Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Let the pre-Alpha cash shop items flow...

Comments

• NeutralEvilNeutralEvil Member UncommonPosts: 108
    edited March 2018
    @mystichaze gave a list of hypotheticals to illustrate what you could expect it you never died, died a little or died a lot

To you that might be Gospel for "what the average spark will last". To me they are examples and just some maths showing what "can" be

The only thing that changed is now that everyone, regardless of Bloodline or Tribe, will have the same 12 month maximum lifespan. There were already sprit loss penalties for dying since inception.

So for you to say the average lifespan had changed from 12 months to 8 months is just... False
    Post edited by NeutralEvil on
  • Slapshot1188Slapshot1188 Member LegendaryPosts: 16,982

8 months average now.  Have fun.
    Kyleran

All time classic  MY NEW FAVORITE POST!  (Keep laying those bricks)

"I should point out that no other company has shipped out a beta on a disc before this." - Official Mortal Online Lead Community Moderator

Proudly wearing the Harbinger badge since Dec 23, 2017. 

Coined the phrase "Role-Playing a Development Team" January 2018

"Oddly Slap is the main reason I stay in these forums." - Mystichaze April 9th 2018

edited March 2018
    Still waiting to see you quote where the average has changed

Even in this statement Caspian writes "It is STILL..."

You phrased it as the average going from 12 months down to 8 months and being the result of a change

Is there a source or some quote you have that supports that statement?

I'll wait
    Kyleran
    From the FAQ:
    As a result, people will typically buy a life once per year.

Now... on to the more important part of my post. What are your thoughts on his newfound willingness regarding cosmetics in a cash shop? Good move?  Bad?  

"I should point out that no other company has shipped out a beta on a disc before this." - Official Mortal Online Lead Community Moderator

"Oddly Slap is the main reason I stay in these forums." - Mystichaze April 9th 2018

From the FAQ:

We aren't really going to play this game a semantics again are we?

Buying a spark if life every 8 months would typically be once per year
    From the FAQ:

We aren't really going to play this game a semantics again are we?

Buying a spark if life every 8 months would typically be once per year
    Way to avoid the bigger question.  I reworded #2 so we can move past your silly argument about what once a year means.

Now how about those cosmetics?

I'm rather Meh about cosmetics myself

Not "Emoji Movie" Meh where there are other emotions involved mind you. 

I'm the actual meh

If people want to spend money on special colors or designs, it doesn't bother me
  • AnOldFartAnOldFart Member RarePosts: 562
    @Slapshot1188, I have just read the whole conversation regarding cosmetic items. Caspian wasn't saying they were thinking about it, he was replying that the could sell them if they wanted to and that if they did it wouldn't effect it too much because everything that could be bought can be obtained in the game.
    mystichaze
    AnOldFart said:
    @Slapshot1188, I have just read the whole conversation regarding cosmetic items. Caspian wasn't saying they were thinking about it, he was replying that the could sell them if they wanted to and that if they did it wouldn't effect it too much because everything that could be bought can be obtained in the game.
    Which part of what you wrote disagrees with what I posted?

Player suggested post launch they could sell cosmetics in a cash shop.  Caspien said they could.

Prior posts indicated that all cash shop items would be gone at launch except souls and sparks.  Other posters here have fought every time we suggested they keep selling cosmetics.

Caspien has now said (as far as I know for the first time) that they could do so.

edited March 2018
    Your making it sound like he is saying they are thinking about it.

What he did was agree with another person who said they could.

*edit*

an example.
    "I could just eat a piece of cake." Implies I am thinking about eating cake.

"I could survive jumping off this cliff" An observation that I might survive jumping off a cliff but I wouldn't do that because it's silly.
    edited March 2018
    AnOldFart said:

*edit*

an example.

"I could survive jumping off this cliff" An observation that I might survive jumping off a cliff but I wouldn't do that because it's silly.
    You guys are so funny.

Read his earlier stance 

The point us is that he is seemingly now saying they could do this.  Where his earlier statement above clearly says NO.

I linked the actual question and answer in an earlier post. Folks can read the context and easily see the truth is not what your silly examples infer.

• UngoodUngood Member LegendaryPosts: 7,530

it was about 12 months max when this started.. it's still 12 months max now.. Holy Shit balls Batman! Not a damn thing has changed! News Worthy~! 
    Egotism is the anesthetic that dullens the pain of stupidity, this is why when I try to beat my head against the stupidity of other people, I only hurt myself.

edited March 2018
    AnOldFart said:

*edit*

an example.

You guys are so funny.

Read his earlier stance 

The point us is that he is seemingly now saying they could do this.  Where his earlier statement above clearly says NO.

I linked the actual question and answer in an earlier post. Folks can read the context and easily see the truth is not what your silly examples infer.

Lol nice try at deflection there.
    He previously said they won't include a cosmetic shop....

But way to ignore my actual point.
    He agreed with someone that they "could" include a cash shop. He  also has stated on multiple occasions (yes I can also do a discord search) that they don't intend to include one.

So he has said
    "Yes I agree we could include a cosmetic shop but at present we have no plans to do one."

*edit*
    btw
    Don't group me with the fan boy, I am reading up on the game and interested but if it fails it's napkin off my nose.
    I am disagreeing with you on this point because you have taken small parts of conversations and taking them out of context to prove your point 
    Slapshot1188
    AnOldFart said:

*edit*

an example.

You guys are so funny.

Read his earlier stance 

Well that puts the door open to a lot of things they could sell that are not in fact "Craftable" items.

• Noble Bloodline
    • Soul Binding Gear/Items (AKA: Family Heirloom) 
    • Additional Skill Slots (Allowing Souls to have a Dual Focus, or more)

Those are just a few off the top of my head.
    Egotism is the anesthetic that dullens the pain of stupidity, this is why when I try to beat my head against the stupidity of other people, I only hurt myself.

Ungood said:
    AnOldFart said:

*edit*

an example.

You guys are so funny.

Read his earlier stance 

Well that puts the door open to a lot of things they could sell that are not in fact "Craftable" items.

• Noble Bloodline

I don’t think they are ready for those yet.  Never say never though.  But I think selling dyes and frilly hats has always seemed like a natural match with the RPG community.
    NeutralEvilLinif

Ungood said:
    AnOldFart said:

*edit*

an example.

You guys are so funny.

Read his earlier stance 

• Noble Bloodline

I don’t think they are ready for those yet.  Never say never though.  But I think selling dyes and frilly hats has always seemed like a natural match with the RPG community.
    Depends.. if they have PGC system set up for dyes and hats.. selling them in the 'store' would be kinda rude, don't you think?

edited March 2018
    He says they would only sell stuff craftable in game.  So someone would be able to craft those dyes and frilly hats

PS: I feel compelled to point out that was your 666th post.
     >:) 
    Post edited by Slapshot1188 on
    NeutralEvilKyleranUngoodLinif

• KyleranKyleran Member LegendaryPosts: 43,498
    edited March 2018
    AnOldFart said:
    AnOldFart said:

*edit*

an example.

You guys are so funny.

Read his earlier stance 

Lol nice try at deflection there.
    He previously said they won't include a cosmetic shop....

But way to ignore my actual point.
    He agreed with someone that they "could" include a cash shop. He  also has stated on multiple occasions (yes I can also do a discord search) that they don't intend to include one.

So he has said
    "Yes I agree we could include a cosmetic shop but at present we have no plans to do one."

*edit*
    btw
    Don't group me with the fan boy, I am reading up on the game and interested but if it fails it's napkin off my nose.
    I am disagreeing with you on this point because you have taken small parts of conversations and taking them out of context to prove your point 
    That's the trouble, his replies are ambiguous thereby leaving the issue open to private interpretation. 

Here is one example from Saga of Lucima of how it should be done.

"Your monthly fee gives you access to 100% of the game.No locked content hidden behind pricing points, no micro-transactions required to give you access to a mailbox or chat abilities, no loot boxes, no cosmetic store…just a flat monthly fee to play the game. "

Now that's clarity. 

;)
    Slapshot1188NeutralEvil

"True friends stab you in the front." | Oscar Wilde 

"I need to finish" - Christian Wolff: The Accountant

Just trying to live long enough to play a new, released MMORPG, playing New Worlds atm

Fools find no pleasure in understanding but delight in airing their own opinions. Pvbs 18:2, NIV

Don't just play games, inhabit virtual worlds™

"This is the most intelligent, well qualified and articulate response to a post I have ever seen on these forums. It's a shame most people here won't have the attention span to read past the second line." - Anon

• TillerTiller Member LegendaryPosts: 11,163

Yeah see that unknown is what kills it. Some may only live 3 months, but more than likely 8, and 12 max if your lucky? What the actual f**k?  What happens if it's only 3 months? I imagine lots of rage quite over this once realty sets in for some people.  So now your subscription is RNG based, congrats backers /golfclap. I can't believe so many people bought into this idea, then again nothing surprises me anymore these days.
    Octagon7711
    SWG Bloodfin vet
    Elder Jedi/Elder Bounty Hunter

Tiller said:

Yeah see that unknown is what kills it. Some may only live 3 months, but more than likely 8, and 12 max if your lucky? What the actual f**k?  What happens if it's only 3 months? I imagine lots of rage quite over this once realty sets in for some people.  So now your subscription is RNG based, congrats backers /golfclap. I can't believe so many people bought into this idea, then again nothing surprises me anymore these days.
    If it only lasts 3 months, you paid an average of $12.00 a month to play the game.

Is that really so bad?

Just trying to live long enough to play a new, released MMORPG, playing New Worlds atm

Fools find no pleasure in understanding but delight in airing their own opinions. Pvbs 18:2, NIV

"This is the most intelligent, well qualified and articulate response to a post I have ever seen on these forums. It's a shame most people here won't have the attention span to read past the second line." - Anon

• KnightFalzKnightFalz Member EpicPosts: 4,166

To look at and compare CoE to other games out there is really not a fair assessment since many aspects of the game have never been attempted with the current technology of today. Caspain has always said that the type of gameplay CoE was offering wasn't going to be attractive to everyone and that they are focused more on an individual demographic of game players rather than the entire gaming community.
    It is of course a fair assessment.  That many aspects of the game haven't been attempted with current technology doesn't make them inherently beyond comparison or critique simply due to their novelty. Further, that a game is designed for a niche audience doesn't guarantee that all aspects of the game will appeal to that niche, so that even those attracted to the concept in general may still have issues of their own to raise.

What Caspian wants to do is all fine and well, but it may not be fully compatible with what must be done to make the game an enduring success.
    AnOldFartLinif
    Tiller said:

It's based on the amount of times you are killed I believe. So everyone starts at 12 months and every death (with no other modifier) is -2 days.

I'm sure that's right but I need to keep reading up so if anyone knows better please say
    AnOldFart said:
    Tiller said:

It's based on the amount of times you are killed I believe. So everyone starts at 12 months and every death (with no other modifier) is -2 days.

I'm sure that's right but I need to keep reading up so if anyone knows better please say
    I believe the amount of life you lose is variable with 2 days being the lowest.

NeutralEvil

AnOldFart said:
    Tiller said:

I believe the amount of life you lose is variable with 2 days being the lowest.

Yeah  I suppose if your character made a career killing kings and nobles their lifespan might be in weeks.

NeutralEvil

• Octagon7711Octagon7711 Member LegendaryPosts: 9,000
    Tiller said:

An expensive subscription fee ranging from 3 to 12 months looks like.  Instead of the usual $15 a month fee charged by most MMO's.  He compares the fee to going to the movies when it should be compared to other MMO's mostly charges to play IMO.  It's not lets go to the movies or play an MMO.

"We all do the best we can based on life experience, point of view, and our ability to believe in ourselves." - Naropa      "We don't see things as they are, we see them as we are."  SR Covey