Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

which game is better to play?

badermalbadermal Member UncommonPosts: 250
life is feudal mmo and darkfall rise of agon i know both of them are not same game but still both got

open world pvp 

full loot

siege 

large scale pvp

grinding crafting 

sandbox

as i mainly prefer  pvp as both of them got all of these so which is worth to play out of each other? and i will have some fun in which one? 
KyleranPhryAgent_Joseph

Comments

• KyleranKyleran Member LegendaryPosts: 43,498
    edited March 2018
    As I read in another thread today, wanton murder is punished quite severely in LIF.

You can apparently permanently damage your character if you let your alignment slip too low.

https://forums.mmorpg.com/discussion/472611/is-there-a-decent-full-loot-pvp-game-currently#latest

So if thats not as appealing,  go with Shadowba..er, I mean Darkfall.

;)

"True friends stab you in the front." | Oscar Wilde 

"I need to finish" - Christian Wolff: The Accountant

Just trying to live long enough to play a new, released MMORPG, playing New Worlds atm

Fools find no pleasure in understanding but delight in airing their own opinions. Pvbs 18:2, NIV

Don't just play games, inhabit virtual worlds™

"This is the most intelligent, well qualified and articulate response to a post I have ever seen on these forums. It's a shame most people here won't have the attention span to read past the second line." - Anon

• badermalbadermal Member UncommonPosts: 250
    on that thread you linked it says "Darkfall is a lost cause at this point. Population will get nothing but worse. Both the new revivals of the original darkfall, have fail at bringing the game back to life, and there is not enough population to fill even a portion of either version. Dont waste your time with the grind, neither will be around too long. 

As for a full loot game with a healthy population, I cannot say there is much on the market at the moment. A.lbion is populated, even if it has died off some from launch, though its not my cup of tea. 

When Gloria Victis gets finished, it should be a solid game if they can market it right. 

Mortal online is still around but same boat as darkfall, on life support"

so darkfall got very low population? and why he reacted "lol" with my comment? 

Copperfield
    Keep  in mind most everything shared on these forums are personal opinions.

It is my opinion there is not now, nor will their ever be a FFA PVP centric full loot MMORPG that will ever be decently populated unless it incorporates controls which are borderline punitive on aggressors. 

Which of course agressors don't care for and won't play if they can't wantonly kill on their (normally one sided) terms.

Have you considered the Legends of Aria player run shard called "Legends of Ultima?"

Supposed to be recreating a true UO experience and doing a fair job of it.  Still struggling with some population issues, but LOA is still early access and a bit rough, or so I've read.

http://www.legendsofultima.online/?i=1

Oh, if you were asking why I LOL'd your post, well,  its been two weeks, and here you are again.

;)

PhrycameltosisConstantineMerus

Just trying to live long enough to play a new, released MMORPG, playing New Worlds atm

Fools find no pleasure in understanding but delight in airing their own opinions. Pvbs 18:2, NIV

"This is the most intelligent, well qualified and articulate response to a post I have ever seen on these forums. It's a shame most people here won't have the attention span to read past the second line." - Anon

• anemoanemo Member RarePosts: 1,903
    Screeps most certainly beats out both of them :p

If you plan on being that solo rogue > darkfall.    if you like working with teams to build cities > LiF.

Practice doesn't make perfect, practice makes permanent.

"At one point technology meant making tech that could get to the moon, now it means making tech that could get you a taxi."

• CryomatrixCryomatrix Member EpicPosts: 3,223
    Isn't darkfall age of agon free or has some free trial, if not, it's pretty cheap. Why not watch youtube videos of both to see gameplay. 

Cryomatrix
    Catch me streaming at twitch.tv/cryomatrix
    You can see my sci-fi/WW2 book recommendations. 
    i will look into legend of aria and lol screeps? and i made a post 2 weeks later yes but it does do nothing with shadowbane or searching for any shadowbane like game it just comaparisn between 2 games
    You keep asking questions for which you already know the answer to, hence I laugh. 

From your Jan 21st thread you wrote, 

"games already tried 

Life is feudal : if people already played they know why iam posting this as this game is lag feast and worst pvp in this game is carebear and shitty with admin rules"

Feb 24th you said, 

"life is feudal become shit lots of restrictions and limitations."

March 11th you wrote,

"ok i will try darkfall but still i would prefer buy to play than subs lol and i dont mind if gore is there or not(but still will be little better if its corpse than graveyard) and for graphics darkfall one is good for me not too top down or cartoonish like albion"

In the same thread,

"i saw darkfall new dawn even went to the server and asked the moderators and other players but they saying it dont the features i asked they its only full loot pvp so get loot only on pvp so no raiding of village towns and get loot from player chests etc like um wurm online or others game like it"

And still in same thread, your 2nd dismissal of Mortal Online,

" in mortal online i would have tried it but it basically not playable at all and if i dismiss it for graphics combat you can say just take the good and play it atleast   it got what you wanted but in that game it didnt  even have the feature which i mainly wanted lol like i said you do not even get loot because defender will come online within 24 hours and take all the stuff so looting not possible and there are guard with aimbot and even many old players agreed siege is not done  badly so do not play it if you playing for it and 75% clan stopped doing it and even devs says it not main thing of game"

You did ask for clarification of sieges on Mortal again on March 13th, but like your Ark vs Conan Exiles thread you did change it up a bit in those two I'll grant.

In most all of your threads people have recommended the two games you asked about today as well as Albion,  Screeps, Worlds Adrift, etc etc etc.....

Only you know which game you would enjoy better, no one here can tell you.

See you again around mid April.

Happy Easter!

;)

CryomatrixShaighkitaradmgilbrtsn

• CryomatrixCryomatrix Member EpicPosts: 3,223
    @Kyleran

You spent way too much time on the response, but well done. 
    Catch me streaming at twitch.tv/cryomatrix
    You can see my sci-fi/WW2 book recommendations. 
  • AlbatroesAlbatroes Member LegendaryPosts: 7,671
    One is b2p and the other is sub isn't it? I'd try out the b2p first tbh since you can always come back to it later if changes are made that you didn't like before.
  • TillerTiller Member LegendaryPosts: 11,163
    edited March 2018
    Back in the day you could get all that from only playing one game lol.
    SWG Bloodfin vet
    Elder Jedi/Elder Bounty Hunter

• ConstantineMerusConstantineMerus Member EpicPosts: 3,338
    Kyleran said:
    You keep asking questions for which you already know the answer to, hence I laugh. 

"games already tried 

Life is feudal : if people already played they know why iam posting this as this game is lag feast and worst pvp in this game is carebear and shitty with admin rules"

Feb 24th you said, 

March 11th you wrote,

"ok i will try darkfall but still i would prefer buy to play than subs lol and i dont mind if gore is there or not(but still will be little better if its corpse than graveyard) and for graphics darkfall one is good for me not too top down or cartoonish like albion"

In the same thread,

"i saw darkfall new dawn even went to the server and asked the moderators and other players but they saying it dont the features i asked they its only full loot pvp so get loot only on pvp so no raiding of village towns and get loot from player chests etc like um wurm online or others game like it"

" in mortal online i would have tried it but it basically not playable at all and if i dismiss it for graphics combat you can say just take the good and play it atleast   it got what you wanted but in that game it didnt  even have the feature which i mainly wanted lol like i said you do not even get loot because defender will come online within 24 hours and take all the stuff so looting not possible and there are guard with aimbot and even many old players agreed siege is not done  badly so do not play it if you playing for it and 75% clan stopped doing it and even devs says it not main thing of game"

You did ask for clarification of sieges on Mortal again on March 13th, but like your Ark vs Conan Exiles thread you did change it up a bit in those two I'll grant.

In most all of your threads people have recommended the two games you asked about today as well as Albion,  Screeps, Worlds Adrift, etc etc etc.....

Happy Easter!

;)

OMG mate you need a new MMO to play!

;)
    Constantine, The Console Poster

• "One of the most difficult tasks men can perform, however much others may despise it, is the invention of good games and it cannot be done by men out of touch with their instinctive selves." - Carl Jung
  • kitaradkitarad Member LegendaryPosts: 7,910
    Kyleran said:

"games already tried 

Feb 24th you said, 

March 11th you wrote,

In the same thread,

Happy Easter!

;)

Good hatchet job and it did not take long either since his posts are easily traced and I bet it was a little bit of fun too. 

edited March 2018
    well if ofcourse nothing wrong with dismissing when you didnt get what you wanted in a game and some guys recommend game that is not even related to the title just randomly spamming the game names that comes the mind without seeing of what the op wanted its like  for example if i want a cookie making simulator game some of recommending skyrim just cause it got cooking

here is the valid reason why i dimissed these titles

Life is feudal - got worse penality for killing people but called as pvp game even if you want to go kill someone you cant do it cause you cant touch real claim till jh and even in jh you cant touch townclaim wall and jh = just 2 hours so it just a people who want to play 100 vs 100 on ib like a minigame 

darkfall- so someone called @Sid_Vicious suggested me it so i went to their forum read all the features of the game and then i contacted a staff and asked him a question of the feature which i talked about here and his reply was "Not to that extent. Only loot from players you kill."

Mortal Online - it sounds exactly what i wanted full sandbox building open world pvp looting and  with best sieging so i also went to their forum like darkfall and read everything about the game and contacted one of experinced player he said siege is possible but you got cool down of 24 hours (no one will guard the stuff for 24 hours) 

conan exile - this game got everything what i wanted but it basically unplayable why?  wipe in every few weeks, full of casuals that will play the game for 1-2 days and within the next day will dissappear from the game and be playing PUBG and i wont mind this but the worst thing is the game just got 40 players slot and it will filled with 10-15 players(goodluck with pvping) and there are 10k servers with 3k players playing daily and how do anyone even play with such playerbase?

so overall atleast i got reason to dimiss game and  its like telling someone f*** a rhino cause the guy wanted to f** someone with big A** and telling him to take good thing out of it(A**) and ignore the bad thing (Animal)
    Post edited by badermal on
  • Zeppel80Zeppel80 Member UncommonPosts: 74
    Tale of Toast has everything you listed, but it's in Early Access and doesn't seem to have much population (according to Steamcharts).