Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

What is considered the best mmorpg as of 2018 April 04/04

2»

Comments

• BeezerbeezBeezerbeez Member UncommonPosts: 302
    I started FF XIV two weeks ago for the first time. I'm really enjoying the feel and the lore, though I can't speak to end-game or max-level mechanics. It's my favorite game right now without a doubt, but I also do a bit of RP and the game does an excellent job along those lines.

Generally, TESO still ranks as "the best" mmorpg right now on my personal list, though I am not currently playing it; The new expansion does look enticing. 

• WarlyxWarlyx Member EpicPosts: 3,364
    edited April 2018
    Of all the MMOs I play, I always come back to GW2 the most. Fun to play, lots of adventure and exploration and stories.
    How do you get into GW2 after the base game. I hit 80 and I've been trying to push through the HOT expansion content and I just find it extremely boring. It's probably because of the design of the area, it feels extremely convoluted and the mastery system is explained pretty poorly. I actually bought POF because I thought I could get back into the game but I just hate HOT I guess. 
    Hot zones sucks badly , they were created to make u go MAD, but there are some good designs Auric basin city is gorgeus (the song of the city is awesome btw) , the meta of the last map (dragon stand) of HoT is EPIC ! is the REAL ENDING of HoT , so i recomend doing it after finishing HOT story , jump on the LFG for dragon stand META and enjoy the ride !

the story of HoT is "ok" at best has some moments tho, but the Living season 2 rocks , PoF story was good too , and LS3 has been interesting so far.

Outside some balance issues and not making more easy to ppl to enjoy group content (no automatching for dungeons , no1 does dungeons anymore , but at least for fractals....)
  • HothloveHothlove Member UncommonPosts: 126
    Good answers !

I tried out a few and I must say that gw2 looks really nice most areas, the combat is alright nad the sound track I believe is the man who composed morrowind. Apparently from what I've gathered I'm not too keen on gw2 endgame in PVE but I really do like PvP.

BDO I tried the 10 dollar access and I must say that it starts of really annoying until one have played for a couple of hours 4-5 or so.. Graphics are stunning, tho the soundtrack is either remarkable or just boring. The combat system is very nice, reminds me abit of DMC series. The one complain I do have with this game though, all in all, is really that the mobs die way too easy.

The I retried/reinstalled ESO but there's just something boring about this game, it starts to getting on my nerves after playing for 3-4 hours.

I did also once play TSW and that game has had a remake, but I've heardd it got worse with the remake.

Finally let's never forget Final Fantasy ! FF14 is nice but with this game I would say it takes a couple of days to really lift off, even if you only play it casually.I remember playing on ps3 but now pc. There are some really nice areas in this game and like BDO you are  supposedly  in for a very long grind and character progression. The music is real nice and graphics are 8/10.

I think I will continue to play Final Fantasy 14 just because I wan't really that much interested in GW2's gamplay and BDO is one of those games where the fun really starts to shine when you high level and you have to play insane it seems. In BDO you can't play alot alone when high level either,, which seems to be the downfall for me with this game.

ESO is just not me - So I'll vote up for FF14 if we speak of released 3d mmorpgs later than 2013. With GW2 as a close second because of it's PvP.

It's funny because I remembered FF14 as worse than now, but trying it again it became clear to me that it's better than I recalled.

• ScorchienScorchien Member LegendaryPosts: 8,914
    Hothlove said:
    Good answers !

I tried out a few and I must say that gw2 looks really nice most areas, the combat is alright nad the sound track I believe is the man who composed morrowind. Apparently from what I've gathered I'm not too keen on gw2 endgame in PVE but I really do like PvP.

BDO I tried the 10 dollar access and I must say that it starts of really annoying until one have played for a couple of hours 4-5 or so.. Graphics are stunning, tho the soundtrack is either remarkable or just boring. The combat system is very nice, reminds me abit of DMC series. The one complain I do have with this game though, all in all, is really that the mobs die way too easy.

The I retried/reinstalled ESO but there's just something boring about this game, it starts to getting on my nerves after playing for 3-4 hours.

I did also once play TSW and that game has had a remake, but I've heardd it got worse with the remake.

Finally let's never forget Final Fantasy ! FF14 is nice but with this game I would say it takes a couple of days to really lift off, even if you only play it casually.I remember playing on ps3 but now pc. There are some really nice areas in this game and like BDO you are  supposedly  in for a very long grind and character progression. The music is real nice and graphics are 8/10.

I think I will continue to play Final Fantasy 14 just because I wan't really that much interested in GW2's gamplay and BDO is one of those games where the fun really starts to shine when you high level and you have to play insane it seems. In BDO you can't play alot alone when high level either,, which seems to be the downfall for me with this game.

ESO is just not me - So I'll vote up for FF14 if we speak of released 3d mmorpgs later than 2013. With GW2 as a close second because of it's PvP.

It's funny because I remembered FF14 as worse than now, but trying it again it became clear to me that it's better than I recalled.

FF14 is a good choice OP , it is the best by far of that selection IMO .. Have fun and use Mizzteq for your instance vids , she does a great job very clear and concise , pleasant to listen to also
    MrMelGibson
  • Pr3sid3ntSkr00bPr3sid3ntSkr00b Member UncommonPosts: 53
    Post 2013 I'd say BDO, AA, idk when FFXIV ARR released but maybe that one too. 
  • TheocritusTheocritus Member LegendaryPosts: 9,754
    Gorwe said:
    None really. Pretty much all of MMORPG offerings today are quite disappointing.
    I'm looking at many of the lists the people have here and either I didn't like the games or I have no interest in them.....I think until they go back to more of a world these games will just feel shallow.... The MMOs since WoW have just been crap really.
  • Audioslave255Audioslave255 Member CommonPosts: 3
    Amathe said:
    I'm getting by on my memories for now.
    Thumbs up
  • SephirosoSephiroso Member RarePosts: 2,020
    Siveria said:
    None, because mmorpgs today do not exist, they are all piss-poorly made single player games. Until a game forces you to team up due to diffculty of the enemies etc, its not a mmorpg. I miss old school FF11 back when lv cap was 75, stuff was hard (compared to the joke todays mmorpgs are), it brought people together, the 1 char system with all jobs was brilliant because it kept trolls in line, as stuff took sometimes alot of time to do in ff11, and if you were an arse people would find out and bascally not let you into their parties/do stuff with you.

To me FF11 was the last real mmorpg that existed when it was a lv 75 cap, and now a days its just another piss-poor single player game because they completly changed the game for casuals.
    Funny, because i remember wanting to play the game not have my eyes glued to a wiki screen while playing a game. Also unless you were a healer or tank, you were forced to wait hours to get into a party if you didn't have a good LS. "But just join a good LS" yea, easier said than done.

And people wonder why tedious as fuck games like FF11 aren't made anymore. smh.

Be the Ultimate Ninja! Play Billy Vs. SNAKEMAN today!