Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

CoE under serious and extended DDOS attack...

Comments

• KyleranKyleran Member LegendaryPosts: 43,498
    Any improvement on this situation? 

"True friends stab you in the front." | Oscar Wilde 

"I need to finish" - Christian Wolff: The Accountant

Just trying to live long enough to play a new, released MMORPG, playing New Worlds atm

Fools find no pleasure in understanding but delight in airing their own opinions. Pvbs 18:2, NIV

Don't just play games, inhabit virtual worlds™

"This is the most intelligent, well qualified and articulate response to a post I have ever seen on these forums. It's a shame most people here won't have the attention span to read past the second line." - Anon

• Slapshot1188Slapshot1188 Member LegendaryPosts: 16,983
    I believe you can access the site but cannot log in.  If you are already logged in you are fine.

Already talk of fundraising off it...

All time classic  MY NEW FAVORITE POST!  (Keep laying those bricks)

"I should point out that no other company has shipped out a beta on a disc before this." - Official Mortal Online Lead Community Moderator

Proudly wearing the Harbinger badge since Dec 23, 2017. 

Coined the phrase "Role-Playing a Development Team" January 2018

"Oddly Slap is the main reason I stay in these forums." - Mystichaze April 9th 2018

• NeutralEvilNeutralEvil Member UncommonPosts: 108

I just tested it out and was able to login

After signing in it took me to their main homepage that still had the "login" option, but if I selected any of their tabs to go to the Forums for instance, it does show me as logged in

• DXSinsDXSins Member UncommonPosts: 324
    So what is the problem again? Afar as i understand there is no even a small playable game atm, right? Why don't the devs take this as an opportunity to focus down on developing something to show backers once the dust has settled? Use discord/twitter/fb if they need to provide any updates.

Or is the cash shop/website that big of deal for them, are they actually actively pulling in money from them (aka like Star Citizen)? is the studio going to shutdown due to their website being offline?  

It just seems the studio should have much bigger priorities right now than maintaining their website, no?
  • SiveriaSiveria Member UncommonPosts: 1,419
    AnOldFart said:
    @Siveria its my understanding they are going to close the cashshop on launch.
    I am like you though I won't pay until it's released
    Yeah I honestly don't see that happening, as a cash shop in a game is bascally free money for the devs from people, its most likely going to stay. I don't care what they say, for now they are just saying its going to be removed to shut people up, but watch, its more than likely still going to be there at launch, maybe tweaked a bit, but it'll still be there. I don't mind if its there as long as there is no pay2win stuff like gear and such in it, cosmetics with no stats that don't drop on death, and get autobanked if your chars lifespan ends so you can use it on the next one is fine with me. But I don't wanna see anything like resources or anything of the sort on there.
    NeutralEvilKyleran

Being a pessimist is a win-win pattern of thinking. If you're a pessimist (I'll admit that I am!) you're either:

A. Proven right (if something bad happens)

or

B. Pleasantly surprised (if something good happens)

Either way, you can't lose! Try it out sometime!

• QuizzicalQuizzical Member LegendaryPosts: 25,348
    The real fix to DDOS is called prison time.  Easier said than done, however.
    Slapshot1188DleatherusMendelNeutralEvilKyleranDakeru
  • DleatherusDleatherus Member UncommonPosts: 168
    edited April 2018
    I believe you can access the site but cannot log in.  If you are already logged in you are fine.

the only comments about fundraising about the DDoS that I have seen has been from the community and not the studio

wanted to make that clear since readers not aware of that might misinterpret your words along the lines of the studio taking this as an advantage to request more more money from the community vs. some in the community showing their support and understanding and making the suggestion

big difference between the two

nonetheless the money to cover the additional expenses for countering DD0S's in the future need to be covered, and it is a crowd funded project

no doubt some will see and twist this as fools throwing their money away

others see it as recognizing the reality of the situation 
    mystichazeAnOldFart
  • Tiamat64Tiamat64 Member RarePosts: 1,545
    DDoSing a game that doesn't even have a decent estimated release or an alpha yet (and according to some, me included, will probably never come out anyways)... some trolls really need to find better things to do with their lives.
    NeutralEvilAnOldFart
  • orionblade11orionblade11 Member CommonPosts: 5
    I just don't understand the mentality of wanting to make others suffer.   It a sad part of MMO games and most of us have been impacted by it in some way.
    NeutralEvil
    I just don't understand the mentality of wanting to make others suffer.   It a sad part of MMO games and most of us have been impacted by it in some way.
    Wait, making others suffer is the mentality of the typical MMORPG PVP griefer or ganker, they are "roleplaying" or something right?
    NeutralEvil

Just trying to live long enough to play a new, released MMORPG, playing New Worlds atm

Fools find no pleasure in understanding but delight in airing their own opinions. Pvbs 18:2, NIV

"This is the most intelligent, well qualified and articulate response to a post I have ever seen on these forums. It's a shame most people here won't have the attention span to read past the second line." - Anon

edited April 2018
    Tiamat64 said:
    DDoSing a game that doesn't even have a decent estimated release or an alpha yet (and according to some, me included, will probably never come out anyways)... some trolls really need to find better things to do with their lives.
    As this studio "needs" continuing funding from its store if it ever hopes to deliver, perhaps this "is" an attempt to stop the game after all, and not just to cause pain.

(Wearing my tin foil hat today)

;)

NeutralEvil

could even be a harbinger lol
    NeutralEvil

the only comments about fundraising about the DDoS that I have seen has been from the community and not the studio

wanted to make that clear since readers not aware of that might misinterpret your words along the lines of the studio taking this as an advantage to request more more money from the community vs. some in the community showing their support and understanding and making the suggestion

big difference between the two

nonetheless the money to cover the additional expenses for countering DD0S's in the future need to be covered, and it is a crowd funded project

no doubt some will see and twist this as fools throwing their money away

others see it as recognizing the reality of the situation 
    Actually my recollection is one person in Discord mentioned it and Caspien jumped in with something along the lines of: We never thought about that but I’ll discuss with the team

He was even making suggestions on silly Store items to sell.

"I should point out that no other company has shipped out a beta on a disc before this." - Official Mortal Online Lead Community Moderator

"Oddly Slap is the main reason I stay in these forums." - Mystichaze April 9th 2018

edited April 2018

Or the number one Backer who already proved to be a troll and shocked Caspien during name selection...
    NeutralEvilDakeru

could well be - i don't watch or monitor the CoE discord that much, and tend to stick to the CoE forums

as i mentioned, it's a reality that will need to be addressed, costs funds, and atm this is a crowd funded project, so Caspian replying to a member of the community initiating the discussion isn't surprising to me

edited April 2018

Or the number one Backer who already pregnant bed to be a troll and shocked Caspien during name selection...
    i think i understand what you were saying there

could be - speculation is just that, speculation

fake/distorted/not-all-the-truth news is very prevalent these days

Edited to add:

fake news etc has always been a part human nature - it used to be called gossiping when on one level, propaganda on another, and even advertising on another level

it's just far more easily disseminated these days would be more accurate

Or the number one Backer who already pregnant bed to be a troll and shocked Caspien during name selection...
    i think i understand what you were saying there

could be - speculation is just that, speculation

fake/distorted/not-all-the-truth news is very prevalent these days
    I edited it.  Phone took proved to be and made it pregnant bed...

Whoever it is that did this should be arrested.  Doubt it will happen... but it should.
    NeutralEvilAnOldFartKyleran

• OrangeBoyOrangeBoy Member UncommonPosts: 213
    I found this funny, cause the post from Caspian made it sound like they were DDoSing because of their magnificent tribes design journals

Also, how can you not anticipate DDoSing in 2018?
  • JeffSpicoliJeffSpicoli Member EpicPosts: 2,849
    AnOldFart said:
    Get no argument from me there, I would guess it's people with a micropen*** who do things like this because they think it makes them look like a man
    I resent your bigoted hate filled judgmental accusation of those of us suffering from micropenis syndrome!!! Sorry im still fired up from the "Blizzard Toxic players and Ai Mod thread"
    NeutralEvilAnOldFartKyleran[Deleted User]
    • Aloha Mr Hand ! 

OrangeBoy said:
    I found this funny, cause the post from Caspian made it sound like they were DDoSing because of their magnificent tribes design journals

Also, how can you not anticipate DDoSing in 2018?
    As I said above.  He is naive.  
    Wait until you see the new design journal on crafting they should publish today.  All dreams about making you actually turn into a blacksmith and perform all the actions.  No connection to reality...

...but makes a nice story.
    Kyleran

• OrangeBoyOrangeBoy Member UncommonPosts: 213
    I just saw the new journal; it's not looking good
    Slapshot1188Galadourn
  • NeutralEvilNeutralEvil Member UncommonPosts: 108
    OrangeBoy said:
    I just saw the new journal; it's not looking good
    I think the new journal looks pretty good

Not sure what that has to do with a DDoS attack though
    mystichazeDleatherus
    Naw, we predict the future,  too much effort to actively try to influence it.
    [Deleted User]Slapshot1188AnOldFartDakeruGaladourn

Did they ever track down the dirtbag(s) that did this?  

Did they ever track down the dirtbag(s) that did this?  
    While there are ways to do so, but my guess  is it's neither easy or cheap. Not likely to occur in this scenario.
    DleatherusAnOldFart