Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Crytek Filing Lawsuit Against CIG

Comments

• KefoKefo Member EpicPosts: 4,229
    Eldurian said:
    Iselin said:

Sounds to me like you're one of those people if what you took from that video is that "Crytek's entire case is crap."

That video, if you actually watched it, deals only with the narrow subsidiary issue of whether discovery should be put on hold until the court rules on CIG's motion to dismiss. How exactly does that make the entire case crap?
    I am one of those people and I freely admitted that in my last post. I've taken a single law class, albeit one more than most posters here I'm guessing. But as I said:

"I don't consider myself an authority on law any more than I would consider myself an authority on biology because I dissected a rat in high school."

However did YOU watch the video? The dude agreed with CIG that the case was likely to be dismissed. If your case is likely to be dismissed then.... your entire case is crap.

Right. I could point at you and say you likely have an extra copy of chromosome 22 but that doesn’t make me right
  • EldurianEldurian Member EpicPosts: 2,736
    edited March 2018
    Correct. And I wouldn't care what you said precisely because:

1. You didn't explain your rationale
    2. You probably do not have enough knowledge of genetics to accurately make that call.

However I do trust that guy's assessment of law over everyone on these forums because:

1. He did explain his rationale.
    2. He is qualified to comment on matters of law, particularly tech law.
    ZandogPhry
    Eldurian said:
    Correct. And I wouldn't care what you said precisely because:

1. You didn't explain your rationale
    2. You probably do not have enough knowledge of genetics to accurately make that call.

However I do trust that guy's assessment of law over everyone on these forums because:

1. He did explain his rationale.
    2. He is qualified to comment on matters of law, particularly tech law.
    And I wouldn’t care about some random lawyer on YouTube who is making wild claims while looking at a small section of what’s filed and also doesn’t have access to the big picture. I’m sure he’s getting some great donations though from the rabid fan base who are eating up his words though.

I could explain my rationale for the triple chromosome 22 but talk like that tends to get people banned and yes I do have a decent knowledge of genetics lol
    ScotchUpZandogPhry
    edited April 2018
    Ah yes the great fallback of "Anyone who disagrees with what I say is being paid to do so!" Such an intelligent argument. Perhaps you have an extra copy of chromosome 21.

He isn't making wild claims or looking a small section. He's doing a series of videos with multiple updates where he explains in detail why the case is crap. Each of these videos cover him going over other high profile cases.

And in some of those videos such as the Prager U ones, he acknowledges where each side has a good point. In the case of the Crytek vs. CIG one, he doesn't have much to acknowledge on Crytek's end because Crytek's case is pure crap.

And there are plenty of anti-fanboys like you who could throw a buck his way if that wasn't the case.
    Phry
  • HeretiqueHeretique Member RarePosts: 1,535
    33 Pages.

Opinion 1: "I'm right".
    Opinion 2: "No, I'm right".

The game should release to appease the fans.
    It should also suck really bad to appease the naysayers.
    It's only fair.

ScotBabuinix
  • BabuinixBabuinix Member EpicPosts: 4,265

Eldurian said:
    Ah yes the great fallback of "Anyone who disagrees with what I say is being paid to do so!" Such an intelligent argument. Perhaps you have an extra copy of chromosome 21.

He isn't making wild claims or looking a small section. He's doing a series of videos with multiple updates where he explains in detail why the case is crap. Each of these videos cover him going over other high profile cases.

And in some of those videos such as the Prager U ones, he acknowledges where each side has a good point. In the case of the Crytek vs. CIG one, he doesn't have much to acknowledge on Crytek's end because Crytek's case is pure crap.

And there are plenty of anti-fanboys like you who could throw a buck his way if that wasn't the case.
    You need to re read what I said because I never made the argument that because he’s saying what I don’t agree with then he must be getting paid to do so. I just said that I’m sure he’s collecting some nice donations off the rabid backers who will throw money at the project or in this case a youtuber to “spite us haters”. There’s a few on this forum so it’s not exactly a crazy idea except how you’re reaching for straws.

Keep trying though.

Phry
    Teenage Girl on Facebook: "Some people just don't appreciate how good of a woman they have until they lose her!"

Now Ex-Boyfriend: "You cheated on me..."

Teenage Girl: "I NEVER MENTIONED YOU!!!!!!!"

Kefo: "I’m sure he’s getting some great donations though from the rabid fan base who are eating up his words though."

Eldurian: "Ah yes the great fallback of 'Anyone who disagrees with what I say is being paid to do so!' "

Kefo: "You need to re read what I said because I never made the argument that because he’s saying what I don’t agree with then he must be getting paid to do so."

You're not slick. We all know what you were attempting to imply.
    ZandogAethaerynPhry
    Eldurian said:
    Teenage Girl on Facebook: "Some people just don't appreciate how good of a woman they have until they lose her!"

Now Ex-Boyfriend: "You cheated on me..."

Teenage Girl: "I NEVER MENTIONED YOU!!!!!!!"

Kefo: "I’m sure he’s getting some great donations though from the rabid fan base who are eating up his words though."

Eldurian: "Ah yes the great fallback of 'Anyone who disagrees with what I say is being paid to do so!' "

Kefo: "You need to re read what I said because I never made the argument that because he’s saying what I don’t agree with then he must be getting paid to do so."

You're not slick. We all know what you were attempting to imply.
    We do know what I was attempting to imply? Would be news to me considering I’m the one who posted it but why don’t you go on and tell me what I was really thinking when you have no idea how I think. Cause I was saying exactly what I meant. The only reason I don’t say exactly what’s on my mind all the time is because of mods. Trust me I’m about as subtle as a tornado. Whatever you think I’m implying is purely in your head.
  • ZandogZandog Member UncommonPosts: 97
    I'm implying that you have no cause to be here in the Star Citizen forum regardless of how much of a 'right' you have. That you are never willing to base your reasoning for coming here on a game you do not even like. Essentially that you choose to troll this forum for your own sociopathic and rumpus compulsions.

- Many times your facts are altered perceptions to base your arguments.
    - You are only occasionally willing to see another person's perspective if it fits your message or agenda.
    - You barely appear to be open minded or even pretend to be so as you HAVE to win each rebuttal.
    - While you tend to keep your emotions under control, you often veer from topic and comment on others resolve as 'you must be triggered' or 'I can tell this is getting to you' instead of focusing on discussion.
    - Argument resolution is not in your forethought let alone vocabulary. You have to win.
    - Above all, you respect no one's opinion or themselves unless it meets your needs.

You are what we call in the forum world, a troll. Congrats.
    PhaserlightOrinori[Deleted User]
    Every time Goonsquad/SA/DS post salt on Star Citizen, I spend more money on it. Every time a mentally disturbed former backer or Elite CMDR toxic emo comments, I spend more money on it. Every time they refuse to answer why they spend so much time arguing about a game they don't even like, I spend more money on it. Want to watch the world burn because you can't have your way? You got whats coming to you.
  • Jamar870Jamar870 Member UncommonPosts: 570
    Sounds like CIG feels that Crytek is going on fishing expedition.  Probably looking for anything no matter how vague that might be useful for their lawsuit. It will be interesting on how the court rules on CIG's motion to stay the discovery phase as it is frame by Crytek.
  • PhaserlightPhaserlight Member EpicPosts: 3,072
    Zandog said:
    I'm implying that you have no cause to be here in the Star Citizen forum regardless of how much of a 'right' you have. That you are never willing to base your reasoning for coming here on a game you do not even like. Essentially that you choose to troll this forum for your own sociopathic and rumpus compulsions.

- You are only occasionally willing to see another person's perspective if it fits your message or agenda.
    - You barely appear to be open minded or even pretend to be so as you HAVE to win each rebuttal.
    - While you tend to keep your emotions under control, you often veer from topic and comment on others resolve as 'you must be triggered' or 'I can tell this is getting to you' instead of focusing on discussion.
    - Argument resolution is not in your forethought let alone vocabulary. You have to win.
    - Above all, you respect no one's opinion or themselves unless it meets your needs.

@Kefo is one of the main reasons I still come to the Star Citizen mmorpg.com sub forum.

Well, him and @Erillion , but it would be pretty boring if it were only the latter.

Wildly frothy as the quoted post is, I just felt the need to say I find Kefo more or less hits it on the nose most of the time, and believe it or not I feel the same way about Erillion.
    IselinOrinoriErillionKefoScotchUp

"The simple is the seal of the true and beauty is the splendor of truth" -Subrahmanyan Chandrasekhar
    Authored 139 missions in Vendetta Online and 6 tracks in Distance

• IselinIselin Member LegendaryPosts: 18,719
    Zandog said:

@Kefo is one of the main reasons I still come to the Star Citizen mmorpg.com sub forum.

Well, him and @Erillion , but it would be pretty boring if it were only the latter.

Wildly frothy as the quoted post is, I just felt the need to say I find Kefo more or less hits it on the nose most of the time, and believe it or not I feel the same way about Erillion.
    It is hard not to watch the highly entertaining unfolding SC saga with all of its ups and downs. Especially if you do it safely from a distance.

Luckily this is not a private forum for just one side or the other.
    Phaserlight
    "Social media gives legions of idiots the right to speak when they once only spoke at a bar after a glass of wine, without harming the community ... but now they have the same right to speak as a Nobel Prize winner. It's the invasion of the idiots”

― Umberto Eco

“Microtransactions? In a single player role-playing game? Are you nuts?” 
    ― CD PROJEKT RED

Zandog said:

Maybe Erillion and I are one and the same but just a split personality manifesting itself as a fanboy and a hater on these forums purely for everyone’s entertainment :wink:
    PhaserlightErillionScotchUp

Zandog said:

Lol your post gave me a great laugh in an otherwise hectic day at work so I thank you for that.

If I’m a troll do you really think I’m going to care about what some random on the internet thinks of me? Hint: I don’t care.

If I’m a troll as you so desperately believe then thanks for feeding me with your post. It (allegedly) gives me great strength to see my continued presence here be such an affront to your sensibilities that you have to tell me I shouldn’t be here on a public forum posting my opinions. 

I could go into all the reasons why your list of me is wrong but that’s not what trolls do right? :wink:
    ScotchUp
  • MaxBaconMaxBacon Member LegendaryPosts: 7,766
    edited April 2018
    Kefo said:
    I could go into all the reasons why your list of me is wrong but that’s not what trolls do right? :wink:
    Well in proper terms, you are in this forum so you can bait the SC fans into a reaction so the typical discussions are generated in the forum. The terminology that goes for it... yeah.

Without the SC fans, I would very much bet you wouldn't be here (and vice-versa to some extent tbh), the appeal wouldn't be there, but once again that's what keeps Star Citizen in the frontpage so all is good!
    Phry
  • MadFrenchieMadFrenchie Member LegendaryPosts: 8,505
    MaxBacon said:
    Kefo said:
    Well in proper terms, you are in this forum so you can bait the SC fans into a reaction so the typical discussions are generated in the forum. The terminology that goes for it... yeah.

Without the SC fans, I would very much bet you wouldn't be here (and vice-versa to some extent tbh), the appeal wouldn't be there, but once again that's what keeps Star Citizen in the frontpage so all is good!
    Both sides participate.  Both sides incite.  Otherwise these threads would not survive 10+ pages.
    Phry

MaxBacon said:
    Kefo said:

Both sides participate.  Both sides incite.  Otherwise these threads would not survive 10+ pages.
    The circle of life endures lol
    MaxBacon said:
    Kefo said:

I’m not here to bait anyone most of the time. I post what I think is going on or my viewpoint just like the fans do. If it illicts a negative response that’s not my fault just like if you post something Max and it makes me respond. Unless the post in question is something that was done to specifically piss someone off lol.

I would probably still be here without the fans but I’d just be muttering to myself on these forums and that’s not as fun.
  • sgelsgel Member EpicPosts: 2,197
    Just enjoy the freedom to express different opinions.
    Stop the silly name-calling and let's just all hug the fluffy bear.
    He's giving some of us face-palming lols and others a fun game to play.

..Cake..

• VrikaVrika Member LegendaryPosts: 7,888
    Zandog said:
    I'm implying that you have no cause to be here in the Star Citizen forum regardless of how much of a 'right' you have.
    Isn't that a bit extreme view? This is a discussion about a video game, not some holy war, I don't think people are supposed to have a cause for discussing here in the first place. It's mostly done for fun or to pass some time.

edited April 2018
    Simply put, hanging around and naysaying about a game you believe will fail month after month after month is pathetic. It's not even like most these people are burnt ex-community members. A lot of them come here just to troll. It's no better than if I were to go troll the WoW or SWTOR sections for months or even years at a time.

Constructive criticism fine, but I have yet to see anything constructive from most of these anti-fanboys.
    BabuinixZandogpostlarval
  • rpmcmurphyrpmcmurphy Member EpicPosts: 3,502

Meh, forum PvP for a semi-PvP game is fine. SC + CIG get a lot of flak but a huge amount of that flak is well deserved, they only have themselves to blame for it and when you have knights in their shining armour trying to protect CIG's virginity there is bound to be arguments and lols.

Eldurian said:
    Constructive criticism fine, but I have yet to see anything constructive from most of these anti-fanboys.
    Not seen any constructive criticism from the fanboys either....
    Zandogpostlarval
  • ErillionErillion Member EpicPosts: 10,297

Then I guess you must have missed a few hundredthousand forum posts, especially in the official SC forums  .....

Have fun
    postlarvalGdemami
  • rpmcmurphyrpmcmurphy Member EpicPosts: 3,502
    Erillion said:

Then I guess you must have missed a few hundredthousand forum posts, especially in the official SC forums  .....

Have fun

Sure but it's the motives of posters on these forums that a couple of people are complaining about.
This discussion has been closed.