Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Mobile MMO (online) games on PC ?

iixviiiixiixviiiix Member RarePosts: 2,256
Anyone play mobile MMO on PC ? currently many are out on mobile , my phone is old and not suit for special gaming but there are many simulators .
So it kind of interest me how many play mobile MMO on PC .

Comments

• KnightFalzKnightFalz Member EpicPosts: 4,172
    Some do, as emulators are available for that. Also, there are some games on Steam that have been adapted to PC from mobile. I messed around in Crusaders of Light for a bit. It was alright, but pretty light compared to PC games of the genre.

If you are going to be on PC anyway, you'd probably be better off with a PC title as it will likely give you more in comparison, unless there is a  particular mobile game you are keen on.
  • PhryPhry Member LegendaryPosts: 11,004
    There isn't, but recently Fortnite launched on mobile, i would be very surprised if mobile players could compete with PC players, or console players for that matter, but its a thing, a very surprising thing, but a thing nonetheless  :o
  • ScotScot Member LegendaryPosts: 22,990
    Well I was asking this question on another thread, we came up with one person who uses this site who does. They must have players or they would not be getting made, the ones I don't get are the conversions to smartphone, this must cause huge issues?

They must be out there, I would really like to hear from them, first question: How do you play on such a small screen?
  • datbasedgrldatbasedgrl Member CommonPosts: 10
    PC is where the MMOs are, but I prefer mobile because I can lay in bed instead of sitting on my PC chair.
    Phaserlight
  • SmoeySmoey Member UncommonPosts: 599
    PC is where the MMOs are, but I prefer mobile because I can lay in bed instead of sitting on my PC chair.
    Laptops are your friend.

(\ /) ?
    ( . .)
    c('')('')

• PhaserlightPhaserlight Member EpicPosts: 3,072
    edited March 2018
    Vendetta Online is a PC MMORPG available on mobile.

For those agape at Fortnite's port: a twitch MMORPG on mobile (VO) has been a thing since 2011.

I play on PC, mobile, and in virtual realty.
    snoocky

"The simple is the seal of the true and beauty is the splendor of truth" -Subrahmanyan Chandrasekhar
    Authored 139 missions in Vendetta Online and 6 tracks in Distance

• PhaserlightPhaserlight Member EpicPosts: 3,072
    Scot said:
    Well I was asking this question on another thread, we came up with one person who uses this site who does. They must have players or they would not be getting made, the ones I don't get are the conversions to smartphone, this must cause huge issues?

They must be out there, I would really like to hear from them, first question: How do you play on such a small screen?
    Ever watch Netflix on your phone? How do you watch a movie on such a small screen? 

The answer is that it's easy to be immersed in a frame (screen) done properly even if it's 5".  It takes some creative UI / UX design. 

Also, Bluetooth gamepads are your friend.

I much prefer a 30" screen with mouse, keyboard, and gamepad, naturally, but for the tradeoff I am able to carry the game with me anywhere.

I also generally engage in different types of activities within the game on mobile versus on PC versus in VR.
    Scot

"The simple is the seal of the true and beauty is the splendor of truth" -Subrahmanyan Chandrasekhar
    Authored 139 missions in Vendetta Online and 6 tracks in Distance

• WizardryWizardry Member LegendaryPosts: 19,332
    Yes there are a few apps that allow you to play IOS or other mobile devices.I don't remember the names of them off hand as i was looking at them several months ago.

The problem as far as i can tell is that your screen i believe will still be small but perhaps there is an app out there that stretches it on your pc screen.Now that i think about it,i saw people with full screen playing that battle royale card game that was so popular so yeah must be able to stretch it on screen.

IMO there is not one mobiel game worth playing but i was looking at the emulators in case i want to play the incoming FFXI for mobile which is suppose to be near identical as FFXI pc but with better graphics.

The only drawback is that mobile is so popular in areas of the world that the developers see this as an opportunity to rip consumers for with ridiculous cash shops.Point being that even though i feel FFXI mobile will be a very good game,the cash shop alone will likely kill it.

Never forget 3 mile Island and never trust a government official or company spokesman.

• WizardryWizardry Member LegendaryPosts: 19,332
    Ok here is a link to one of the most popular ones,i had the link saved.

https://www.bluestacks.com/

Never forget 3 mile Island and never trust a government official or company spokesman.

• AAAMEOWAAAMEOW Member RarePosts: 1,605
    Phry said:
    There isn't, but recently Fortnite launched on mobile, i would be very surprised if mobile players could compete with PC players, or console players for that matter, but its a thing, a very surprising thing, but a thing nonetheless  :o
    I don't play fortnite but reading the articles mobile players won't be placed with pc players unless they choose to join the pc or console servers.
  • riveroftimeriveroftime Member CommonPosts: 14
    Hmm what about Crashlands?