Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Backer uploads some YouTube videos giving a history leading up to SC with hopefully more on the way

Comments

• IselinIselin Member LegendaryPosts: 18,719
    Thanks for the link. Watched the first 3 and subbed to his channel. Looks good.
    "Social media gives legions of idiots the right to speak when they once only spoke at a bar after a glass of wine, without harming the community ... but now they have the same right to speak as a Nobel Prize winner. It's the invasion of the idiots”

― Umberto Eco

“Microtransactions? In a single player role-playing game? Are you nuts?” 
    ― CD PROJEKT RED

• KefoKefo Member EpicPosts: 4,229
    Iselin said:
    Thanks for the link. Watched the first 3 and subbed to his channel. Looks good.
    Welcome
  • BalmongBalmong Member UncommonPosts: 170
    This screams Goon production.
    IselinZandogEponyxDamor
  • KefoKefo Member EpicPosts: 4,229
    Might as well add these videos about Star Citizen as well. Different channel so not the same person.

Part 1

Part 2

Part 3

• OrinoriOrinori Member RarePosts: 751
    edited April 2018
    Kefo said:
    Might as well add these videos about Star Citizen as well. Different channel so not the same person.

Part 1

Part 2

Part 3

Part 1

Opener "Star citizen has flown under the radar quite a bit since it's inception"

I giggled but onward we go!

"Freelancer was just wing commander with a different coat of paint and name change"....o.OK!

Talks about what they promised and planned for the game and how much they raised

Part 2

Talks about 2013 release date, multiple times.

Suggests Chris Roberts is space Hitler, next all about Derek...........snore how long

Part 3

He mentions part 2 was about Star Citizen going south, must have missed where he showed how. Tying to suggest that SQ42 being an independent game from Star Citizen was a big thing that no one knew about.

Star citizen took a battering in 2016 apparently, it wasn't discussed how this occurred, would love to know.

Community getting ever angrier....apparently >.>

2017 even a worse year for Star Citizen than 2016! it isn't really shown why, I think he means just because crytek filed a law suit. lol.

oh and somehow CIG forced backers to spend more money beyond original investment. It isn't clear how they did this beyond offering lots of things for sale, but yeah apparently it's a thing.

lastly apparently the team have NOTHING to really show for all funds to date except half finished early access, worst micro transactions in gaming history and law suits.

My Review of his Star Citizen thesis.

Overall I would have to say I enjoyed these videos, the back drop of in game video footage was sublime. The mumbling and grumbling and obvious anti Star Citizen bias we can expect from a video kefo is trying to promote didn't really detract TOO much from it. 5/10 
    Eldurian
  • WizardryWizardry Member LegendaryPosts: 19,332
    I watched the first one but really i already know all the stuff he is talking about,so it's just reiteration.
    Overlying story,MOST of these so called "legends" or producers,leads have proven they are incompetent and incapable of delivering what they claim for anywhere near the cost they claim.So basically they are crap at their job.

Chris Robert's has been a failure and has gone over budget if memory serves me EVERY single time and even admitted himself that game design needs a huge backer or is near impossible.

So there are two parts,two results to why and where SC is at this point.
    1 Still incompetent,still cannot budget properly and still cannot deliver on time.
    2 There is no need to put all resources into completing current past sections and leave out any recent or future because the spenders keep spending and the cash shop keeps getting bigger to accommodate spenders.

To me this game having raised the most money has not done a single thing to prove KS'r was or is or ever will be a good idea,it is simply proving their are a lot of stupid people out there willing to throw money around carelessly.

Kyleranklash2def

Never forget 3 mile Island and never trust a government official or company spokesman.

• RoyalkinRoyalkin Member UncommonPosts: 267
    In regards to Cliqist's videos, the first two were mostly accurate, however the third is completely off the rails, moving from facts to a clearly negatively biased opinion.

Not to say that there is anything wrong with an opinion, however labeling the videos as "History" is disingenuous at best, and flat out lying at worst.

The third video is full of misinformation, cherry-picking, obfuscation (lying by omission), and intellectual dishonesty.
    Erillion
  • PhaserlightPhaserlight Member EpicPosts: 3,071
    The Cliquist series was done by an outsider, "Sunk Cost Galaxy" by a veteran.  Watch part 4, the space Tetris is amazing:

I was there in 2013 when the rain began. 

"The simple is the seal of the true and beauty is the splendor of truth" -Subrahmanyan Chandrasekhar
    Authored 139 missions in Vendetta Online and 6 tracks in Distance