Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Sea of Thieves Outselling on Xbox Digital Store

MikehaMikeha Member EpicPosts: 8,953

The MS store has updates every Saturday the top paid list which is the best selling games for the past week. In the US and in the UK (Xbox biggest markets) Sea of Thieves has outsold Far Cry 5 this past week.

US Store https://www.microsoft.com/en-us/store/top-paid/games/xbox?icid=CNavXboxGamesDownload

1. Sea of Thieves

2. A Way Out

3. PUBG

4. Far Cry 5

5. Fortnite

UK Store https://www.microsoft.com/en-gb/store/top-paid/games/xbox

1. A Way Out

2. PUBG

3. Sea of Thieves

4. Fortnite

5. Titanfall 2(on sale for $6)

6. Far Cry 5

Pretty Impressive that SoT is outselling a big AAA that just released. 

Comments

  • MikehaMikeha Member EpicPosts: 8,953

    Games Pass isn’t cannibalizing traditional sales, as Sea of Thieves is proving


    Despite what might have been expected, Micrsoft's Games Pass isn't stealing away business from traditional games sales. Or at least Sea of Thieves is proving to be a strange first anomaly. 

    https://www.criticalhit.net/gaming/games-pass-isnt-cannibalizing-traditional-sales-sea-thieves-proving/


  • AsheramAsheram Member EpicPosts: 3,877
    Interesting. A friend of mine from work traded in his xbox copy of Sea of Thieves for Far Cry 5 4 days after buying SoT.
  • PhryPhry Member LegendaryPosts: 11,004
    Wasn't Sea of Thieves removed from Game Pass for Xbox?
  • MikehaMikeha Member EpicPosts: 8,953
    Phry said:
    Wasn't Sea of Thieves removed from Game Pass for Xbox?



    No it was not. After Rare updated Sea Of Thieves to a new client some people had issues launching the game through Game Pass but Rare fixed it pretty fast. 
  • VrikaVrika Member EpicPosts: 5,860
    Mikeha said:

    Pretty Impressive that SoT is outselling a big AAA that just released. 

    It's not outselling. Microsoft is counting different game packages as different products so that Far Cry 5 has spots 4, 10 and 20 on that list. The package "Sea of Thieves Free with Game Pass" has more activations than any of Far Cry 5's packages.

    Additionally if you look at the PC category, and the link to Sea of Thieves package from there, it's same package for both PC and XBox. So what we know is that no Far Cry 5 package for XBox managed to outsell total Sea of Thieves sales for both XBox and PC.
     
  • MikehaMikeha Member EpicPosts: 8,953
    Vrika said:
    Mikeha said:

    Pretty Impressive that SoT is outselling a big AAA that just released. 

    It's not outselling. Microsoft is counting different game packages as different products so that Far Cry 5 has spots 4, 10 and 20 on that list. The package "Sea of Thieves Free with Game Pass" has more activations than any of Far Cry 5's packages.

    Additionally if you look at the PC category, and the link to Sea of Thieves package from there, it's same package for both PC and XBox. So what we know is that no Far Cry 5 package for XBox managed to outsell total Sea of Thieves sales for both XBox and PC.


    Taken directly from VGChatz.com that tracks game sells. 

    Go tell them they are wrong. B) 


    http://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/thread.php?id=235480&page=1#17
  • XiaokiXiaoki Member RarePosts: 3,291
    Mikeha said:
    Vrika said:
    Mikeha said:

    Pretty Impressive that SoT is outselling a big AAA that just released. 

    It's not outselling. Microsoft is counting different game packages as different products so that Far Cry 5 has spots 4, 10 and 20 on that list. The package "Sea of Thieves Free with Game Pass" has more activations than any of Far Cry 5's packages.

    Additionally if you look at the PC category, and the link to Sea of Thieves package from there, it's same package for both PC and XBox. So what we know is that no Far Cry 5 package for XBox managed to outsell total Sea of Thieves sales for both XBox and PC.


    Taken directly from VGChatz.com that tracks game sells. 

    Go tell them they are wrong. B) 


    http://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/thread.php?id=235480&page=1#17
    LOL

    Havent seen someone link to VGCHartz in a long time.

    People still think they're made up numbers are worth anything?
  • MikehaMikeha Member EpicPosts: 8,953
    Xiaoki said:
    Mikeha said:
    Vrika said:
    Mikeha said:

    Pretty Impressive that SoT is outselling a big AAA that just released. 

    It's not outselling. Microsoft is counting different game packages as different products so that Far Cry 5 has spots 4, 10 and 20 on that list. The package "Sea of Thieves Free with Game Pass" has more activations than any of Far Cry 5's packages.

    Additionally if you look at the PC category, and the link to Sea of Thieves package from there, it's same package for both PC and XBox. So what we know is that no Far Cry 5 package for XBox managed to outsell total Sea of Thieves sales for both XBox and PC.


    Taken directly from VGChatz.com that tracks game sells. 

    Go tell them they are wrong. B) 


    http://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/thread.php?id=235480&page=1#17
    LOL

    Havent seen someone link to VGCHartz in a long time.

    People still think they're made up numbers are worth anything?


    Prove them wrong. :o
  • VrikaVrika Member EpicPosts: 5,860
    Mikeha said:
    Xiaoki said:
    Mikeha said:
    Vrika said:
    Mikeha said:

    Pretty Impressive that SoT is outselling a big AAA that just released. 

    It's not outselling. Microsoft is counting different game packages as different products so that Far Cry 5 has spots 4, 10 and 20 on that list. The package "Sea of Thieves Free with Game Pass" has more activations than any of Far Cry 5's packages.

    Additionally if you look at the PC category, and the link to Sea of Thieves package from there, it's same package for both PC and XBox. So what we know is that no Far Cry 5 package for XBox managed to outsell total Sea of Thieves sales for both XBox and PC.


    Taken directly from VGChatz.com that tracks game sells. 

    Go tell them they are wrong. B) 


    http://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/thread.php?id=235480&page=1#17
    LOL

    Havent seen someone link to VGCHartz in a long time.

    People still think they're made up numbers are worth anything?


    Prove them wrong. :o
    No. Getting your average internet user to admit that they're wrong is impossible.

    I'm content with posting the reasons why they're wrong here for others to read so that others might know they're wrong, even if the person who is wrong almost never realizes that he's wrong himself.
     
  • MikehaMikeha Member EpicPosts: 8,953
    edited April 2018
    Ikeda said:



    If you would read your own links you would see where they discuss that VGChartz gets their numbers from Official NDA reports.  

    Also that has nothing to do what I posted in the OP. It clearly has a link directy to the Microsoft Store. 

    So quick to debate something that you don't even know about. B) 



  • IkedaIkeda Member RarePosts: 2,746
    No, you're quick to read.  What those articles say is that AFTER VGChartz is wrong, they later go back to edit their data.  That's important information.   But since you want to be resolved to your "beliefs", feel free.  Just telling you that we've been having these discussions for LITERAL decades now.  No one on here is going to be swayed using information from VGChartz.
    Mikeha
  • MikehaMikeha Member EpicPosts: 8,953
    edited April 2018
    Ikeda said:
    No, you're quick to read.  What those articles say is that AFTER VGChartz is wrong, they later go back to edit their data.  That's important information.   But since you want to be resolved to your "beliefs", feel free.  Just telling you that we've been having these discussions for LITERAL decades now.  No one on here is going to be swayed using information from VGChartz.


    You still are not getting it. 


    The OP says that Sea Of Thieves is the #1 game on the Microsoft store with a link from the Microsoft strore. This is from Microsoft them selves. 


    Now which link is proving that wrong? B)
  • WizardryWizardry Member LegendaryPosts: 16,557
    If i am not mistaken,isn't Microsoft the publisher of this game?That would be a conflict of interest to publish false or misleading numbers.It is soo easy to post misleading numbers and still claim to be telling the truth.
    I cannot believe that after the first couple days showing how little this game offers that anyone would buy it,even worse at it's ridiculous price.However there is one small detail i have learned over the last several years,there are megaton of gamer's that are very  hmm how you say,shallow gamer's that just like games that are simple,not too much thinking,easy to play and still chat if a streamer etc etc,you get my point.

    Never forget 3 mile Island and never trust a government official or company spokesman.

Sign In or Register to comment.