Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Console Launch Day Arrives Complete with New Trailer - TERA Videos - MMORPG.com

SystemSystem Member UncommonPosts: 12,599
edited April 2018 in Videos Discussion

imageConsole Launch Day Arrives Complete with New Trailer - TERA Videos - MMORPG.com

En Masse Entertainment is celebrating today's TERA console launch with a brand new trailer. PlayStation 4 and XBox One players can start their journeys as of now in what the developers call the "definitive MMO experience".

Read the full story here

Comments

• halfmystichalfmystic Member RarePosts: 535
    edited April 2018
    I wonder if they are cross play. Edit: Looked it up. Nope. Also, the content on the consoles is about a year behind what's currently on PCs. wwwwwwwwwwwwwhhhhhhhhyyyyyyyy?
  • TheocritusTheocritus Member LegendaryPosts: 9,751
    Never did play Tera...All I heard about it was great combat and absolutely nothing else.
  • RosenborgRosenborg Member UncommonPosts: 162

I wonder if they are cross play.

No, don't think so. Sony doesn't like the idea of PS4 and Xbox 1 cross-play, Epic accidentally allowed cross-play on Fortnite a while back.
    Phry
  • ScottJeslisScottJeslis Member UncommonPosts: 355

I wonder if they are cross play.

Edit: Looked it up. Nope. Also, the content on the consoles is about a year behind what's currently on PCs.

wwwwwwwwwwwwwhhhhhhhhyyyyyyyy?

They probably needed to freeze the code base at a certain point for the conversion, etc. I'm assuming the console and Windows teams might be two different teams. I've been a corporate developer 33 yrs so I'm just speaking from my experience.
    MrMelGibsonPr3sid3ntSkr00b
  • ZagatoMKRZagatoMKR Member UncommonPosts: 263
    edited April 2018
    So Vindictus isn't categorized as an MMO? Because it has "true action combat".
    Never did play Tera...All I heard about it was great combat and absolutely nothing else.
    Besides combat it's limited on fun department. You absolutely have to have someone else to play it with for the game to continue being fun. After solo grinding you just log off and never login again even with the game still being left installed.

Cheers.
  • MidPrincessMidPrincess Member UncommonPosts: 89
    I played the beta on my XB 1 for a few hours, it was well done, and I'm sure it will attract plenty of people. I used to play Tera on PC a few years ago (was a founder, actually) but I never could stick with it for long periods of time. Wonderful combat, pretty world, and I happen to love the Elin. The trouble is the end-game, which is IMO nothing but RNG 'enchanting" which I despise. I kinda sorta thought about starting back up on XB 1 but then I remembered how bored I got at 65 on PC so probably gonna leave it be. That being said, I think they did a good technical job on the console version.
    Phry
  • rojoArcueidrojoArcueid Member EpicPosts: 10,722
    edited April 2018
    F2P mmos don't require Playstation Plus to play online, why is EnMasse requiring PS+ for TERA is beyond me. They are treating it as a P2P game by forcing PS+ on people. I'll pass. My 1 year PS+ expired a couple days ago and i'm not renewing it for the time being.
    Phry

• JemAs666JemAs666 Member UncommonPosts: 252

F2P mmos don't require Playstation Plus to play online, why is EnMasse requiring PS+ for TERA is beyond me. They are treating it as a P2P game by forcing PS+ on people. I'll pass. My 1 year PS+ expired a couple days ago and i'm not renewing it for the time being.

https://forums.enmasse.com/tera/discussion/22716/tera-ps4-and-playstation-plus

This post says it does not require ps+

I don't know but there are multiple posts that it does not require and the PSN store is wrong.
    Phry
  • rojoArcueidrojoArcueid Member EpicPosts: 10,722
    edited April 2018

JemAs666 said:

https://forums.enmasse.com/tera/discussion/22716/tera-ps4-and-playstation-plus

This post says it does not require ps+

I don't know but there are multiple posts that it does not require and the PSN store is wrong.

Thank you for the clarification, i read it on the PSN store. It is the second time PSN store gets this info wrong on a F2P mmo.

• ZagatoMKRZagatoMKR Member UncommonPosts: 263

I played the beta on my XB 1 for a few hours, it was well done, and I'm sure it will attract plenty of people. I used to play Tera on PC a few years ago (was a founder, actually) but I never could stick with it for long periods of time. Wonderful combat, pretty world, and I happen to love the Elin. The trouble is the end-game, which is IMO nothing but RNG 'enchanting" which I despise. I kinda sorta thought about starting back up on XB 1 but then I remembered how bored I got at 65 on PC so probably gonna leave it be. That being said, I think they did a good technical job on the console version.

They changed gear progression system for end-game gear. They pretty much "removed" Enchantment RNG and substituted it with IoD grind. Still much better than it was before.

Cheers.