more.

Read the full story here

Comments

• XingbairongXingbairong Member RarePosts: 927
    edited April 2018
    Having high expectations from this one, but honestly I'm almost 99% sure that they will somehow ruin it by being p2w or something close to that. I remember that there were some ridiculous supporter packages($5k-$10k if memory servers me right) that gave ridiculous stuff.

Btw anyone else getting Darwin Project feeling watching this?:P
    Frykka
  • ElderknightElderknight Member UncommonPosts: 322
    They did Shadowbane, do you think they will make p2w game, its going to be a very awesome game. Keep up the good work, will be playing this Hardcore, 4TW.
    JamesGoblinFrykka
  • JamesGoblinJamesGoblin Member RarePosts: 1,242

Having high expectations from this one, but honestly I'm almost 99% sure that they will somehow ruin it by being p2w or something close to that. I remember that there were some ridiculous supporter packages($5k-$10k if memory servers me right) that gave ridiculous stuff.

They had $10k Kickstarter packages, content being mostly for instanced personal housing. They also had $7k castles in shop, same story - can't import these in the actual game servers, but you can play with them on your own.

For what it's worth, $10k ones are not available since March 2015 while $7k castles were removed from the shop last year. They barely sold any (maybe two or three after Kickstarter), while getting regular "OMG $7k PTW!" comments for years, on and on; So they did the right thing.
     W...aaagh?
  • KajidourdenKajidourden Member EpicPosts: 3,030

The only people who believe that crowfall has ever offered anything P2W are the ones who have no idea what they're talking about.
    JamesGoblin
  • NeffxunitedNeffxunited Member UncommonPosts: 17
    As hyped as I am, it's long overdue. I know a great game takes time, but this game needs to release already. They've been promoting for years to get hopes up only to be pushed back more, eventually I won't have any hype left to give this game.
  • KajidourdenKajidourden Member EpicPosts: 3,030
    edited April 2018
    As hyped as I am, it's long overdue. I know a great game takes time, but this game needs to release already. They've been promoting for years to get hopes up only to be pushed back more, eventually I won't have any hype left to give this game.

Hype is irrelevant.  If it releases and it's good people will play it. 

I keep hearing this about several games, and regardless of whether or not I'm excited for them it's just stupid.

Releasing a game based on "hype dying" is idiotic and half-baked. 
    Valdheim
  • DreadstoneofxevDreadstoneofxev Member CommonPosts: 17
    So they did Shadowbane, which was PvP on, and that game died after a good run. (Six years) And now they're back with....Crowfall?
  • FrykkaFrykka Member UncommonPosts: 154
    edited April 2018

So they did Shadowbane, which was PvP on, and that game died after a good run. (Six years) And now they're back with....Crowfall?

They also did UO, SWG, and Wizard 101...

Mixing a Shadowbane style character build system with an EVE style passive training and pilot/ship system, a SWG style crafting and economy, and a non-tab targeting "action" combat in open world (non instanced) PvP.
    JamesGoblin
  • FrykkaFrykka Member UncommonPosts: 154
    edited April 2018
    ^
    Post edited by Frykka on
    JamesGoblin
  • FlyinDutchman87FlyinDutchman87 Member UncommonPosts: 336
    *shurgs* just glad to see something comming out that's not a zombie survival, or Battlegrounds game honestly. Even if it sucks it'll still be something to play for 6 months or so.
  • TillerTiller Member LegendaryPosts: 11,167
    Why does this game look like Wizards101 version 2 ?
    SWG Bloodfin vet
    Elder Jedi/Elder Bounty Hunter

• F2PlagueF2Plague Member UncommonPosts: 232

...........................stfu
  • Arkade99Arkade99 Member RarePosts: 538

Tiller said:

Why does this game look like Wizards101 version 2 ?

I can only imagine your are referring to the graphics style, since otherwise these games could not be more different. Stylized graphics age better and are better for performance over more realistic graphics. If you don't like it, that's fine, but graphics don't make the game IMO.
    JamesGoblinFrykka