Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Mobile Version Rakes in $15M in Its First Month as iOS-Only Game - Fortnite - MMORPG.com

SBFordSBFord Former Associate EditorMember LegendaryPosts: 33,129
edited April 2018 in News & Features Discussion

imageMobile Version Rakes in $15M in Its First Month as iOS-Only Game - Fortnite - MMORPG.com

Fortnite News - According to Sensor Tower, Epic's Fortnite Mobile has earned $15,000,000 in its first month of release for iOS devices. Up until April 2nd, Fortnite Mobile was an invite-only game and, once lifted, revenue spiked from an average daily earning of $620,000 to $1.8M the day the invite requirement was removed.

Read the full story here

¯\_(ツ)_/¯ 

Comments

• jgDuffayjgDuffay Member UncommonPosts: 237
    i have left smartphone for a old style nokia and I'm quite happy about it. xD
    AlexanderVendiSBFordXingbairongMrMelGibsonthighhighs
  • kaz350kaz350 Member UncommonPosts: 130
    people really love playing quality games while being "mobile".

There will still be strapped to your PC desk games but mobile is going to be a big deal here in 2018 and beyond. It wont be long till they get over the stigma it has today.
    MrMelGibsonGaeluian
  • achmedeachmede Member UncommonPosts: 215
    Damn those are some high numbers.
    Im happy about Epic, its one of those rare game publishers and devs
    that care about and listen to community.
    I hope they trample over large publisher, maybe even EA one day.
  • OzmodanOzmodan Member EpicPosts: 9,726
    Yeah, tried this game on the phone and it is just a complete joke on a phone.  Must be some really bored people out there.  
    postlarval
  • bikasgaurbikasgaur Member CommonPosts: 2
    I knew Fortnite is a big thing but 1.8m USD daily revenue here we are now talking of whole another level. I assume this months estimated revenue will be about 40mil USD that only with iOS access and with availability in android performance well Epic is going to rake in a lot of profit here.

I am surprised 2.7 million USD was spent in last 7 days on Pokemon GO which was a thing of 2 years back. This really shows how big of a deal has mobile app industry has become in recent times. Now back to Epic, I really love how they show support towards its community and provides quality experience for the mobile players. Now I am really excited to see the numbers when it is released on Android as well.
  • adam_noxadam_nox Member UncommonPosts: 2,148
    What a waste of money.
    postlarvalSignex
  • TheocritusTheocritus Member LegendaryPosts: 9,751
    bikasgaur said:
    I am surprised 2.7 million USD was spent in last 7 days on Pokemon GO which was a thing of 2 years back. This really shows how big of a deal has mobile app industry has become in recent times. Now back to Epic, I really love how they show support towards its community and provides quality experience for the mobile players. Now I am really excited to see the numbers when it is released on Android as well.
    The mobile industry is scary to me....Way too many people depend on their phones for everything and gaming is headed that way too...... Now companies are looking at it as low investment high return even if its an inferior product.....Crap like Candy Crush and Pokemon Go have made millions.
    postlarvalSignex
  • SignexSignex Member UncommonPosts: 318
    I'm never going to give in mobile gaming, i'll stick with PC. I'm surprised most if not all these mobile games i've tried through android emulator support ultrawide while some AAA games don't.
    AMD Ryzen 5800X3D - Gigabyte Aorus RTX 3080 10G Master - 16GB RAM
  • FuffensteinFuffenstein Member UncommonPosts: 39

achmede said:

may i add "Battle Royal community" into this... try to have a look at the regular Fortnite reddit, and not the BR one. They're screaming for communication.
  • MadFrenchieMadFrenchie Member LegendaryPosts: 8,505

achmede said:

may i add "Battle Royal community" into this... try to have a look at the regular Fortnite reddit, and not the BR one. They're screaming for communication.
    Reality is, today, devs can sell an incomplete title on the promise of continued development, then launch another product without any real obligation to continue work on the first project.