Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Anyone read Ready Player One?

MightyUncleanMightyUnclean Member EpicPosts: 3,531
Hey guys,

The preview for the upcoming Ready Player One movie caught my eye, so I'm thinking of picking up the book.  Is it a good read?  Would a child of the 80's enjoy it?

Thanks!

Comments

• sunandshadowsunandshadow Member RarePosts: 1,985
    Yeah it was a good read, lots of 80s nostalgia and some humor.
    AlBQuirky
    I want to help design and develop a PvE-focused, solo-friendly, sandpark MMO which combines crafting, monster hunting, and story.  So PM me if you are starting one.
  • The user and all related content has been deleted.

거북이는 목을 내밀 때 안 움직입니다

• BlazingJ816BlazingJ816 Member CommonPosts: 11
    With the consumers sudden interest with retro (Stranger Things, revivals of old series) I think its good timing. I myself is looking forward into watching the movie, and would be on eagle's eye to spot the tons of references from it  
  • riveroftimeriveroftime Member CommonPosts: 14
    I've read the book a few times, but not sure if I'm excited for the movie :( i'll watch it eventually...but not excited
    AlBQuirky
  • odreyanneodreyanne Member CommonPosts: 1
    I read the book twice, it's a favorite. I really enjoyed the virtual reality gaming aspect and I geeked out hard. The movie looks quite different from the original story but I'm seeing it tomorrow in IMAX anyway, so far the reviews are positive.
  • AlBQuirkyAlBQuirky Member EpicPosts: 7,432
    I've read the book a few times, but not sure if I'm excited for the movie :( i'll watch it eventually...but not excited
    Having seen very few "movies from books" adaptations I truly enjoyed, I have to say I'm not excited about seeing this latest one.

To the OP:
    I have read the book. It was a fun read with lots of 80's nostalgia :)

- Al

Personally the only modern MMORPG trend that annoys me is the idea that MMOs need to be designed in a way to attract people who don't actually like MMOs. Which to me makes about as much sense as someone trying to figure out a way to get vegetarians to eat at their steakhouse.
    - FARGIN_WAR

• GutlardGutlard Member RarePosts: 1,019
    I loved the Book, and thought the movie was entertaining enough, and I don't usually go fanboy crazy when the book lore doesn't match other forms of its entertainment to a 'T.'

I like seeing multiple view points to something I enjoy and can appreciate differing perspectives.

Like I've said in another thread, I just hope Cline can stick to his original vision for Ready Player Two, and not let the other forms of entertainment shape his personal views of the story line.

Gut Out!

What, me worry?