Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Patch 3.1 Released for all backers

BabuinixBabuinix Member EpicPosts: 4,265
edited March 2018 in Star Citizen

Alpha Patch 3.1.0 has been released and is now available!  https://robertsspaceindustries.com/spectrum/community/SC/forum/4/thread/star-citizen-alpha-3-1-0-live-738964-patch-notes

New Features

General

• Added a logout timer when logging out in range of other players.
  • Implemented the Character Customizer.

- Players will be required to create a character when attempting to access the "Universe" menu.

- Available to customize: Head, eye color, hairstyle, hair color, and skin tone.

- Once selections are made, players can "accept" or "revert" back to default.

- After a custom character is created, that character will be used for all game modes.

- Character's can be changed after being accepted via the "Character Customization" tab on the "Universe" menu.

Universe

• Safe/persistent logout locations: Major stations (Levski, GrimHex, Port Olisar). Note: These logout locations should persist between sessions.
  • Added the ability to earn virtue reputation for killing NPC pirates.
  • AI pilots interdicting players can now carry interdiction dampening devices.  Those ships must be destroyed before the player can QT away.
  • Implemented service beacons.

Ships and Vehicles

• Added: Tumbril Cyclone.
  • Added: Aegis Reclaimer.
  • Added: Anvil Terrapin.
  • Added: MISC Razor.
  • Added: Nox Kue.
  • Added: PRAR Distortion Scattergun including size 4(Salvation), size 5(Absolution), size 6(Condemnation).
  • Added: APAR Ballistic Scattergun including size 1(Havoc), size 2 (Hellion), and size 3 (Predator).
  • Added: KBAR 10-Series Greatsword (size 2).
  • Added: Omnisky IX Laser Cannon.
  • Added: GATS Yellowjacket Ballistic Gatling (size 1).
  • Added: CF-557 Galdereen Repeater (size 5).

UI

• Added visual change to better indicate when the player is in "focus mode" of interaction mode.
  • Replaced old combat markers with new 3D markers including target brackets, hit indication, and missile locks.
  • Added outline and further polish to target/self visor screens including additional hit effects for shields and hull areas.
  • Added an additional MFD screen to customize the view angles of the target/self visor screens.

Star Marine

• Added: KSAR Custodian.
  • Added: Gemini R97 Shotgun.

Feature Updates

General

• Removed the port modification system from all vehicles.
  • There is now an interaction trigger to exit a usable (seat, stool, ect.).
  • Reduced the sideways sway of the camera during breathing.
  • Minor adjustments to options menu text to increase readability.
  • AI pilot behavior has been moved to subsumption with updates to accuracy, flight, and engagement.
  • Updated loading screens.

Universe

• Expanded the interactable seating in GrimHex.
  • Increased the brightness of the interaction highlight on GrimHex's elevator buttons.
  • Lock on interactions during quantum travel to prevent passengers from climbing out mid-travel.
  • Improved GrimHex audio ambience.
  • Expanded seating usables and updated some interaction points in Port Olisar.
  • Lowered the virtue cost for ramming and removed the virtue pentalyt for illegal parking.
  • Updated lighting within Levski hangars.
  • Updated the various shopkeepers with additional performance capture and dialogue.
  • Updated surface textures and topography of Crusader's moons.
  • Expanded the "00" landing pad at Port Olisar to accommodate the Reclaimer.
  • Additional environmental missions added.
  • AI pilots may be feeling a bit chatty.
  • Updates to helmet lighting.

Missions

• Polish to admin NPC animations.
  • When first opening the MobiGlas the contract maanger should now display the first mission.
  • When accepting a mission, the MobiGlas contract manager automatically displays that missions objectives.
  • Updated missions with additional dialogue.
  • Reduced the virtue penalty for criminal missions and added virtue reward for killing criminal players.
  • Expanded environmental missions.

FPS

• Improved the planetside audio effects for all first person weapons.
  • Removed UI shake from weapon recoil animations.

UI

• Updated visual set-up of the MobiGlas.
  • Various menu and MobiGlas audio fixes and improvements.
  • Updates and polish to visor displays including the addition of IR/EM signature.
  • Reworked the VMA and PMA along with Star marine and Arena Commander loadout managers.
  • The VMA should now function while in the hangar.
  • VMA and PMA now use RTT.
  • Improved character lighting, color, and brightness for the PMA.

Ships and Vehicles

• Updated glass shader on MFDs for the following ships: Vanguard, Cutlass, Prospector, 85x, Hornet F7C, Nox, Dragonfly, 300 series, M50, Prospector, Gladius, Freelancer, Starfarer.
  • Increased the power draw of the EMP when charging, increased the cooldown after use, lowered distortion damage.
  • Added new distortion values to all ship items capable of taking that kind of damage.
  • Increased the self-destruct timer length on ships that require multiple interactions to exit.
  • Increased the EM and IR signatures on countermeasures altered ship countermeasure sizes and loadouts to better reflect their relative signatures.
  • Reduces shield health, updates shields to operate as independent faces for regen, increased setback, lower regen and regen acceleration.
  • Adjusted countermeasure signal decay to reduce the need to spam CMs to divert missiles.
  • 300 series: Increased the hardpoint size of all gun mounts: 325A: Nose S4, wing S3. Other 300 series except the 350r: All mounts S3.  Updated fuel usage and retuned atmospheric flight.
  • Updates to Glaive and 325a health.
  • Decreased the spread on the Sawbuck repeaters.
  • Ships now have variable radar ranges based on size and role.
  • Adjusted the effects of ESP.
  • Reorganized the default MFD screen layout on the Reliant.
  • Updates and polish to ship destruction VFX.
  • Art rework of the Omnisky series of laser cannons.

Arena Commander

• Removed ejection ability from multiplayer modes.
  • Allowed the Prospector to be selected in race modes.
  • Players will now periodically gain lives during swarm modes.
  • Removed the interaction nodes for open/close exterior and lock/unlock ship in competitive multiplayer.
  • Reduced the health of Vanduul scavengers.
  • The Scorpion Gatling is can now be mounted on any size compatable hardpoint.
  • Increased ammo box round counts.
  • Rebalancing ammo drops around increased ammo box counts.
  • Vanduul swarm now has 9 waves and has had waves reworked.
Post edited by Babuinix on
ErillionOrinori

Comments

• ErillionErillion Member EpicPosts: 10,297
    edited March 2018
    YES !

Tumbril races through the canyons ... with canyon jumping for those with balls of steel ;-)

Have fun

PS: Delta Patcher FTW ;-)
  • rpmcmurphyrpmcmurphy Member EpicPosts: 3,502
    edited March 2018
    Wheels of steel would be more useful considering how easily the Tumbril's wheels fall off :)

Good to see they've got it out to live.
    Wheels of steel would be more useful considering how easily the Tumbril's wheels fall off :)

When you misjump and fall down a 100 m deep canyon, the wheels better fall off on impact ;-)

Months ago we dropped Ursus rovers from orbit ... one survived intact back then   ;-)

Have fun
  • KefoKefo Member EpicPosts: 4,229
    Erillion said:

Months ago we dropped Ursus rovers from orbit ... one survived intact back then   ;-)

Have fun
    Did it bounce?
  • BabuinixBabuinix Member EpicPosts: 4,265
    Kefo said:
    Erillion said:

Have fun
    Did it bounce?
    A bit

• MaxBaconMaxBacon Member LegendaryPosts: 7,766
    Well they wanted to keep to the schedule and so they did.

I'm using the new service beacons as Space Uber :)
    Erillion
    edited April 2018
    3.1 under 3 minutes:
    Post edited by Babuinix on
    Erillion said:

When you misjump and fall down a 100 m deep canyon, the wheels better fall off on impact ;-)

Have fun

I was thinking of the demo and the wheels rolling down the hill but I had also seen this

Really hope they make the wheels more durable and less prone to falling off with no warning. One person had their back wheel pop off simply going up the hill at Shubin lol. From my testing it almost seems random since I've had some wheels last pretty well while plowing through heavy rock 4x4ing and other ones fall off purely from driving too much while hitting no rocks which seems strange.

https://www.reddit.com/r/starcitizen/comments/88cl2w/wore_out_the_cyclone_tires_in_less_than_6_km/?st=jfgcmgtz&sh=f2464800

Sounds like you'd have trouble even making it to the canyon :)

>> Sounds like you'd have trouble even making it to the canyon <<<

Not anymore. 

Have fun
    rpmcmurphy
  • SomethingUnusualSomethingUnusual Member UncommonPosts: 546
    Is server stability better? Haven't logged on in a bit.
  • RhygarthRhygarth Member UncommonPosts: 259
    I backed this game (the basic package) but i am unable to see why i would bother to play it, lots and lots of fluff with some space combat that tbh gets boring real fast.
    ScotchUpViper482
    Erillion said:

Not anymore.
    Why not anymore? That reddit post was made just yesterday so perhaps it would be useful to state what has changed since then...

It's crashing quite a lot, really quite unstable tbh, the framerate has increased but so has stuttering (due to trying to load in assets faster).
    SomethingUnusual
    Erillion said:

Not anymore.
    Why not anymore? That reddit post was made just yesterday so perhaps it would be useful to state what has changed since then...

It's crashing quite a lot, really quite unstable tbh, the framerate has increased but so has stuttering (due to trying to load in assets faster).
    I am not sure what this guy did but in our testing that never happened. And we travelled long distances.

And we did a lot of things to these cars ;-)  Crash car derbies FTW.

Game crashes very rarely for me. But crashes do happen. Having a lot of RAM and an SSD seems to help in my experience. That also makes asset loading much smoother.

Have fun

Kyleran
    Rhygarth said:
    I backed this game (the basic package) but i am unable to see why i would bother to play it, lots and lots of fluff with some space combat that tbh gets boring real fast.
    You may want to give it to a friend. Maybe (s)he likes it.

Have fun

edited April 2018
  • Viper482Viper482 Member LegendaryPosts: 4,064
    But can I buy more ships with real money?
    Babuinix
    Make MMORPG's Great Again!
  • KefoKefo Member EpicPosts: 4,229
    Viper482 said:
    Of course you can! In fact you can buy the same ship with a different color tint to it for some holiday! Don’t forget that these are limited editions* and they will sell out fast**!

* ships are only limited editions for as long as we deem necessary. Which is usually until it’s been long enough that we can sell it again with the excuse that we want to offer it to those who missed it the first time.

**ships do not actually sell out as they are a digital resource but we like to make people think there is a limited quantity to pressure them into buying now!
    Rhygarth
  • TheocritusTheocritus Member LegendaryPosts: 9,751
    This game will never launch...its way too profittable now to even consider it.
    KyleranScotchUp
  • sgelsgel Member EpicPosts: 2,197
    Groundbreaking money-making space technology.

..Cake..

Viper482 said:
    If you wish so, yes.

Rhygarth
    Buying the ship or at least rent it, should be in the scope of 3.2, will have to get clarification on that.

Either way it will have to be heavily balanced to be way cheaper until there is more content and especially "higher tier" more rewarding content so cost can cope with earnings.
  • EldurianEldurian Member EpicPosts: 2,736
    @Babuinix - Does the trade work like Freelancer where the prices are constant and unmovable or is there any kind of supply and demand system? If not can we expect variable prices to be implemented at some point?

I ask because I know in Freelancer I ended up eventually just figuring out which run gave the best profit-per-minute and running that run unless the piracy got too thick on that route. Would be nice to see the "best" run change a bit from day to day.
    edited April 2018
    Eldurian said:
    @Babuinix - Does the trade work like Freelancer where the prices are constant and unmovable or is there any kind of supply and demand system? If not can we expect variable prices to be implemented at some point?

I ask because I know in Freelancer I ended up eventually just figuring out which run gave the best profit-per-minute and running that run unless the piracy got too thick on that route. Would be nice to see the "best" run change a bit from day to day.
    Hmm, I think it does but I'm not sure if it is dynamic or they manually are changing it on new patches.

But it has been said many times the economy is meant to fluctuate depending on supply/demand and other events, so that effect you talk about will clearly be a thing, having a degree of player influence on the economy will make trade routes and piracy rather dynamic adapting to what's presently most rewarding.
    Eldurian said:

For now it's fixed in the future I think they want to keep with their original design and go dynamic with the supply and demand: