Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Sit Your Way Across Tyria Thanks to the Arrival of Seat of Power - Guild Wars 2 - MMORPG.com

SystemSystem Member UncommonPosts: 12,599
edited April 2018 in News & Features Discussion

imageSit Your Way Across Tyria Thanks to the Arrival of Seat of Power - Guild Wars 2 - MMORPG.com

Guild Wars 2 News - If you've been dying to sit down in Guild Wars 2, you finally can thanks to the arrival of the Seat of Power update. Over 1,400 chairs have been deployed through six cities, five home instances and even in a raid lobby so you can sit your way across Tyria. Players can even share a cozy bench for two and chat in an animated fashion while so doing.

Read the full story here

Comments

• SBFordSBFord Former Associate EditorMember LegendaryPosts: 33,129
    We checked. It's legit. :D
    Rain_Deathraven

¯\_(ツ)_/¯ 

• AeanderAeander Member LegendaryPosts: 7,839
    SBFord said:
    We checked. It's legit. :D
    The thing that makes this hilarious is that it is actually quite difficult to program chair sitting. This took a lot of work for something so incredibly minor that only a few roleplayers will actually appreciate. It's only fitting that Anet would announce this as a tongue in cheek joke. 
    Rain_Deathraven
  • TheDarkrayneTheDarkrayne Member EpicPosts: 5,297
    Wow that animation looks like dog shit.
    I don't suffer from insanity, I enjoy every minute of it.
  • luclinraiderluclinraider Member UncommonPosts: 96
    Game is in chaos in terms of PvP balance, to the point where que's are 5+ minutes because no one is playing it. But yes...lets add sitting in chairs. And lets make it HORRIBLY done, where they teleport into the air above the chair lol.
    Game is in chaos in terms of PvP balance, to the point where que's are 5+ minutes because no one is playing it. But yes...lets add sitting in chairs. And lets make it HORRIBLY done, where they teleport into the air above the chair lol.
    They literally JUST had a major PvP balance patch.
    BillMurphyRain_Deathraven
  • SaltyDog79SaltyDog79 Member UncommonPosts: 119
    and I thought this was going to be an April Fools' joke...
    Rain_Deathraven
    saltyd said:
    and I thought this was going to be an April Fools' joke...
    When Anet makes an April Fools' joke, it takes the form of actual content. Lest we forget the greatest April Fools' joke in video game history - the Super Adventure Box and its associated commercial. 
  • TillerTiller Member LegendaryPosts: 11,168

It reminds me of SWG teleport sitting. Anyways the reason they might have added it is because it was a semi-easy add, and there are shit tons of roleplayers in GW2 that will appreciate it, like actual conversational and acting roleplayers.

SWG Bloodfin vet
    Elder Jedi/Elder Bounty Hunter

• GravendGravend Member UncommonPosts: 58
    I just started pvp in guild wars 2 and the pvp ques are instant to 2 minutes max on gates of madness
  • exile01exile01 Member RarePosts: 1,089
    edited April 2018

Gravend said:

I just started pvp in guild wars 2 and the pvp ques are instant to 2 minutes max on gates of madness

because we have vacation...and its easter...(dont play fashionwars 2)
  • GravendGravend Member UncommonPosts: 58

because we have vacation...and its easter...(dont play fashionwars 2)

lol fashionwars, fitting name i suppose since the end game is more skill based and has nothing to do with gear in pvp. I am having a lot of fun with it, for how long who knows. Definitely a lot faster paced and more skill oriented than the pvp i was doing in WoW, a game which i played for years.

• clannadclannad Member UncommonPosts: 2

It's off season rn so no one is playing. Queue are much shorter during season and Ive never wait for 5 mins for a match even during Off season.
  • KyleranKyleran Member LegendaryPosts: 43,509
    I dunno, ssems like the "seat of power" should be a commode of some sort. 

B)

"True friends stab you in the front." | Oscar Wilde 

"I need to finish" - Christian Wolff: The Accountant

Just trying to live long enough to play a new, released MMORPG, playing New Worlds atm

Fools find no pleasure in understanding but delight in airing their own opinions. Pvbs 18:2, NIV

Don't just play games, inhabit virtual worlds™

"This is the most intelligent, well qualified and articulate response to a post I have ever seen on these forums. It's a shame most people here won't have the attention span to read past the second line." - Anon

• RueTheWhirlRueTheWhirl Member UncommonPosts: 33
    But did you remaster GW1 yet? Okay then, no one cares.
    winghaven1TheScavenger