Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Thrift stores are cool....

AsheramAsheram Member EpicPosts: 5,071
I just got John Woo's "Stranglehold" collectors edition for the ps3 for $2, it has the movie on the disc as well as the game. Its pretty cool, plays alot like Max Payne, all out action with slo mo and bullit time.
Plus got the 1st Assassins Creed for ps3 for $3.
Panther2103ConstantineMerus

Comments

• TillerTiller Member LegendaryPosts: 11,163
    lol

Asheram[Deleted User]Psym0n
    SWG Bloodfin vet
    Elder Jedi/Elder Bounty Hunter

• WizardryWizardry Member LegendaryPosts: 19,332
    All the power to yeah dude.I know the devs don't like you saving money but we gotta fend for ourselves.

Never forget 3 mile Island and never trust a government official or company spokesman.

• WizardryWizardry Member LegendaryPosts: 19,332
    LOL  yeah when the name plates litter the screen more than anything viewable it definitely looks amazing ...haha.Low req's to play because it is a low req game.

Never forget 3 mile Island and never trust a government official or company spokesman.

• Panther2103Panther2103 Member EpicPosts: 5,766
    Thrift stores are incredibly great for finding little deals.

I collect games and I frequent about 4 or 5 thrift stores every couple of days. I have found so many little gems (usually marked really low compared to ebay prices). Just in the past couple of weeks I got Tony Hawk 3 and 4, Metroid Prime, Luigis Mansion, Mario Galaxy 1 and 2, Kingdom Hearts 1 and 2, and a few obscure PSP games for around 20 dollars total. I love thrift stores, especially the small business ones that aren't a big chain. 
    Asheram
  • TillerTiller Member LegendaryPosts: 11,163
    Tiller said:
    lol

"I probably should have washed this, it smells like R. Kelly's sheets." Classic!

And yeah while I would love to financially support the artists and creators directly, I've been a bargain bin scavenger since I walked into my first used record store in the late 60s. When you can go into a second hand shop and come out with ten or twelve used treasures for the price of one new one, its just no contest.
    There are these stores here in the NW called Big Lots, I remember when you could find disk copies of CoV/CoH for like $6 when the game on Amazon was $30. Of course the game was dying so stores had liquidated all their copies which is why Big Lots had them. But they had shelves of older titles like original Roller Coaster Tycoon which at the time weren't in stores at all.
    SWG Bloodfin vet
    Elder Jedi/Elder Bounty Hunter

• ThevigilanteThevigilante Member CommonPosts: 6
    Hah, damn my friend  $2? You got that for a steal. I pop in my local thrift shop occasionally to see what I  can find, but they never have any games. Not even one!
  • Luetta13thLuetta13th Member CommonPosts: 7
    You never know what you can get at the thrifty.. that's if your lucky to have a thrifty that have games in it. The one in my area only has games once in a blue.