Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Production Update Details Inventory Management - Chronicles of Elyria - MMORPG.com

SBFordSBFord Former Associate EditorMember LegendaryPosts: 33,129
edited March 2018 in News & Features Discussion

imageProduction Update Details Inventory Management - Chronicles of Elyria - MMORPG.com

Chronicles of Elyria News - The Chronicles of Elyria site has been updated with a new production update blog post that goes into a great deal of detail about the inventory management system. Much of the team's time is centered on this feature now that the first iteration of character creation system is well underway. "The bulk of the work is all about presentation, by which I mean UI/UX." the post reads before launching into a lengthy description of the various mechanics involved in inventory management.

Read the full story here

¯\_(ツ)_/¯ 

Comments

• zno3zno3 Member UncommonPosts: 10
    I like the inventory management considering most of rpg items are popped into existence, i know some fantasy but a mountain of iron ore in your bag seems too much :D
  • DvoraDvora Member UncommonPosts: 499
    Really hope they can pull all this off, and soon!
  • KyleranKyleran Member LegendaryPosts: 43,505
    Blog was an interesting read, they certainly have put a lot of thought into this.

Might be a little too much realism for me, but the fans seem well pleased.

"True friends stab you in the front." | Oscar Wilde 

"I need to finish" - Christian Wolff: The Accountant

Just trying to live long enough to play a new, released MMORPG, playing New Worlds atm

Fools find no pleasure in understanding but delight in airing their own opinions. Pvbs 18:2, NIV

Don't just play games, inhabit virtual worlds™

"This is the most intelligent, well qualified and articulate response to a post I have ever seen on these forums. It's a shame most people here won't have the attention span to read past the second line." - Anon

• AnOldFartAnOldFart Member RarePosts: 562
    Kyleran said:
    Blog was an interesting read, they certainly have put a lot of thought into this.

But realism might make a refreshing change
    SovrathSlapshot1188Ozmodan
  • Slapshot1188Slapshot1188 Member LegendaryPosts: 16,985
    AnOldFart said:
    Kyleran said:

But realism might make a refreshing change
    I totally agree.  If they start getting realistic in setting their goals we might actually see this game before 2025!

MendelAnOldFartSwamiOnTheMountain

All time classic  MY NEW FAVORITE POST!  (Keep laying those bricks)

"I should point out that no other company has shipped out a beta on a disc before this." - Official Mortal Online Lead Community Moderator

Proudly wearing the Harbinger badge since Dec 23, 2017. 

Coined the phrase "Role-Playing a Development Team" January 2018

"Oddly Slap is the main reason I stay in these forums." - Mystichaze April 9th 2018

• kitaradkitarad Member LegendaryPosts: 7,919
    The word 'purse' makes me imagine a clutch purse under my arm. Very little space.

• sk8chalifsk8chalif Member UncommonPosts: 666
    But i really wanted to put my horse in my bag :(
    Kyleran

~The only opinion that matters is your own.Everything else is just advice,~

• VrikaVrika Member LegendaryPosts: 7,888
    sk8chalif said:
    But i really wanted to put my horse in my bag :(
    Obviously you'll need a realistically sized bag for that.

The result might not be very portable.
    Ashikuro

• FusionFusion Member UncommonPosts: 1,398
    I can already hear the cries of crafters and gatherers having to lug into town / bank / house after every few harvesting node / craft.
    http://neocron-game.com/ - now totally F2P no cash-shops or micro transactions at all.
    Fusion said:
    I can already hear the cries of crafters and gatherers having to lug into town / bank / house after every few harvesting node / craft.
    Er wagon...
    Packmule...
    SwamiOnTheMountain
    AnOldFart said:
    Fusion said:
    Er wagon...
    Packmule...
    Conveniently available in the cash shop if you act now!!!
    Get em soon, because before you know it they will be gone from the shop!

"I should point out that no other company has shipped out a beta on a disc before this." - Official Mortal Online Lead Community Moderator

"Oddly Slap is the main reason I stay in these forums." - Mystichaze April 9th 2018

• KyleranKyleran Member LegendaryPosts: 43,505
    AnOldFart said:
    Fusion said:
    Er wagon...
    Packmule...
    Nothing says "gank me" like a full, slowly moving wagon.

;)
    Slapshot1188obiiOctagon7711AnOldFart

"True friends stab you in the front." | Oscar Wilde 

"I need to finish" - Christian Wolff: The Accountant

Just trying to live long enough to play a new, released MMORPG, playing New Worlds atm

Fools find no pleasure in understanding but delight in airing their own opinions. Pvbs 18:2, NIV

Don't just play games, inhabit virtual worlds™

"This is the most intelligent, well qualified and articulate response to a post I have ever seen on these forums. It's a shame most people here won't have the attention span to read past the second line." - Anon

Kyleran said:
    AnOldFart said:
    Fusion said:
    Er wagon...
    Packmule...

;)
    Wonder if we can steal the wagon.  Don't see why we wouldn't be able to...

KyleranAnOldFart

• Octagon7711Octagon7711 Member LegendaryPosts: 9,000
    I hate small realistic inventory systems.

"We all do the best we can based on life experience, point of view, and our ability to believe in ourselves." - Naropa      "We don't see things as they are, we see them as we are."  SR Covey

AnOldFart said:
    Fusion said:
    Er wagon...
    Packmule...
    Conveniently available in the cash shop if you act now!!!
    Get em soon, because before you know it they will be gone from the shop!

Also available post game by crafting.

Kyleran said:
    AnOldFart said:
    Fusion said:
    Er wagon...
    Packmule...

;)
    Indeed so gatherers bring some friends before I get you lol
  • OzmodanOzmodan Member EpicPosts: 9,726
    The entire problem with this development team is they continue to get lost in the detail.   I expect they will continue to do that until the money gets really tight and then dump a half-finished game out there for people to play.  The chances of a fun game coming out of this process are nil.
    Slapshot1188