Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

New player, lf class info, very confused

rubydragon5rubydragon5 Member UncommonPosts: 693
I want a class that does good DOT's (damage over time) , as I told my choices were according to a very old forums post (2014) ...

Assault Vanguard/Pyro PT
Balance Shadow/Madness Assassin
Balance Sage/Madness Sorc

I rolled a trooper, went vanguard, but  now im confused, is commando what I wanted assault spec, or vanguard pyro spec ?

Comments

• MrMelGibsonMrMelGibson Member EpicPosts: 3,033
    Pyro spec is Bounty Hunter, not trooper.
  • rubydragon5rubydragon5 Member UncommonPosts: 693
    something easy to use, since im a  very new player, so maybe passive i think, also Ranged, and I got it narrowed down to a Assault spec commando or a  Balance sage

can tell me more bout these 2 specific ones?

• ShodanasShodanas Member RarePosts: 1,933
    something easy to use, since im a  very new player, so maybe passive i think, also Ranged, and I got it narrowed down to a Assault spec commando or a  Balance sage

can tell me more bout these 2 specific ones?
    It depends on what you prefer as a play style.

Sage is a pure caster class with the lightsaber serving merely as a stat stick. It can off heal if needed. You have 2 main DoT's (sever force, weaken mind) which are easily spread to other targets with Force in Balance (also a DoT). These DoT's also provide you with some self healing. It is pretty straightforward to play and if you opt for a force character then it is very good choice for a beginner. 

Assault Commando is not a caster as all of his attacks come from that big cannon. It is definitely more complicated to play and relies on good DoT management and watching out for ability procs. Plus it struggles on movement heavy fights. 

I'd say go for the sage.  
  • Octagon7711Octagon7711 Member LegendaryPosts: 9,000
    Imperial Agent is very good.  Easy to come up with a good rotation, good story line, stealth, one of the strongest classes IMO.  Inquisitor has great AOE.

"We all do the best we can based on life experience, point of view, and our ability to believe in ourselves." - Naropa      "We don't see things as they are, we see them as we are."  SR Covey

• WarlyxWarlyx Member EpicPosts: 3,364
    edited April 2018
    my vote goes for plasmatech , is a fun class , tanky and with dots and good aoe

if u want a "warlock " go sage is your caster class