Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Really fun game

DimTheDungeonMasterDimTheDungeonMaster Member UncommonPosts: 21

I downloaded a couple days ago, and gotta say...the game is really fun.

I just saw some posts saying the matchmaking is unbalanced, people rush in and die, both of which I haven't seen? All the matches I'm in are usually pretty balanced and the matchmaking I enjoy the way it pits different classes together.

I was playing CoD:AW but I'm really enjoying WoT so much more. Great game!

Comments

• dzonesdzones Member UncommonPosts: 121

People tend to blame matchmaker (MM) for a lot it seems. I have been playing since open beta started and I can say that it has come a LONG way from that time frame. We used to have a 4 tier spread in the same battle and I am not talking about scouts. I do not see any problems with it. Sure there are games that are not EXACTLY balanced but so what? Do the best ya can and hope the team plays better than the "stats" show. If ya get clobbered big whoop, there was 5-8 minutes of your time and you are on to the next battle. We have all been on both sides of those lopsided battles so it should even out but people only remember the crap and not the "good" ones as they call it.

Amazes me also how people get so upset about how others play in this game. Wanna play a game in a game? count how many times you see "morons" and "idiots" in a night of play lol.

I am with you though OP, I really enjoy the game for all that it is and I spend about 20 bucks a month on it total. I rarely, if ever, use gold rounds to play as well. 

One of only two online games i play that has kept me playing for more than 3 years.

• Solar_ProphetSolar_Prophet Member EpicPosts: 1,960

The game itself is fun, the community sucks though. For example, one game I had my TD parked in some bushes on a hill, good sniping spot and got a couple kills. I got hit from out of nowhere, and immediately backed down into a hidden spot and looked around. After about a minute of looking, I inched forward just a bit to peer over the hill, and got hit again, destroying me. This is what appeared in team chat:

Douchebag: Fucking scrub. Bet you didn't even see that guy in near the bottom of the hill. Go play another game, idiot.

Me: Wait, you saw him? Why the fuck didn't you tell me where he was you jackass?

Douchebag: Not my problem scrub.

Me: It's a team game, idiot.

And so on and so forth. This wasn't an isolated instance either; it's a regular thing. If you can deal with that, then the game is enjoyable. Me, I'll play something with people I actually want to be around.

I wish people would just play these games for fun and stop taking them so damn seriously.

AN' DERE AIN'T NO SUCH FING AS ENUFF DAKKA, YA GROT! Enuff'z more than ya got an' less than too much an' there ain't no such fing as too much dakka. Say dere is, and me Squiggoff'z eatin' tonight!

We are born of the blood. Made men by the blood. Undone by the blood. Our eyes are yet to open. FEAR THE OLD BLOOD. 

#IStandWithVic

• cptndunselcptndunsel Member UncommonPosts: 136
    if you only started playing a few days ago you don't have enough experience nor enough battles under your belt to pass judgement. Most of us felt the same way you do when we first started.
  • d_20d_20 Member RarePosts: 1,878
    Originally posted by Solar_Prophet

The game itself is fun, the community sucks though. For example, one game I had my TD parked in some bushes on a hill, good sniping spot and got a couple kills. I got hit from out of nowhere, and immediately backed down into a hidden spot and looked around. After about a minute of looking, I inched forward just a bit to peer over the hill, and got hit again, destroying me. This is what appeared in team chat:

Douchebag: Fucking scrub. Bet you didn't even see that guy in near the bottom of the hill. Go play another game, idiot.

Me: Wait, you saw him? Why the fuck didn't you tell me where he was you jackass?

Douchebag: Not my problem scrub.

Me: It's a team game, idiot.

And so on and so forth. This wasn't an isolated instance either; it's a regular thing. If you can deal with that, then the game is enjoyable. Me, I'll play something with people I actually want to be around.

I wish people would just play these games for fun and stop taking them so damn seriously.

Similar thing in War Thunder.

I just don't even look at the chat. Usually, the trolls are so stupid, they just start calling someone an idiot without even identifying who they are talking to:

Troll: Idiot!

Or, the ever popular:

Troll: Nice ram, idiot.

Like that. It just makes me think they are talking about themselves. Just ignore and have fun. It is exceptionally rare to have any sort of team play unless you go in with your own team. Otherwise, people are just trying to get the most individual kills.

• Greep3rGreep3r Member CommonPosts: 1
    if you only started playing a few days ago you don't have enough experience nor enough battles under your belt to pass judgement. Most of us felt the same way you do when we first started.
    damn i love this one "if you dont have 3000 hours of playtime you can'voice your opinion"
    Sod off moron. He said he is enjoying this game. Thats it. 
    You might want to pull your egoistic head out of your a_ss before you come up with this argument again "big boy"
  • TheocritusTheocritus Member LegendaryPosts: 9,751
    The game is a blast until tier 5 or so...If you stay below that it will always be fun, if you go beyond that prepare to pay or you wont compete......
  • WizardryWizardry Member LegendaryPosts: 19,332
    I thought the game lacked badly for strategic combat.So i played one round then deleted it.It actually lacked everything so yeah,just a really quick game build.

Never forget 3 mile Island and never trust a government official or company spokesman.