Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Who else is looking forward to Summerset?

TheScavengerTheScavenger Member EpicPosts: 3,321
Its the one area I've always wanted to visit in Elder Scrolls, so I'm really excited they are finally taking us there. That and the Psijic Order sounds awesome for a new skill line...an MMO that ADDS abilities, skills and character development instead of one that takes away skills and abilities and makes less and less character development lol.

Its refreshing to get more character builds instead of less. :)

My Skyrim, Fallout 4, Starbound and WoW + other game mods at MODDB: 

https://www.moddb.com/mods/skyrim-anime-overhaul

Tindale111

Comments

• IselinIselin Member LegendaryPosts: 18,719
    We'll start getting details next week about the Psijic line, the new traits for jewelry, how jewelry crafting actually works (I've been hoarding rings and necklaces ready to deconstruct :)) and of course they have said multiple times that there will be some major changes to classes and skills with Summerset too.

It'll be on the PTS ready to try mid April.
    Octagon7711Tindale111
    "Social media gives legions of idiots the right to speak when they once only spoke at a bar after a glass of wine, without harming the community ... but now they have the same right to speak as a Nobel Prize winner. It's the invasion of the idiots”

― Umberto Eco

“Microtransactions? In a single player role-playing game? Are you nuts?” 
    ― CD PROJEKT RED

• KalebGraysonKalebGrayson Member RarePosts: 430
    edited March 2018
    I played this game for a few months last year and nearly gave myself carpal tunnel doing so.  That was the ONLY thing I disliked about the game (okay, other than getting one shot in PVP - but I realize you have to build your character up in PVP).  I searched for ways around the action combat but never found anything that made my left wrist hurt any less.  I gave up the game right when the Vvardenfel content dropped.  I saw the Summerset announcement last week and got that itch again (albeit while rubbing my left wrist).  I started looking around again for ways around the action combat (via an addon - I wanted it to play more like WOW).  Then I found a Deltius gaming video last week which showed two camera shots of how he plays.  One camera on his right hand, the other on his left.  That was an eye-opening experience for me.  It never occurred to me to bind the five skills to a mouse.  So I went to Best Buy and bought a Naga.  I have all 5 skills bound to mouse buttons for my thumb.  It feels awkward, but there's no pain in my left wrist anymore.  I'm back in ESO and loving it.  My Warden is level 6 and I'm putzing around the island.  Does MMORPG have an ESO community?  All my friends are still full time WOW.  I don't know anyone in ESO.   
  • Octagon7711Octagon7711 Member LegendaryPosts: 9,000
    Looking forward to see how they do the Psijic line.  That will be the deciding factor for me.

"We all do the best we can based on life experience, point of view, and our ability to believe in ourselves." - Naropa      "We don't see things as they are, we see them as we are."  SR Covey

• SovrathSovrath Member LegendaryPosts: 32,002
    I played this game for a few months last year and nearly gave myself carpal tunnel doing so.  That was the ONLY thing I disliked about the game (okay, other than getting one shot in PVP - but I realize you have to build your character up in PVP).  I searched for ways around the action combat but never found anything that made my left wrist hurt any less.  I gave up the game right when the Vvardenfel content dropped.  I saw the Summerset announcement last week and got that itch again (albeit while rubbing my left wrist).  I started looking around again for ways around the action combat (via an addon - I wanted it to play more like WOW).  Then I found a Deltius gaming video last week which showed two camera shots of how he plays.  One camera on his right hand, the other on his left.  That was an eye-opening experience for me.  It never occurred to me to bind the five skills to a mouse.  So I went to Best Buy and bought a Naga.  I have all 5 skills bound to mouse buttons for my thumb.  It feels awkward, but there's no pain in my left wrist anymore.  I'm back in ESO and loving it.  My Warden is level 6 and I'm putzing around the island.  Does MMORPG have an ESO community?  All my friends are still full time WOW.  I don't know anyone in ESO.   
    I've used a naga mouse for years. For me, it's the only way to play these games.

Heck, before it even existed I envisioned "a mouse with keys on the right hand".

Wish I was more entrepreneurial back then!
    Like Skyrim? Need more content? Try my Skyrim mod "Godfred's Tomb." 

Godfred's Tomb Trailer: https://youtu.be/-nsXGddj_4w

Original Skyrim: https://www.nexusmods.com/skyrim/mods/109547

Try the "Special Edition." 'Cause it's "Special." https://www.nexusmods.com/skyrimspecialedition/mods/64878/?tab=description

Serph toze kindly has started a walk-through. https://youtu.be/UIelCK-lldo 
    I played this game for a few months last year and nearly gave myself carpal tunnel doing so.  That was the ONLY thing I disliked about the game (okay, other than getting one shot in PVP - but I realize you have to build your character up in PVP).  I searched for ways around the action combat but never found anything that made my left wrist hurt any less.  I gave up the game right when the Vvardenfel content dropped.  I saw the Summerset announcement last week and got that itch again (albeit while rubbing my left wrist).  I started looking around again for ways around the action combat (via an addon - I wanted it to play more like WOW).  Then I found a Deltius gaming video last week which showed two camera shots of how he plays.  One camera on his right hand, the other on his left.  That was an eye-opening experience for me.  It never occurred to me to bind the five skills to a mouse.  So I went to Best Buy and bought a Naga.  I have all 5 skills bound to mouse buttons for my thumb.  It feels awkward, but there's no pain in my left wrist anymore.  I'm back in ESO and loving it.  My Warden is level 6 and I'm putzing around the island.  Does MMO have an ESO community?  All my friends are still full time WOW.  I don't know anyone in ESO.   
    Once you discover gaming mice for MMOs there's no going back :) I've been playing with one for years.

Mine has 12 actions I can bind so in addition to the 5 skills I have weapon swapping, ultimate, synergy, potions, sneak, mount, and sprint on mine.

Once your left hand is doing nothing but movement it's also ridiculously easy to avoid AOE damage.
    "Social media gives legions of idiots the right to speak when they once only spoke at a bar after a glass of wine, without harming the community ... but now they have the same right to speak as a Nobel Prize winner. It's the invasion of the idiots”

― Umberto Eco

― CD PROJEKT RED

• KalebGraysonKalebGrayson Member RarePosts: 430
    Iselin said:
    I played this game for a few months last year and nearly gave myself carpal tunnel doing so.  That was the ONLY thing I disliked about the game (okay, other than getting one shot in PVP - but I realize you have to build your character up in PVP).  I searched for ways around the action combat but never found anything that made my left wrist hurt any less.  I gave up the game right when the Vvardenfel content dropped.  I saw the Summerset announcement last week and got that itch again (albeit while rubbing my left wrist).  I started looking around again for ways around the action combat (via an addon - I wanted it to play more like WOW).  Then I found a Deltius gaming video last week which showed two camera shots of how he plays.  One camera on his right hand, the other on his left.  That was an eye-opening experience for me.  It never occurred to me to bind the five skills to a mouse.  So I went to Best Buy and bought a Naga.  I have all 5 skills bound to mouse buttons for my thumb.  It feels awkward, but there's no pain in my left wrist anymore.  I'm back in ESO and loving it.  My Warden is level 6 and I'm putzing around the island.  Does MMO have an ESO community?  All my friends are still full time WOW.  I don't know anyone in ESO.   
    Once you discover gaming mice for MMOs there's no going back :) I've been playing with one for years.

Mine has 12 actions I can bind so in addition to the 5 skills I have weapon swapping, ultimate, synergy, potions, sneak, mount, and sprint on mine.

Once your left hand is doing nothing but movement it's also ridiculously easy to avoid AOE damage.

I got the Naga mouse with the switchable mouse plates.  Right now I have the 7 button plate on the mouse.  And yeah, moving out of stuff seems so ridiculously easy now.  
  • BruceYeeBruceYee Member EpicPosts: 2,556
    edited March 2018
    Try game pad if keyboard is weird for you + helps prevent carpal tunnel cause your wrist barely moves.

There's a wrist support glove that REALLY helps too

https://www.officedepot.com/a/products/910908/IMAK-Computer-Glove-With-ergoBeads-Gray/

rojoArcueid
    In case you didn't know, ZOS has invited several play testers including some of the better known streamers (Alcast, etc.) to go to their HQ and play it this week.

They're under NDA until April 3rd so all the details will start flooding next week. 

― Umberto Eco

― CD PROJEKT RED

• Mackaveli44Mackaveli44 Member RarePosts: 710
    xNIAx1 said:
    an expansion to a dead video game? lol bold move
    Goes to show how little you know about the game, lol. 
  • Truvidien88Truvidien88 Member UncommonPosts: 462
    edited March 2018
    I've always wanted to get into this game.. But the combat system doesn't just work for me. It could be because I've played WoW for X amount of years and that's all I've used. I mean I've done other action combat games before but it could be because of the weapon swap you need to do to be good in PvP. I'd rather have all my skills on the screen at once. 

Other than that I like that they've got new DLC's coming out often and the scenary is always nice!