Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Max Level Cap has incerased to 180!

SmashixSmashix Member UncommonPosts: 91
The max level cap increase went live on December 21, 2017. Players are psyched for new content, new quests, new armor tiers and more!

Comments

• LuidenLuiden Member RarePosts: 336
    180? wtf
    AllerleirauhSmashix
  • AllerleirauhAllerleirauh Member UncommonPosts: 496
    Luiden said:
    180? wtf
    Exactly, they think this is impressive, but it's not.

First of all, it discourages new players, because it takes billions of exp to go up one level when you enter the some of the higher levels. 

Second of all, AO never had enough content to justify a level cap that high.
    Smashix
    Currently Playing: Path of Exile

"I have found a desire within myself that no experience in this world can satisfy; the most probable explanation is that I was made for another world." ~ C. S. Lewis
  • SmashixSmashix Member UncommonPosts: 91
    Allerleirauh: those points can be applied to most MMOs. I think it mostly comes down to whether you enjoy the play style any game offers or not. There are games people pay for with huge numbers of players that I wouldn't play even for free.

I did quit AO a few times back when the max level was like 110 or 120 because after 104 or so there wasn't much to do.  That's no longer the case, there are a lot of things to do, at every level.
  • yucklawyersyucklawyers Member UncommonPosts: 240
    Getting to cap in Atlantica means something. It's no small thing in the Atlantica world. It's a lot easier than it used to be, but it's still a heck of a journey.

I get some want to jump straight into cap in these games,  aka child mode, but Atlantica isn't that game. It's old school.

The point about no content is fair tho, Nexon/Valofe have been phoning the game in and milkng it for a decade. Absolutely crud companies.

Wish they'd just sell the thing on to a decent independent or something.
    Smashix
  • SmashixSmashix Member UncommonPosts: 91
    Getting to cap in Atlantica means something. It's no small thing in the Atlantica world. It's a lot easier than it used to be, but it's still a heck of a journey.

I get some want to jump straight into cap in these games,  aka child mode, but Atlantica isn't that game. It's old school.

The point about no content is fair tho, Nexon/Valofe have been phoning the game in and milkng it for a decade. Absolutely crud companies.

Wish they'd just sell the thing on to a decent independent or something.
    VALOFE has been doing a better job of adding content and listening to player suggestions.