Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

EPIC GAMES TOTAL FAIL

Slapshot1188Slapshot1188 Member LegendaryPosts: 16,947
OK.. so back in 2017 I read the great feedback and bought a founders pack to Fortnite.   I thought it was OK but went downhill fast once they launched the BattleRoyale part.  Grew bored, and shelved the account for months.

Lo and behold... someone hacked the account.  Now, from what I gather there are massive quantities of hacked accounts... but anyway.  I literally saw the Email about a purchase 2 hours after it happened. 

I simply wrote a comprehensive ticket to Epic, changed my password and enabled 2-factor authentication (which was not an option when I created the account). I removed my paypal account as well.  In the ticket I also explain that the hacker linked his XBOX and Playstation accounts.  Until a few days ago there was no way to remove that link and the website directs you to open a ticket to do so...  So I also separately open a ticket to have the link to his Playstation and XBOX accounts removed.  No response so I open multiple additional tickets.   Finally after 3 weeks they respond, refund the money, but ignore the account linkage.

So I open another ticket... and another... weeks go by and no response.  Finally this week I see they changed the website to allow you to remove the link yourself.  I do so immediately.

But apparently the asshole simply has to log back into his Playstation account and it gets relinked automatically.  So for the last few hours I have played tag with the jerk.  My email box is filled with: 
EPIC GAMES- YOU HAVE ADDED A PLAYSTATION NETWORK ASSOCIATION
EPIC GAMES- YOU HAVE REMOVED A PLAYSTATION NETWORK ASSOCIATION

In today's age, how do you run a company where communication takes 3 weeks each time?  They have no customer service phone number.  They have no online chat that I am aware of.  And they take 3 weeks to respond to every Email.  Now it appears this ass will be able to use his ill gotten gains forever.

Any ideas on how I can get this guy gone for good?   He cant charge anything.. but I hate the idea that he is able to use the account as though it is his own...

All time classic  MY NEW FAVORITE POST!  (Keep laying those bricks)

"I should point out that no other company has shipped out a beta on a disc before this." - Official Mortal Online Lead Community Moderator

Proudly wearing the Harbinger badge since Dec 23, 2017. 

Coined the phrase "Role-Playing a Development Team" January 2018

"Oddly Slap is the main reason I stay in these forums." - Mystichaze April 9th 2018

GdemamiNyteWytch[Deleted User]Signexmaskedweasel

Comments

• KyleranKyleran Member LegendaryPosts: 43,435
    Well, you could log into the game and spam really offensive and toxic chat and you'll likely get reported and the account permabanned.

;)

Sorry to hear you are going through this. I concur, the lack of proper customer service is a huge issue for me these days. 

A far cry from back in the late 80s when I would call a games Devs phone line and ask for hints on how to get past a sticky puzzle in a favorite RPG.

AnOldFartScotUngood

"True friends stab you in the front." | Oscar Wilde 

"I need to finish" - Christian Wolff: The Accountant

Just trying to live long enough to play a new, released MMORPG, playing New Worlds atm

Fools find no pleasure in understanding but delight in airing their own opinions. Pvbs 18:2, NIV

Don't just play games, inhabit virtual worlds™

"This is the most intelligent, well qualified and articulate response to a post I have ever seen on these forums. It's a shame most people here won't have the attention span to read past the second line." - Anon

• ConstantineMerusConstantineMerus Member EpicPosts: 3,338
    Shit happens mate. Last week I had my ticket and ready to roll on my plane off to somewhere with cheap..nvm. Turned out, there were no seats available. After I screamed my lungs out (because I was looking for to cheap... nvm!) they decided to give me a seat only to realize, there wasn't even a flight to the place with cheap... nvm! that day. So they apologized and got me on the flight the very next day and to make up for it they also bumped my ticket to business-class when I had already paid for first-class! 
    Kyleran[Deleted User]
    Constantine, The Console Poster

• "One of the most difficult tasks men can perform, however much others may despise it, is the invention of good games and it cannot be done by men out of touch with their instinctive selves." - Carl Jung
  • TillerTiller Member LegendaryPosts: 11,125
    Gorwe
    SWG Bloodfin vet
    Elder Jedi/Elder Bounty Hunter

• SandmanjwSandmanjw Member RarePosts: 526
    I would go after his x-box and playstation accounts...copy the refund email and all his info you have( sounds like you have his account names, or some type of info)  and send to them. They may take this type of fraud more seriously than Epic has so far.

[Deleted User]
  • NyteWytchNyteWytch Member UncommonPosts: 53
    edited April 2018
    Thanks for the heads up. I've been getting messages about someone trying to get into my account but hadn't dealt with it.  Put 2 factor on mine and husband's account and removed paypals.  Hope it all gets resolved for ya.  I had this happen with GTA a few years back and it took a couple months for them to remove the turd's account links and restore everything for me...haven't trusted R* since.
  • AnOldFartAnOldFart Member RarePosts: 562
    I agree about going after his Xbox and ps accounts. 

Hope you get it sorted this suxks
  • GdemamiGdemami Member EpicPosts: 12,342
    karma...
    postlarvalSlapshot1188KyleranFlyByKnight
  • DakeruDakeru Member EpicPosts: 3,802
    Gdemami said:
    karma...
    I think your lol spamming is enough.
    We don't actually have to read your bullshit.
    postlarvalKyleranNephethMadFrenchie[Deleted User][Deleted User]YashaX
    Harbinger of Fools
  • Slapshot1188Slapshot1188 Member LegendaryPosts: 16,947
    Gdemami said:
    karma...
    If you knew ANYTHING you’d know that I vocally and strongly condem hackers (and DDOSers) consistently.  I did with Mortal Online. I did with Pathfinder Online.  I just did it with CoE.

So give it a break Capt. LoL

AnOldFartGdemamiKyleranScotDakeru[Deleted User]YashaX

"I should point out that no other company has shipped out a beta on a disc before this." - Official Mortal Online Lead Community Moderator

"Oddly Slap is the main reason I stay in these forums." - Mystichaze April 9th 2018

Gdemami said:
    karma...
    If you knew ANYTHING you’d know that I vocally and strongly condem hackers (and DDOSers) consistently.  I did with Mortal Online. I did with Pathfinder Online.  I just did it with CoE.

So give it a break Capt. LoL

You are seeking logical reasoning where there is none.
    AnOldFartScotPottedPlant22MadFrenchie[Deleted User]YashaX

Just trying to live long enough to play a new, released MMORPG, playing New Worlds atm

Fools find no pleasure in understanding but delight in airing their own opinions. Pvbs 18:2, NIV

"This is the most intelligent, well qualified and articulate response to a post I have ever seen on these forums. It's a shame most people here won't have the attention span to read past the second line." - Anon

• ScotScot Member LegendaryPosts: 22,823
    Seeing Gedmani troll Slapshot to get to some WTF's is karma with a twist of irony. :)

You don't seem to be playing the game, can't you just delete your account? Using a sledgehammer to solve the issue when you should not need to I know.
    Dakeru
  • ScorchienScorchien Member LegendaryPosts: 8,914
    I been getting emails to of being locked out of acct after so many failed logins , Been changing password , added the two step ... Fuggin hackers blow , go get a real job ..

Hope it gets worked out Slap
    Dakeru
  • RemyVorenderRemyVorender Member RarePosts: 3,991
    I just put a ticket in to have my epic account deleted. way too many hack attempts.

Joined - July 2004

• AnOldFartAnOldFart Member RarePosts: 562
    edited April 2018
    tbh I'm wouldn't be surprised if the devs only made the game to show off ue4 and didn't expect it to blow up the way it did
    Gdemami
  • PottedPlant22PottedPlant22 Member RarePosts: 800
    When nations, companies and people start to understand the internet has no borders; then maybe we will have a real understanding of how fucked we truly all are.
    Thanks for the feedback and ideas guys.

My kids have Playstation and Xbox accounts.   Wonder if I can hook THEM up after I disassociate the hacker...

Worth a shot...

When nations, companies and people start to understand the internet has no borders; then maybe we will have a real understanding of how fucked we truly all are.
    Its only the common man who may not understand. The firm I work for well understands the challenge this presents and spends untold millions dealing with it.

Gdemami

• MadFrenchieMadFrenchie Member LegendaryPosts: 8,505
    Gdemami said:
    karma...
    If karma actually existed, you'd have already had your account hacked by someone who spammed "LOL" as a post on every thread until the account was banned.

But, you're still here, which means karma does not exist.
    KyleranSlapshot1188[Deleted User][Deleted User]Quizzical

Actually... it seems I can stay logged in...  So I have been logged in for over 24 hours now which seemingly prevents the schmuck from getting on via the Playstation.

Still no response from EPIC games..  AKA.. EPIC FAIL.

AnOldFart

• MaxBaconMaxBacon Member LegendaryPosts: 7,765
    Account stealing issues such as that tend to be a priority support when tickets are filed due to their very nature to mitigate any damage and harm.

However that's not really a fail, the real fail is the system they have that allows the other user to keep linking the account back to access your account. o.o
    AnOldFart
  • CelciusCelcius Member RarePosts: 1,865
    OK.. so back in 2017 I read the great feedback and bought a founders pack to Fortnite.   I thought it was OK but went downhill fast once they launched the BattleRoyale part.  Grew bored, and shelved the account for months.

Lo and behold... someone hacked the account.  Now, from what I gather there are massive quantities of hacked accounts... but anyway.  I literally saw the Email about a purchase 2 hours after it happened. 

I simply wrote a comprehensive ticket to Epic, changed my password and enabled 2-factor authentication (which was not an option when I created the account). I removed my paypal account as well.  In the ticket I also explain that the hacker linked his XBOX and Playstation accounts.  Until a few days ago there was no way to remove that link and the website directs you to open a ticket to do so...  So I also separately open a ticket to have the link to his Playstation and XBOX accounts removed.  No response so I open multiple additional tickets.   Finally after 3 weeks they respond, refund the money, but ignore the account linkage.

So I open another ticket... and another... weeks go by and no response.  Finally this week I see they changed the website to allow you to remove the link yourself.  I do so immediately.

But apparently the asshole simply has to log back into his Playstation account and it gets relinked automatically.  So for the last few hours I have played tag with the jerk.  My email box is filled with: 
    EPIC GAMES- YOU HAVE ADDED A PLAYSTATION NETWORK ASSOCIATION
    EPIC GAMES- YOU HAVE REMOVED A PLAYSTATION NETWORK ASSOCIATION

In today's age, how do you run a company where communication takes 3 weeks each time?  They have no customer service phone number.  They have no online chat that I am aware of.  And they take 3 weeks to respond to every Email.  Now it appears this ass will be able to use his ill gotten gains forever.

Any ideas on how I can get this guy gone for good?   He cant charge anything.. but I hate the idea that he is able to use the account as though it is his own...

Sad to hear it, Epic has had security problems...to put it mildly. I had someone try to brute force my account and get me locked out of it for a couple of hours one day.  I think the best way is to delete the account to fuck the guy over personally. It does not sound like you are interested in playing the game again anyways. 
  • UngoodUngood Member LegendaryPosts: 7,517
    That level of screw up on Epic's CS end is gonna kick em in the nuts.

Anyway, umm just wondering, is there any way for you to reverse access the PS account, you know, log into their games and what have you?
    Egotism is the anesthetic that dullens the pain of stupidity, this is why when I try to beat my head against the stupidity of other people, I only hurt myself.

• ScotScot Member LegendaryPosts: 22,823
    edited April 2018
    I think the problem may be they know who he is and they decided to be "Role-Playing a Customer Service Team". ;)

Seriously, no go on just deleting? Have you got other games linked to this account or something? 

• Riotact007Riotact007 Member UncommonPosts: 246
    did they hack your Epic account or PSN account?