Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

5k for Ashes and 1k for Pantheon , yet ..

IceAgeIceAge Member EpicPosts: 3,118
..he's broke with games!

"I am BROKE with games. Max I'd spend is 150 for the founders. After dropping 5000 on Ashes and 1000 on Pantheon, my gaming budget is shot."

http://steamcommunity.com/app/681660/discussions/0/1697169163398339984/#c1697169163398387924

6k for 2 pathetic KS projects! I hope he will remain broke with gaming budged , so that he will pay max 150 for a game from now on!

Reporter: What's behind Blizzard success, and how do you make your gamers happy?
Blizzard Boss: Making gamers happy is not my concern, making money.. yes!

GdemamiKyleranpantaroJamesGoblinBestinnaYashaXmgilbrtsnSiug

Comments

• HystericHysteric Member UncommonPosts: 51
    To each there own
    WraithoneAlBQuirky
  • IceAgeIceAge Member EpicPosts: 3,118
    Hysteric said:
    To each there own
    Nope! Not here.

Because supporting fail KS projects, means that "dev's" will continue to throw "awesome - on paper - projects" , take the money from guys (a)like the one I quoted , and then "whatever". 

People needs to realize, that devs needs to take the fucking care of everything. If a company goes KS ( for MMO's that is ) , it means they are shit, because if they have a good project, they will 100% find some company who will fund their project. 

SiphaedGdemamipantaroDakeruMikehaYashaXNepheth[Deleted User]Siugkb4blu

Reporter: What's behind Blizzard success, and how do you make your gamers happy?

• Flyte27Flyte27 Member RarePosts: 4,574
    IceAge said:
    Hysteric said:
    To each there own
    Nope! Not here.

Because supporting fail KS projects, means that "dev's" will continue to throw "awesome - on paper - projects" , take the money from guys (a)like the one I quoted , and then "whatever". 

People needs to realize, that devs needs to take the fucking care of everything. If a company goes KS ( for MMO's that is ) , it means they are shit, because if they have a good project, they will 100% find some company who will fund their project. 

This isn't entirely true.  Kickstarters are for niche products.  Products that aren't main stream.  Products that aren't about maximizing profit.  Unfortunately large games are hard to make without the pressure from above to keep things in order.  They don't always get finished.  If you don't have 1000 dollars to spend on a game in hopes of your dream being finished you shouldn't do so.  It is just entertainment after all.
    GdemamiYaevinduskBabuinixwandericaMrMelGibson
  • SiphaedSiphaed Member RarePosts: 1,114
    IceAge said:
    Hysteric said:
    To each there own
    Nope! Not here.

So the next time you need a car/house loan, think about what you just said and do it on your own.  No loans, no bank backing you with it's $$.   Because what is a bank but a collection of money held by other individuals that will use said held money for investing in interest-based loans.   You're essentially saying that's bad.

Certainly some kickstarter projects have failed, but not all. There have been some successful ones as well.   Many, in fact.   Some of the MMO projects are doing it outside of Publishers because they'd rather retain full creative design control rather than chasing the next biggest fad -Battleground island shooters, for example- with the biggest profit churning cash schemes such as lockboxes and the like.

Another reason is that many Publishers do not see a point in investing in the MMO genre.  Average development rate for an MMO is 3.5-5+years.   In that time a games Developer could launch 10x single player and multiplayer games with the same development team size.  So the time/effort investment isn't seen as profitable, especially when most Publishers are publicly traded companies that answer to stock investors on a quarterly.  Can't really answer every quarter for over 3 years with "all resources still tied up in MMO X still in development" without a drop of profit. 

This is why many have reported that the AAA MMORPG is all but dead. 
    GdemamiYaevinduskYashaX

Flyte27 said:
    IceAge said:
    Hysteric said:
    To each there own
    Nope! Not here.

This isn't entirely true.  Kickstarters are for niche products.  Products that aren't main stream.  Products that aren't about maximizing profit.  Unfortunately large games are hard to make without the pressure from above to keep things in order.  They don't always get finished.  If you don't have 1000 dollars to spend on a game in hopes of your dream being finished you shouldn't do so.  It is just entertainment after all.
    That's a very cheap excuse. Very cheap. And since when KS projects are niche products? That is another cheap excuse to support this kind of projects.

Large games are hard to make? But small are not ? LOL . Name me one "small niche mmo" which was released. And no , don't throw me alpha mmo's with the "release status" which are full of bugs and such. If they are small , then they at least be able to release a stable version of the game.

Anyway , you are delusional for thinking this. Even a small and niche product, can be done right and also, they can find companies who can fund. All it takes is a demo and a solid plan. Trust me,  none of this the so called MMO's had any. I don't really remember, but is Ashes of Creation that game where the owner was so mad because he found no company to fund his project? 
    GdemamiMrMelGibson

Siphaed said:
    IceAge said:
    Hysteric said:
    To each there own
    Nope! Not here.

So the next time you need a car/house loan, think about what you just said and do it on your own.  No loans, no bank backing you with it's $$.   Because what is a bank but a collection of money held by other individuals that will use said held money for investing in interest-based loans.   You're essentially saying that's bad.

Certainly some kickstarter projects have failed, but not all. There have been some successful ones as well.   Many, in fact.   Some of the MMO projects are doing it outside of Publishers because they'd rather retain full creative design control rather than chasing the next biggest fad -Battleground island shooters, for example- with the biggest profit churning cash schemes such as lockboxes and the like.

Another reason is that many Publishers do not see a point in investing in the MMO genre.  Average development rate for an MMO is 3.5-5+years.   In that time a games Developer could launch 10x single player and multiplayer games with the same development team size.  So the time/effort investment isn't seen as profitable, especially when most Publishers are publicly traded companies that answer to stock investors on a quarterly.  Can't really answer every quarter for over 3 years with "all resources still tied up in MMO X still in development" without a drop of profit. 

This is why many have reported that the AAA MMORPG is all but dead. 
    Wait what? Whats with that comparation ? Do donors get something back ( money related ) from the said projects? No! So wtf? If I want a loan, I get the money but I am paying them back + interests. Will the KS project company pay you back all you donated once they release the game? No. So stop it with this pathetic comparation. 

And I am strictly speaking , and I did said it , about KS MMOs projects. Name me the ones who have released a GAME. Please, understand the meaning of GAME.

For your last paragraph , are you a valid analyzer ? With diplomas and such ? No! then that's just your theory, and from my point of view, a weak one.
    GdemamiYashaXNephethAlBQuirky

• SovrathSovrath Member LegendaryPosts: 31,937
    IceAge said:
    Hysteric said:
    To each there own
    Nope! Not here.

There's no issues here on the dev's part. This is all about the person who was a total idiot and spent 6k of his own money (or his parents'?) on video game projects that aren't guaranteed to launch.

Good that he's broke. Hopefully this is a long lasting lesson.
    IceAgepantaroYaevinduskYashaXNephethMidPrincessMrMelGibson
    Like Skyrim? Need more content? Try my Skyrim mod "Godfred's Tomb." 

Godfred's Tomb Trailer: https://youtu.be/-nsXGddj_4w

Original Skyrim: https://www.nexusmods.com/skyrim/mods/109547

Try the "Special Edition." 'Cause it's "Special." https://www.nexusmods.com/skyrimspecialedition/mods/64878/?tab=description

Serph toze kindly has started a walk-through. https://youtu.be/UIelCK-lldo 
    IceAge said:
    Flyte27 said:
    IceAge said:
    Hysteric said:
    To each there own
    Nope! Not here.

That's a very cheap excuse. Very cheap. And since when KS projects are niche products? That is another cheap excuse to support this kind of projects.

Large games are hard to make? But small are not ? LOL . Name me one "small niche mmo" which was released. And no , don't throw me alpha mmo's with the "release status" which are full of bugs and such. If they are small , then they at least be able to release a stable version of the game.

Anyway , you are delusional for thinking this. Even a small and niche product, can be done right and also, they can find companies who can fund. All it takes is a demo and a solid plan. Trust me,  none of this the so called MMO's had any. I don't really remember, but is Ashes of Creation that game where the owner was so mad because he found no company to fund his project? 
    Large games are much more difficult to make IMO.  Even small games are difficult, but the longer the development duration and the larger the project the more complicated it gets.  3D MMOs are the pinnacle of game complexity unless you move into the realm of things like virtual reality.  Many non game companies can spend 10 years trying to perfect a C++ application to make sure it works well for it's purpose.  I would think in this day and age people would understand that games take a lot of work and organization between the coding, art, story, music, etc.  Keeping it all organized and working together is not easy.
  • PottedPlant22PottedPlant22 Member RarePosts: 800
    Why does any of this matter?  If the game's good, it will be released like any other game and you can decide to buy it then or not.  The game most certainly won't be $1000 or $5000 at that point.
  • LinifLinif Member UncommonPosts: 338
    What's the point of this thread? It's basically naming and shaming...
    pantaroYashaXBabuinixSiug
    Linif said:
    At least I am naming and shaming someone who's not related to this website. 

And the point ? Because is a serious problem if someone is paying 6k on 2 wannabe MMO's , yet , he's broke, on gaming budged that is and I could say that not only. I mean who has 6k to donate and then he says that he can afford to buy future games at a price of no more then 150$. 

Anyway , whats the point of commenting to this thread ?
    GdemamiYashaXNephethSiug

• SovrathSovrath Member LegendaryPosts: 31,937
    IceAge said:
    Linif said:

And the point ? Because is a serious problem if someone is paying 6k on 2 wannabe MMO's , yet , he's broke, on gaming budged that is and I could say that not only. I mean who has 6k to donate and then he says that he can afford to buy future games at a price of no more then 150$. 

Well, now wait a minute, putting aside that he might have "issues" and is spending money that should be spent on more important things, not everyone thinks 6k is a lot of money.

There are people out there with incredible amounts of money who don't want for anything.

If I go out and spend $200-$300+ or so on a weekend, that's not a big deal. For some they might say "$200-$300+ plus on just weekend activities? Who can afford that?

Others spend 1k - 2k as a matter of course and it's no big deal.

However, I strongly suspect that if he's spent 6k and is complaining about it then he probably shouldn't have been spending that money on kickstarter projects.
    InteritusYaevindusk
    Like Skyrim? Need more content? Try my Skyrim mod "Godfred's Tomb." 

Godfred's Tomb Trailer: https://youtu.be/-nsXGddj_4w

Original Skyrim: https://www.nexusmods.com/skyrim/mods/109547

Try the "Special Edition." 'Cause it's "Special." https://www.nexusmods.com/skyrimspecialedition/mods/64878/?tab=description

Serph toze kindly has started a walk-through. https://youtu.be/UIelCK-lldo 
    IceAge said:
    Linif said:

To determine what the actual point of the thread was. Come on now.

People with big wallets and a lot of faith. Usually it's those people who want to be part of "The next big thing", I've found. They'll sink a fortune, but won't get what they actually want... which is to PLAY the game.
    Linif said:
    IceAge said:
    Linif said:

People with big wallets and a lot of faith. Usually it's those people who want to be part of "The next big thing", I've found. They'll sink a fortune, but won't get what they actually want... which is to PLAY the game.
    All good, yet , it seems this guys does not really have a big wallet. Had...
    LinifYashaX

IceAge said:
    Linif said:
    IceAge said:
    Linif said:

If he's sunk as much as he claims in to them, I'd at least expect to see his name in the credits somewhere ey? Lol
    YashaXwidafibo
    Linif said:
    IceAge said:
    Linif said:
    IceAge said:
    Linif said:

If he's sunk as much as he claims in to them, I'd at least expect to see his name in the credits somewhere ey? Lol
    Well , based on what he said here : http://steamcommunity.com/app/681660/discussions/0/1697169163398339984/#c1697169163398459561

...it seems he has no regrets : Regret? 5000 because I pledged Hero of the People pledge during Kickstarter.

Because yeah, he's the ... Hero of the People in this case, he's the hero for whoever took the money and bought some nice cloths with them.
    Linif

• AethaerynAethaeryn Member RarePosts: 3,149
    My "games" budget  doesn't even include half of that for a new PC :)
    DakeruLinifYashaX

Wa min God! Se æx on min heafod is!

• KnightFalzKnightFalz Member EpicPosts: 4,122
    IceAge said:
    Hysteric said:
    To each there own
    Nope! Not here.

You don't get to define the needs of other people.

So, yes, to each their own.
    dragonlee66Siug
    IceAge said:
    Hysteric said:
    To each there own
    Nope! Not here.

Yea, but I can rage as much as i want on "to each his own" statement. Because , common sense in today's world, is very rare. 
    dragonlee66KyleranYashaXNephethMrMelGibson

• danwest58danwest58 Member RarePosts: 2,012
    If this guy is stupid enough to drop thousands of dollars on a kickstarter let him learn his lesson.   Yea I dropped $80 on Ashes.   Its $80 I planned to and it didnt hurt my budget or put me in more debt then I am already in.   People need to be responsible for their own spending habits.  Its like a moron going to the Casino putting himself thousands of dollars in debt trying to win big.  Its no one else's fault but his own.  
    BruceYee
    danwest58 said:
    If this guy is stupid enough to drop thousands of dollars on a kickstarter let him learn his lesson.   Yea I dropped $80 on Ashes.   Its $80 I planned to and it didnt hurt my budget or put me in more debt then I am already in.   People need to be responsible for their own spending habits.  Its like a moron going to the Casino putting himself thousands of dollars in debt trying to win big.  Its no one else's fault but his own.  
    There are actually many reasons for doing things like that, but most of them are spawned by society, ownership, and control of things.  That is what creates ambition and greed.  Some people like the game and others would rather to be separate from it and live a life the way nature intended.  Sure it's his own fault, but he is not the one who created the temptation.  Unfortunately people do need to be responsible as a condition of society and living in it.  If they are not they will end up hurting themselves the most.  That doesn't mean it's something that should be accepted IMO.
  • KyleranKyleran Member LegendaryPosts: 43,435
    IceAge said:
    Hysteric said:
    To each there own
    Nope! Not here.

True, but we do get to smugly mock them for their poor decisions.

The view on top of the high horse is awesomely clear.

;)
    MendelWraithoneIceAgeYashaXMrMelGibson

"True friends stab you in the front." | Oscar Wilde 

"I need to finish" - Christian Wolff: The Accountant

Just trying to live long enough to play a new, released MMORPG, playing New Worlds atm

Fools find no pleasure in understanding but delight in airing their own opinions. Pvbs 18:2, NIV

Don't just play games, inhabit virtual worlds™

"This is the most intelligent, well qualified and articulate response to a post I have ever seen on these forums. It's a shame most people here won't have the attention span to read past the second line." - Anon

• EldurianEldurian Member EpicPosts: 2,736
    edited March 2018
    IceAge said:
    ..he's broke with games!

"I am BROKE with games. Max I'd spend is 150 for the founders. After dropping 5000 on Ashes and 1000 on Pantheon, my gaming budget is shot."

http://steamcommunity.com/app/681660/discussions/0/1697169163398339984/#c1697169163398387924

6k for 2 pathetic KS projects! I hope he will remain broke with gaming budged , so that he will pay max 150 for a game from now on!
    While I'd be more incline to use 6000$ to provide food, clean water and education to an entire 3rd world village for a year... how bad of a decision it is for him is completely relative to his yearly earnings. If he's still willing to drop 150$ on games in one go, that doesn't sound too broke to me.
  • WraithoneWraithone Member RarePosts: 3,806
    IceAge said:
    Hysteric said:
    To each there own
    Nope! Not here.

Really? I've seen many great proposed projects, by experienced Devs that didn't get funded, because the suits lacked the insight and courage to take a chance on them.

Suits tend to be some of the most risk adverse people in the world. The vast majority will ONLY bet on "sure" things.  Remember the phrase; "Its just like World of Warcraft"?...

Not to mention that these days, they'd want to stuff the game with micro transactions and other such nonsense.

KS is a great alternative, but as with all such things, its up to the people involved to make a good case for their project, and for the supporters to do their own thinking and RESEARCH.
    YaevinduskYashaXHerase
    "If you can't kill it, don't make it mad."
  • Mackaveli44Mackaveli44 Member RarePosts: 708
    IceAge said:
    Hysteric said:
    To each there own
    Nope! Not here.

How can you legitimately say they're fail projects when they haven't even released yet?  Jumping to the conclusion are we?   Sounds more like you hate these titles so much you're posting this rant just to showcase it. Who the hell knows WHY you hate them so much(At least it sounds like you do from your rants) but it's pretty damn unjustified to call them fail projects when they have yet to release.  
    YashaXBruceYee