Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

NEWS 09 April Devblog 3

IceAgeIceAge Member EpicPosts: 3,120
edited April 2018 in Bless
"We spent the most effort in revamping the combat system! We’ve re-examined almost every class’ skills and restructured their composition and effects.

Rhythmic Combat

-Players need to pick two stance skills out of six, as well as four general skills that will go well with their class. Using these skills in combos during combat will lead to extra effects (1. Select a stance, 2. Use your starting skill 3. Use a skill combo). -In combat, there is more action and it has gotten more difficult due to the new dynamic combo system. Depending on how good a player is at making combos, they can bring out the full potential of their class.

Restructuring Growth Mechanics

-We have rebuilt the mechanics behind both skill acquisition and skill leveling. In the Steam version, in addition to advancing your equipment, learning and leveling up skills are main parts of growing your character. -There is a variety of ways to obtain the gems that are used to level skills. As we aim to avoid P2W, the amount of money you spend on the game will not affect the amount of gems you can get.

Party Buffs Join a party for the full Bless experience!

-We believe that the best way to enjoy any MMORPG is by playing with others. As an incentive for players to play the game with a variety of people, we have decided to introduce party benefits! -Depending on the number of members, classes, and races of the party members, the party leader can choose one combat effect and one lifestyle (non-combat) effect from a selection to be applied to party members! With this feature we hope that not only those who enjoy combat, but also those who prefer the lifestyle (non-combat) aspects of MMORPGs can enjoy playing with other players!

User Friendly Monetization Everyone will love our in-game shops!

-Along with having no P2W in the Steam version, Bless Online’s monetization system will be user friendly. -Content token shop: We have designed it so that players can use content tokens (special in-game currency earned by just playing the game) to purchase functional items. -Lumena shop: Players can use Lumena (in-game currency purchased using real money) to buy a variety of convenience and cosmetic items. -Also, with the addition of the Lumena Exchange Center (name is WIP), players will be able to convert their content tokens into Lumena. This feature will allow even players who only buy the game (and nothing more!) the ability to use the Lumena shop to purchase convenience and cosmetic items. Find out more, for example how we upgraded the initial Bless experience when starting, later today on our Dev Blog #3"

https://steamcommunity.com/app/681660/discussions/0/1696043806572253600/

This was posted on discord , and it seems we should find more info later today !

It was a very good read and it seems combat is much more "engaged" in the version of Steam , which is nice. Also, very glad to hear about the shop. 

Looking forward for today's (more) News!

Reporter: What's behind Blizzard success, and how do you make your gamers happy?
Blizzard Boss: Making gamers happy is not my concern, making money.. yes!

Post edited by IceAge on
Mikeha[Deleted User]

Comments

• AnnaTSAnnaTS Member UncommonPosts: 600
    edited April 2018
    IceAge said:
    "We spent the most effort in revamping the combat system! We’ve re-examined almost every class’ skills and restructured their composition and effects.

Rhythmic Combat

-Players need to pick two stance skills out of six, as well as four general skills that will go well with their class. Using these skills in combos during combat will lead to extra effects (1. Select a stance, 2. Use your starting skill 3. Use a skill combo). -In combat, there is more action and it has gotten more difficult due to the new dynamic combo system. Depending on how good a player is at making combos, they can bring out the full potential of their class. Restructuring Growth Mechanics

-We have rebuilt the mechanics behind both skill acquisition and skill leveling. In the Steam version, in addition to advancing your equipment, learning and leveling up skills are main parts of growing your character. -There is a variety of ways to obtain the gems that are used to level skills. As we aim to avoid P2W, the amount of money you spend on the game will not affect the amount of gems you can get. Party Buffs Join a party for the full Bless experience!

-We believe that the best way to enjoy any MMORPG is by playing with others. As an incentive for players to play the game with a variety of people, we have decided to introduce party benefits! -Depending on the number of members, classes, and races of the party members, the party leader can choose one combat effect and one lifestyle (non-combat) effect from a selection to be applied to party members! With this feature we hope that not only those who enjoy combat, but also those who prefer the lifestyle (non-combat) aspects of MMORPGs can enjoy playing with other players! User Friendly Monetization Everyone will love our in-game shops!

-Along with having no P2W in the Steam version, Bless Online’s monetization system will be user friendly. -Content token shop: We have designed it so that players can use content tokens (special in-game currency earned by just playing the game) to purchase functional items. -Lumena shop: Players can use Lumena (in-game currency purchased using real money) to buy a variety of convenience and cosmetic items. -Also, with the addition of the Lumena Exchange Center (name is WIP), players will be able to convert their content tokens into Lumena. This feature will allow even players who only buy the game (and nothing more!) the ability to use the Lumena shop to purchase convenience and cosmetic items. Find out more, for example how we upgraded the initial Bless experience when starting, later today on our Dev Blog #3"

https://steamcommunity.com/app/681660/discussions/0/1696043806572253600/

This was posted on discord , and it seems we should find more info later today !

It was a very good read and it seems combat is much more "engaged" in the version of Steam , which is nice. Also, very glad to hear about the shop. 

Looking forward for today's (more) News!
    Are you sure there is more news coming later because i just joined their discord and it says this was just leaked to discord before being released later.

@everyone Wow - I am impressed! After last night we are finally a 10.000+ member Discord! Wohooo! Neowiz and I are extremely glad to see, that you are already hyped and especially for some of you - loyal after this thrilling rollercoaster ride so far. This is exactly why we decided to use this big achievement of you to give you something back….. and already leak the upcoming News that are coming later today for the public - exclusively for you, our great Discord community! So without further talk - let's just dive right into them:

I can see some people being a bit disappointed if this is the information being released for this week, So many people keep posting wanting to know the price of the game and the actual launch date. 

I can wait just boring keep seeing the same threads over and over.

This news doesn't really mean much to me, I need to see what it actually means if that makes sense.

This is their discord if anyone is interested https://discord.gg/qAH8gcx
  • IzkimarIzkimar Member UncommonPosts: 568
    "Find out more, for example how we upgraded the initial Bless experience when starting, later today on our Dev Blog #3"

It seems like there might be a bit more in the Dev Blog. Who knows, hopefully there is. 
  • KyleranKyleran Member LegendaryPosts: 43,508
    Is this new combat system live anywhere, or on one of the other regional test servers?

Or is it all pretty much still inside NDA/private invite test environments?

"True friends stab you in the front." | Oscar Wilde 

"I need to finish" - Christian Wolff: The Accountant

Just trying to live long enough to play a new, released MMORPG, playing New Worlds atm

Fools find no pleasure in understanding but delight in airing their own opinions. Pvbs 18:2, NIV

Don't just play games, inhabit virtual worlds™

"This is the most intelligent, well qualified and articulate response to a post I have ever seen on these forums. It's a shame most people here won't have the attention span to read past the second line." - Anon

Kyleran said:
    Is this new combat system live anywhere, or on one of the other regional test servers?

Or is it all pretty much still inside NDA/private invite test environments?

It is pretty much still inside NDA/private tests, nobody has seen it yet. We will be getting it first on the Steam Version, no other region has it. They will then roll it out in JP and Korea later from what I understand. 
    KyleranMikeha
    Izkimar said:
    "Find out more, for example how we upgraded the initial Bless experience when starting, later today on our Dev Blog #3"

It seems like there might be a bit more in the Dev Blog. Who knows, hopefully there is. 
    Well if they do release something later it would be nice to see some video footage of the combat because just reading it means nothing to me. 
  • FlyByKnightFlyByKnight Member EpicPosts: 3,967
    edited April 2018
    Doesn't early access start in May? Yet there is not once single updated combat game play video?

That's the type of thing that adds to my skepticism. It makes me feel like this game is some pump and dump scheme for the publisher. 

No new gameplay video = no desks = not real
    BruceYee
    "As far as the forum code of conduct, I would think it's a bit outdated and in need of a refre *CLOSED*" 

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
    Doesn't early access start in May? Yet there is not once single updated combat game play video?

That's the type of thing that adds to my skepticism. It makes me feel like this game is some pump and dump scheme for the publisher. 

I think Neowiz is publishing the Steam version themselves because i haven't heard a single person mention anyone that is publishing it. 
    Gdemami

They are playing a bit close to the vest if they are planning on moving into early access on May.

Maybe they just want to "surprise" everyone with how awesome it will be.

;)

Just trying to live long enough to play a new, released MMORPG, playing New Worlds atm

Fools find no pleasure in understanding but delight in airing their own opinions. Pvbs 18:2, NIV

"This is the most intelligent, well qualified and articulate response to a post I have ever seen on these forums. It's a shame most people here won't have the attention span to read past the second line." - Anon

Nobody pours huge resources into completely revamping their combat a 3rd time to pump and dump. As well as NeoWiz is self-publishing. 

There are a lot of fair criticisms on the game, but the decisions they have been making haven't been in line with that of a last ditch cash grab. 
  • JacobinJacobin Member RarePosts: 1,009
    edited April 2018
    Izkimar said:
    Nobody pours huge resources into completely revamping their combat a 3rd time to pump and dump.
    Claiming to revamp a failed game yet providing no evidence of actual improvements in the form of gameplay videos less than a month before release is the very definition of a pump and dump.

• MikehaMikeha Member EpicPosts: 9,196
    Have they announced the price?
    Jacobin said:
    Izkimar said:
    Nobody pours huge resources into completely revamping their combat a 3rd time to pump and dump.
    Claiming to revamp a failed game yet providing no evidence of actual improvements in the form of gameplay videos less than a month before release is the very definition of a pump and dump.

Are you the same Jacobin from TL GW2?

No it's not. It's not pump and dump unless it turns out to actually be a non-changed cash grab. We just got a post detailing what changes were being made, and screenshots of completely revamped skill trees/bars. If you have played a lot of Bless on JP, you would recognize these are some big changes. 

edited April 2018
    Jacobin said:

They are reworking the combat that's why the assassin and mystic class with not be available at steam launch and will come later.

Also looks like they're adding an extra shop which people can purchase items with an in game currency  and not cash, Which i am guessing will be a different from gold.

So the cash shop which you can buy items with cash with will only have cosmetics and convenience items to try and keep the game from being P2W. 

As for optimization of the game people say the Japan version is better than the previous version but maybe they have improved more on that as well.

I think these were the main problems with the early versions of Bless. 
    Mikeha said:
    Have they announced the price?
    Not according to a Discord comment mentioned above, one of the “disappointements” about the announcement apparently.

I figure if you have to ask, you can’t afford to play.  

;)
    IceAge

I don't trust any dev/pub who has an in-a-month ETA and still playing wait-and-see with one of the most important aspects of the experience. 

It's never for honorable reasons these days.
    BruceYeeGdemamiRich84Kyleran
    "As far as the forum code of conduct, I would think it's a bit outdated and in need of a refre *CLOSED*" 

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
    Izkimar said:

Nobody pours huge resources into completely revamping their combat a 3rd time to pump and dump. As well as NeoWiz is self-publishing. 

There are a lot of fair criticisms on the game, but the decisions they have been making haven't been in line with that of a last ditch cash grab. 
    I disagree. There's corporations that exclusively do this. Flipping companies, flipping homes, flipping fail games. They don't buy in out of love man.

I'm not saying this is the case but stuff like being cute with vital information a month out, it gives me the Robert Dinero Heat feel.

BruceYeeGdemami

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
  • BruceYeeBruceYee Member EpicPosts: 2,556
    From everything I've read and seen about Bless over the years I think they'd be in trouble if they shoot for anything more than $39.99-$49.99 for box price considering there's a cash shop. I think they'd be better off going with $39.99 or lower initially to get people playing the game. If the game is good enough then people will drop money in the cash shop. Looking greedy by charging $59.99+ w/cash shop for twice failed game would not benefit them at all IMO.
    BruceYee said:
    From everything I've read and seen about Bless over the years I think they'd be in trouble if they shoot for anything more than $39.99-$49.99 for box price considering there's a cash shop. I think they'd be better off going with $39.99 or lower initially to get people playing the game. If the game is good enough then people will drop money in the cash shop. Looking greedy by charging $59.99+ w/cash shop for twice failed game would not benefit them at all IMO.
    I'd probably go with $29.99 or so.

No matter the PR spin, this is a cash shop game with an up front cost.
    Gdemami

I disagree. There's corporations that exclusively do this. Flipping companies, flipping homes, flipping fail games. They don't buy in out of love man.

I'm not saying this is the case but stuff like being cute with vital information a month out, it gives me the Robert Dinero Heat feel.

I agree with that, but this isn't a situation of a big publisher buying in then flipping it. This is the same small-ish developer that has been working on the game since 2011. They have poured a fuck ton of resources into this game, they have even changed large parts of the team, and they are self publishing for the West. So all I'm saying is their non-marketing actions have looked like a team that genuinely wants their game to do well. Now their PR for the West has been pretty non-existent, even though this is their target market. Maybe they just don't have the marketing resources anymore? Idk, that is something they have definitely dropped the ball on. 
    IceAge