Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

New Player Experience

GrandpaDJGrandpaDJ Member UncommonPosts: 132
I tried the game about 6 months ago and quickly realized the only way I could figure out the systems was to watch hours of YouTube videos. Is that still the case or have they improved the new player experience enough that a noob can learn and understand the game IN THE GAME?

Comments

• WizardryWizardry Member LegendaryPosts: 19,332
    edited March 2018
    Besides some bad game design decisions,this game will not have the player base to make it worth while have an economy,see and play with other players,it will be just a small player base of soloer's.
    As to understanding the game,this is what games like Wow have done,created a large number of players that need the hand holding.
    If gamer's don't see a yellow marker over a npc head and a tutorial for every single idea,they are completely lost.

Imagine iof players had to act like they were dropped in a real living world,talk to npc's,go look around and discover things,OH the SHOCK of it all.
    Torquetum

Never forget 3 mile Island and never trust a government official or company spokesman.

• GrandpaDJGrandpaDJ Member UncommonPosts: 132
    Thank you for hijacking my question to slam the game. Anyone that can answer my question?
    MightyUncleangrimal
  • rune_74rune_74 Member UncommonPosts: 115
    No, I played it like a new player recently and had to ask players outside the game why things were happening.  All the NUE does is put you in a place to play the game with some quests....it doesn't explain why skills work the way they do, ie you can keep selecting the skill even before the red cool down is done....and stuff like that.

If you have never played the game it won't help you much.
    Ice-Queen
  • VladamirBegemotVladamirBegemot Member UncommonPosts: 100
    Leaps and bounds better. 

Is it enough for you, there is no way I or anyone else can know, please let us know if you try it again.

But the game is MUCH better than six months ago.
    KyleranpostlarvalLeFantomeJamesGoblin
  • DracSchniderDracSchnider Member UncommonPosts: 223
    edited April 2018
    The starting experience has changed a lot the last 4 months.   There is always stuff you will have to either discover or ask about that is for sure.  Being a seasoned player now for over a year there are still things I am learning lol.    But for the most part the learning the basics is now all there during the starter stuff :)  hope that helps.

Also make sure to read the player handbook in your inventory that you get.  That has pretty much the whole manual in it.  Most people don't bother to read it ;)
    postlarvalJamesGoblin
  • KyleranKyleran Member LegendaryPosts: 43,508
    The starting experience has changed a lot the last 4 months.   There is always stuff you will have to either discover or ask about that is for sure.  Being a seasoned player now for over a year there are still things I am learning lol.    But for the most part the learning the basics is now all there during the starter stuff :)  hope that helps.

Also make sure to read the player handbook in your inventory that you get.  That has pretty much the whole manual in it.  Most people don't bother to read it ;)
    Read the manual?   Pffft...that's for Noobs.

;)

Good tip, first I've heard of this handbooks existence. 

"True friends stab you in the front." | Oscar Wilde 

"I need to finish" - Christian Wolff: The Accountant

Just trying to live long enough to play a new, released MMORPG, playing New Worlds atm

Fools find no pleasure in understanding but delight in airing their own opinions. Pvbs 18:2, NIV

Don't just play games, inhabit virtual worlds™

"This is the most intelligent, well qualified and articulate response to a post I have ever seen on these forums. It's a shame most people here won't have the attention span to read past the second line." - Anon

• GrandpaDJGrandpaDJ Member UncommonPosts: 132
    My wife and I tried to play it over the past weekend and she got about 2 hours into it before throwing her hands into the air. "It is boring and I have no idea how anything works!" was her take. With so many decent MMOs out there, its hard to make the argument that investing that many hours into learning a game is worth it unless the game is truly amazing.
    Ice-QueenJamesGoblinKyleranmysticmouse
  • LeFantomeLeFantome Member RarePosts: 692
    Leaps and bounds better. 

Is it enough for you, there is no way I or anyone else can know, please let us know if you try it again.

But the game is MUCH better than six months ago.

Pls, dont drink and play.
    JamesGoblinKyleran

• KyleranKyleran Member LegendaryPosts: 43,508
    GrandpaDJ said:
    My wife and I tried to play it over the past weekend and she got about 2 hours into it before throwing her hands into the air. "It is boring and I have no idea how anything works!" was her take. With so many decent MMOs out there, its hard to make the argument that investing that many hours into learning a game is worth it unless the game is truly amazing.
    Sometimes it takes a decent investment in time into a game before its true worth shows itself.

No idea if true with this game, but some titles do take additional effort (see EVE)  and are not for casuals.

"True friends stab you in the front." | Oscar Wilde 

"I need to finish" - Christian Wolff: The Accountant

Just trying to live long enough to play a new, released MMORPG, playing New Worlds atm

Fools find no pleasure in understanding but delight in airing their own opinions. Pvbs 18:2, NIV

Don't just play games, inhabit virtual worlds™

"This is the most intelligent, well qualified and articulate response to a post I have ever seen on these forums. It's a shame most people here won't have the attention span to read past the second line." - Anon