Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Live event: 80 minutes of Pre-Alpha Character Creation In CoE

2»

Comments

• SovrathSovrath Member LegendaryPosts: 32,003
    Mendel said:

Be assured, those who donated, your money has purchased an industrial level coffee maker.  Too bad, they could only show the pot and not the actual machine.   That fits into the general level of completion for this project and this presentation.

Well, besides the fact someone said this was a gift, as someone who has purchased all sorts of coffee machines for offices, as well as retained a variety of vendors for different coffee/tea machines and products, I can say that in the long run it actually saves money, makes better coffee, and if it grinds its own beans it's better for the environment than a keurig or similar product.

Depending upon how many people are in the office, regular machines break down more and require more maintenance.

In the short run they do cost much more but they don't break down as much.

mystichazeNeutralEvil
    Like Skyrim? Need more content? Try my Skyrim mod "Godfred's Tomb." 

Godfred's Tomb Trailer: https://youtu.be/-nsXGddj_4w

Original Skyrim: https://www.nexusmods.com/skyrim/mods/109547

Try the "Special Edition." 'Cause it's "Special." https://www.nexusmods.com/skyrimspecialedition/mods/64878/?tab=description

Serph toze kindly has started a walk-through. https://youtu.be/UIelCK-lldo 
  • NeutralEvilNeutralEvil Member UncommonPosts: 108
    edited March 2018
    Mendel said:
    Still, 80 minutes for a demonstration of how to move sliders around isn't very informative.  From all I could see, these have no bearing at all on the game.  Like @Wizardy said, forcing one model on all races makes everything look the same.  Is all of the distinctive features, like the clothing discussed by @MadFrenchie and @Mystichaze, only at the conceptual art stage?

Be assured, those who donated, your money has purchased an industrial level coffee maker.  Too bad, they could only show the pot and not the actual machine.   That fits into the general level of completion for this project and this presentation.

Do you really think these look the same?

http://chroniclesofelyria.com/forum/topic/24504/tribal-clothing-concept-brudvir-dras
  • KyleranKyleran Member LegendaryPosts: 43,498
    Maybe Character Creation isn't important to everyone, but trust me when I say it is a very important aspect of a game in Roleplaying communities. And since CoE is a Roleplay game, well need I say more...
    I agree, though I would caution devs on spending too much time on small facial features and, instead, more time on ensuring a creation and cosmetic system that allows players to get the big things right (cloth/leather/plate armor, design of the armor, cloak with/without hood, etc).
    Do you have some inside source that states they are not also spending time on those things as well? It is my understanding that many of these features are getting time as well as the preparation of Alpha one players to enter VoxElyria to start testing the backend mechanics. 
    Not at all, it's just a trend I've seen in adding facial features in character creation that generally are covered or masked in some way by a hood, helm, or hat.

It's been my experience that when I create a character, the hairstyle and clothing items become much more defining than whether my tiny little nose is pointed or rounded.
    Actually, I don't know if it will be a trend for other leaders but those that enter into the Capital of my County, it will be a requirement that all helmets, hoods, and Weapons are removed at the gate.

Of course, every leader will be establishing their own laws within their regions, but because of deviant behavior, I expect this will quickly become the norm. 
    How will your kingdom enforce their dress code "requirements?"

"True friends stab you in the front." | Oscar Wilde 

"I need to finish" - Christian Wolff: The Accountant

Just trying to live long enough to play a new, released MMORPG, playing New Worlds atm

Fools find no pleasure in understanding but delight in airing their own opinions. Pvbs 18:2, NIV

Don't just play games, inhabit virtual worlds™

"This is the most intelligent, well qualified and articulate response to a post I have ever seen on these forums. It's a shame most people here won't have the attention span to read past the second line." - Anon

• AsheramAsheram Member EpicPosts: 5,071
    Actually, I don't know if it will be a trend for other leaders but those that enter into the Capital of my County, it will be a requirement that all helmets, hoods, and Weapons are removed at the gate.

Of course, every leader will be establishing their own laws within their regions, but because of deviant behavior, I expect this will quickly become the norm. 
    Why stop there make it a requirement that all helmets, hoods and heads are removed at the gate.
  • mystichazemystichaze Member UncommonPosts: 378
    Kyleran said:
    Maybe Character Creation isn't important to everyone, but trust me when I say it is a very important aspect of a game in Roleplaying communities. And since CoE is a Roleplay game, well need I say more...
    I agree, though I would caution devs on spending too much time on small facial features and, instead, more time on ensuring a creation and cosmetic system that allows players to get the big things right (cloth/leather/plate armor, design of the armor, cloak with/without hood, etc).
    Do you have some inside source that states they are not also spending time on those things as well? It is my understanding that many of these features are getting time as well as the preparation of Alpha one players to enter VoxElyria to start testing the backend mechanics. 
    Not at all, it's just a trend I've seen in adding facial features in character creation that generally are covered or masked in some way by a hood, helm, or hat.

It's been my experience that when I create a character, the hairstyle and clothing items become much more defining than whether my tiny little nose is pointed or rounded.

How will your kingdom enforce their dress code "requirements?"
    For one, I don't have a Kingdom I have a County and two there isn't a dress code. It is simple, don't show your face, we don't open the gate. :P
  • MendelMendel Member LegendaryPosts: 5,609
    Mendel said:

Had you been paying attention at all, the Coffee Machine was a gift from one of the community members to SBS. Not something SBS bought for themselves... *Lets out a dramatic sigh*
    Okay, I'll admit it.  I was in no way interested in a coffee pot.  So, I skipped ahead to about the 12 minute mark when the actual game discussion started.  So, it was a gift, big deal.  They still didn't show the actual machine, just the glass coffee pot.  That was a indirect analogy for how much the demonstration actually showed, only a part of the product.

If you had recognized the sarcastic nature of the bit you quoted, we wouldn't be having this discussion.  So thanks, I guess, but I'd rather have had an answer to the 'conceptual art' question.  It would be far more interesting and more on the topic of the game, I think.

I felt that seeing only a demonstration of sliders generated facial and body features was a waste of my time, and probably that of many other people.

AnOldFart

Logic, my dear, merely enables one to be wrong with great authority.