Quantcast

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

What do you play in 2018 or still playing from 2017

2»

Comments

• turinmacleodturinmacleod Staff WriterMember UncommonPosts: 166
    A lot of Vermintide, a game I would like to be better at than I am. Slay the Spire when frustration gets the better of me.

Terry
  • btdtbtdt Member RarePosts: 523
    Wizardry said:
    Ok let me start.

I play Rift Prime but having doubts about the future of this game. So i cancled my sub. GG

I also played LOL but recently deinstalled it due to the toxic players that ruined my day and good mood.
    And eventualy also made me a toxic frankenstein monster player.

Then i play Path of exile...casual trying new builds.

I recently just bought Farcry 5 and its great because i play coop with a friend.

I also installed ESO and tryed 1 month vip sub. but heard about this combat skill issue with people cancel the animation
    when casting to cast faster.Also i got bored with only 5-6 skills cast.

What do you play now ?

If you keep playing all the games that are just popular you'll keep playing a lot of bad games.

First of all the mindset of toxic is some new  term internet people have been tossing around the last couple years,seem nerds have to come up with some tech word to insult others every year.Some times it is HATER or TROLL,they just need so vile term to insult.

The very premise of pvp is to entice anger,so why anyone would think that is an environment full of pink roses is beyond me.

So my point is it depends on your mood.Oif you want pvp,then expect a different environment,it is the sole reason aimbots and cheats exist,people get riled and want revenge.it is also exploit by developers using p2w cash shops.

If you want a more relaxing environment you play a mmorpg or a rpg.It depends on the game design,i know playing FFXI i could setup camp and rest whenever i felt like it,in Wow not so good they auto spread trash mobs everywhere just to annoy you so your options to rest are a little less.

As well devs will make TOO many mobs aggro,so if phone rings or an emergency or doorbell you can't just walk away without dying,sop game design plays a huge role in how relaxed you are playing a mmorpg.

OP just wanted to know what games YOU are playing right now.  What games are YOU actively playing.  Because if you aren't playing anything, your comments are moot.
    HyperpsycrowJean-Luc_PicardPhryConstantineMerusKyleran
  • lahnmirlahnmir Member LegendaryPosts: 3,659
    edited April 2018
    Monster Hunter World
    Rift Prime
    Project: Gorgon
    Grim Dawn

And a seperate list for Switch games:

Fe
    Owlboy
    SM Osyssey
    RE Revelations
    RE Revelations 2
    ARMS
    Azure Nights 2
    Bayonetta 1/2
    Wonder Boy

/Cheers,
    Lahnmir
    Post edited by lahnmir on
    HyperpsycrowKyleranblueturtle13
    'the only way he could nail it any better is if he used a cross.'

Kyleran on yours sincerely 

'But there are many. You can play them entirely solo, and even offline. Also, you are wrong by default.'

Ikcin in response to yours sincerely debating whether or not single-player offline MMOs exist...

'This does not apply just to ED but SC or any other game. What they will get is Rebirth/X4, likely prettier but equally underwhelming and pointless. 

It is incredibly difficult to design some meaningfull leg content that would fit a space ship game - simply because it is not a leg game.

It is just huge resource waste....'

Gdemami absolutely not being an armchair developer

• AlBQuirkyAlBQuirky Member EpicPosts: 6,234
    Lately (past couple of weeks), I've been back into Wizard101. It is a fun, slow-paced, mindless game, but I keep running into "KingsIsle crap" at almost every turn.

Otherwise, my umpteenth Skyrim playthrough (one of these times, I WILL find all of those damn stones!) is skipping along nicely.

I did get XCom 2 War of the Chosen in a recent spring sale and have started a run through that game.

On a back burner, I have my recently acquired Civilization 3 & 4 to look at.

I have been watching some Twitch streams and Far Cry 5 looks interesting, but not my cup of tea. It is fun to watch, though. Cohhcarnage is doing a "God of War" run through in anticipation of the new release later this month. He's in the middle of the first one right now. Both he and I missed that "craze" when the games first came out :)
    Hyperpsycrow

- Al

Personally the only modern MMORPG trend that annoys me is the idea that MMOs need to be designed in a way to attract people who don't actually like MMOs. Which to me makes about as much sense as someone trying to figure out a way to get vegetarians to eat at their steakhouse.
    - FARGIN_WAR

• Jean-Luc_PicardJean-Luc_Picard Member LegendaryPosts: 8,298
    edited April 2018
    Wizardry said:
    If you keep playing all the games that are just popular you'll keep playing a lot of bad games.

It's when I read that kind of crap that I regret the freedom of speech you have when face to face with someone and not on a moderated forum... I guess he also craps on popular books, popular movies, etc...

Post edited by Jean-Luc_Picard on
    blueturtle13
    "The ability to speak doesn't make you intelligent" - Qui-gon Jinn in Star Wars.
    After many years of reading Internet forums, there's no doubt that nor does the ability to write.
    CPU: Intel Core I7 9700k (4.90ghz) - GPU: ASUS Dual GeForce RTX 2070 SUPER EVO 8GB DDR6 - RAM: 32GB Kingston HyperX Predator DDR4 3000 - Motherboard: Gigabyte Z390 Aorus Ultra - PSU: Antec TruePower New 750W - Storage: Kingston KC1000 NVMe 960gb SSD and 2x1TB WD Velociraptor HDDs (Raid 0) - Main display: Samsung U32J590 32" 4K monitor - Second display: Philips 273v 27" monitor - VR: Pimax 8K headset - Sound: Sony STR-DH550 AV Receiver HDMI linked with the GPU and the TV, with Jamo S 426 HS 3 5.0 speakers and Pioneer S-21W subwoofer - OS: Windows 10 Pro 64 bits.

• KyleranKyleran Member LegendaryPosts: 36,348
    Wizardry said:

It's when I read that kind of crap that I regret the freedom of speech you have when face to face with someone and not on a moderated forum... I guess he also craps on popular books, popular movies, etc...

Could probably use a tad more moderation around these parts, especially when folks go wildly off topic .
    Hyperpsycrow

"See normal people, I'm not one of them" | G-Easy & Big Sean

"I need to finish" - Christian Wolff: The Accountant

Just trying to live long enough to play a new, released MMORPG, playing FO76 at the moment.

Fools find no pleasure in understanding, but delight in airing their own opinions. Pvbs 18:2, NIV

Don't just play games, inhabit virtual worlds™

"This is the most intelligent, well qualified and articulate response to a post I have ever seen on these forums. It's a shame most people here won't have the attention span to read past the second line." - Anon

• CryomatrixCryomatrix Member EpicPosts: 2,958
    For Me:
    Path of Exile (Hardcore only).

Once you play HC you will never go back, then again, i played d2 on HC only so it is all i know. I can't even play an ARPG without it being hardcore. 

PoE  = my old faithful
    Conan exiles = Stopped may pick it up when it launches
    Civ 5 = a few hours a month

Haven't turned on my xbox in awhile. 

May look into LiF but will probably not go for it. 
    Hyperpsycrow
    Catch me streaming at twitch.tv/cryomatrix
    You can see my sci-fi/WW2 book recommendations.