Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Devs Introduce a Whole New World with 300+ New Islands - Worlds Adrift Videos - MMORPG.com

SystemSystem Member UncommonPosts: 12,599
edited March 2018 in Videos Discussion

imageDevs Introduce a Whole New World with 300+ New Islands - Worlds Adrift Videos - MMORPG.com

Worlds Adrift developers "John Age 24 and Ryan" are back with the third video developer diary for the game. In this edition, the pair talk about the recently added 300+ new islands that didn't "melt the servers and didn't incinerate the entire studio in a big ball of fire". Now that's just exciting!

Read the full story here

Comments

• NovaLionNovaLion Member UncommonPosts: 2
    Oh, wow.

That's actually a dude and not a frail Japanese woman with a beard.

Fascinating.
    Kyleranbartoni33rojoArcueidGhavriggSaltyDog79LackingMMOPanserbjorne39AlomarLaviotaTheelyand 2 others.
  • WellspringWellspring Member EpicPosts: 1,464
    Love how they added humor to a simple update video. Was very much entertaining!
    SBFordBruceYeeMrMelGibson
    --------------------------------------------
  • KyleranKyleran Member LegendaryPosts: 43,498
    Always seems like an interesting game and then I recall it's FFA, full loot PVP and pass on by.

[Deleted User]GhavriggMrMelGibsonTacticalZombeh

"True friends stab you in the front." | Oscar Wilde 

"I need to finish" - Christian Wolff: The Accountant

Just trying to live long enough to play a new, released MMORPG, playing New Worlds atm

Fools find no pleasure in understanding but delight in airing their own opinions. Pvbs 18:2, NIV

Don't just play games, inhabit virtual worlds™

"This is the most intelligent, well qualified and articulate response to a post I have ever seen on these forums. It's a shame most people here won't have the attention span to read past the second line." - Anon

• GhavriggGhavrigg Member RarePosts: 1,308

I cringed more than anything 'cause the humor didn't click with me. But at least they addressed the fact that I thought the guy on the left was a woman with a fake goatee glued on at first glance.
    LackingMMOGolelornMrMelGibsonTacticalZombeh
  • DvoraDvora Member UncommonPosts: 499
    ya bit cringeworthy, bordering creepy lol
    MikehaAlomar
  • Panserbjorne39Panserbjorne39 Member UncommonPosts: 142
    Funny. Nice to see dev vid that has some personality and didnt put me to sleep.
    Golelorn
  • LackingMMOLackingMMO Member RarePosts: 664
    omg when I saw the pic on the front page I seriously thought that was a girl with those fake mustache and goatee things you can get at the dollar store. I semi felt like a jerk for thinking that then I read the comments and felt better but since the dev is making light of it all I can imagine is the scene in Austin powers "ITS A MAN BABY!" except in this case.. "ITS A WOMAN BABY!"
  • DavodtheTuttDavodtheTutt Member UncommonPosts: 415
    Technically they're not developers per se, they're from the marketing team. ;)
  • LeoTolstoyLeoTolstoy Member UncommonPosts: 30

NovaLion said:

Oh, wow.

That's actually a dude and not a frail Japanese woman with a beard.

Fascinating.

Yeah bearded ladies are so misunderstood. It reminds me of that famous P.T Barnum quote.
  • Solar_ProphetSolar_Prophet Member EpicPosts: 1,960
    Kyleran said:
    Always seems like an interesting game and then I recall it's FFA, full loot PVP and pass on by.

Griefer's paradise. Such a shame, because the premise is pretty cool. If they opened a PvE server I'd be all over it.
    TacticalZombeh

AN' DERE AIN'T NO SUCH FING AS ENUFF DAKKA, YA GROT! Enuff'z more than ya got an' less than too much an' there ain't no such fing as too much dakka. Say dere is, and me Squiggoff'z eatin' tonight!

We are born of the blood. Made men by the blood. Undone by the blood. Our eyes are yet to open. FEAR THE OLD BLOOD. 

#IStandWithVic

• GolelornGolelorn Member RarePosts: 1,395
    edited March 2018
    Ghavrigg said:

I cringed more than anything 'cause the humor didn't click with me. But at least they addressed the fact that I thought the guy on the left was a woman with a fake goatee glued on at first glance.
    Ya know - to each their own. Clearly, this fella is cheering for the other side. I enjoyed the video, and I think I will support it even though I despise FFA games. Maybe this one will be the one that doesn't crash and burn... HAHAHAHAHA
    Ghavrigg
  • DarkswormDarksworm Member RarePosts: 1,081
    Lol @ the comment in the screenshot! Amazing. Hillarious.

A true Home Run.