Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Legion release date now official... Legion included with BfA!

btdtbtdt Member RarePosts: 523
So Blizzard just announced the actual release date of BfA (August 14, 2018).

They also just added Legion to BfA for the same price as BfA alone.

Pre-patch will likely hit 1 month before that with PTR testing a month before that.  So BfA is essentially going to be done by June.  This is perhaps the fastest release of an expansion for Blizzard ever.

Assuming they can keep that date.

I question the depth of this expansion given it's short turn around.

Comments

• btdtbtdt Member RarePosts: 523
    LOL, BfA release date... 
    [Deleted User]
  • DarkswormDarksworm Member RarePosts: 1,081
    They've been bundling all expansions with the latest expansion for years now.  This is not new.

Doesn't surprise me that they've started selling B4A in place of Legion right now.  Not only does it increase their sales numbers for the expansion, but it keeps players coming back through at least the launch of the expansion because they've already brought it, and will want to see what it offers when it launches.

It's an ingenious move.

MMORPGs started bundling expansions this way over a decade ago (Remember the WoW Battle Chest, etc.)?
  • KrimzinKrimzin Member UncommonPosts: 687
    There will always be those WoW Fans who go back time after time. They buy the new expansion, play it for 2 months quit say they are never coming back..til the next expansion. 
    AnOldFart

Just because I'm a gamer doesn't mean I drive a Honda.
    Best Duo Ever

Lets see your Battle Stations /r/battlestations
    Battle Station 
  • FlyinDutchman87FlyinDutchman87 Member UncommonPosts: 336
    *raises hand*

I've only actually regretted it for 3 of the expansions. 
  • AnOldFartAnOldFart Member RarePosts: 562
    edited April 2018
    Krimzin said:
    There will always be those WoW Fans who go back time after time. They buy the new expansion, play it for 2 months quit say they are never coming back..til the next expansion. 
    I played until Wotlk then that was it...
    Cataclysm released I played that and that was it....
    Then I actually stopped until legion released...

Played that for 2 months and now that is definately it.

It's just the same game as TBC but dumbed down and made easier each expansion 
  • VrikaVrika Member LegendaryPosts: 7,888
    btdt said:

Pre-patch will likely hit 1 month before that with PTR testing a month before that.  So BfA is essentially going to be done by June.  This is perhaps the fastest release of an expansion for Blizzard ever.

Assuming they can keep that date.

I question the depth of this expansion given it's short turn around.
    What do you mean fastest? If the schedule holds, it takes Blizzard 2 years from Legion release to Battle of Azeroth release. Wrath of the Lich King, Mist of Pandaria and Legion were all released faster than Battle of Azeroth.
    PhryAnOldFartPr3sid3ntSkr00b

• DarkswormDarksworm Member RarePosts: 1,081
    Krimzin said:
    Yea.  Honestly I just uninstalled the game from my system.

I think I'm going to try FFXIV for another month or two and see if that sticks, with a smattering of GW2: HoT on the side to see if I ever get through these HoT zones/finish up my elite spec (will not buy PoFire until at least that is done, as I'm liable to quit and waste the money) and eventually use that for PvP cause ESO content packs are too damn expensive [at this point] and I don't want two subscriptions... so I uninstalled that, too.

I've tended to return every 2-3 expansions to try to get into it, but usually can't last more than a couple of months.  Honestly, I can probably do with something a bit more casual, because I'm feeling like it's not possible for a game to hold my attention the way these used to over a decade ago.  I WANT it to, but I don't actually think this can work anymore.