Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Developer Chat with Peter Whalen: Echo - Hearthstone Videos - MMORPG.com

SystemSystem Member UncommonPosts: 12,599
edited March 2018 in Videos Discussion

imageDeveloper Chat with Peter Whalen: Echo - Hearthstone Videos - MMORPG.com

Peter Whalen takes to the latest Hearthstone chat to reveal a pair of new cards coming in the Witchwood expansion, the Face Collector and the Warpath. He also discusses the importance of Echo in both early and late game.

Read the full story here

Comments

• WizardryWizardry Member LegendaryPosts: 19,332
    1 Hate people with fake smiles
    2 mentions testing,well this team has done a horrible job of ruining the last few expansions,so who is a doing this awful testing?
    3 in a non interactive game design,you cannot have cards that CHEAT mana,it is terrible stupid idea because your opponent can do NOTHING but sit and watch while you cheat.

I have not seen many cards yet but you can bet a couple classes will get far superior cards that are OP and ruin yet another meta.

In one fell swoop they made sure to give Priest EVERY single tool in the game,yet after MANY seasons Hunter has no card draw,crappy aoe,no way to sweep boards like Priest can with Dusk and Dragon fire.

So the team has done a poor job of fixing and balancing.He mentions FUN,does this guy understand there are TWO players,what might be FUN for one might be enough top make the opponent pissed off,liek they did with Anduin/Raza.

Imo it has been too many seasons,same team,same nonsense,i started watching more MTG instead,a better design.
    BruceYeeAalamrConstantineMerus

Never forget 3 mile Island and never trust a government official or company spokesman.

• AalamrAalamr Member UncommonPosts: 98
    I 100% agree with you, especially about the non interactive part. There is NOTHING fun about watching your opponent do some rediculously broken play and know there is nothing you can do about it. After playing Magic Arena the past few weeks I have realized just how poor a majority of hearthstone cards and mechanics are designed.

Personally I will be giving the next hearthstone expasion a hard pass. I know there will be countless players who enjoy it and Im happy for them but hearthstone is no longer a game for me.
  • IceAgeIceAge Member EpicPosts: 3,120
    Wizardry said:
    2 mentions testing,well this team has done a horrible job of ruining the last few expansions,so who is a doing this awful testing?
    3 in a non interactive game design,you cannot have cards that CHEAT mana,it is terrible stupid idea because your opponent can do NOTHING but sit and watch while you cheat.

I have not seen many cards yet but you can bet a couple classes will get far superior cards that are OP and ruin yet another meta.

In one fell swoop they made sure to give Priest EVERY single tool in the game,yet after MANY seasons Hunter has no card draw,crappy aoe,no way to sweep boards like Priest can with Dusk and Dragon fire.

So the team has done a poor job of fixing and balancing.He mentions FUN,does this guy understand there are TWO players,what might be FUN for one might be enough top make the opponent pissed off,liek they did with Anduin/Raza.

Imo it has been too many seasons,same team,same nonsense,i started watching more MTG instead,a better design.
    I......................don't ............. know .................. how , but this is the FIRST time I actually agree with you!

Geezes :)

Reporter: What's behind Blizzard success, and how do you make your gamers happy?
    Blizzard Boss: Making gamers happy is not my concern, making money.. yes!

• ConstantineMerusConstantineMerus Member EpicPosts: 3,338
    Wizardry said:

You're spot on mate, well said. 
    Constantine, The Console Poster

• "One of the most difficult tasks men can perform, however much others may despise it, is the invention of good games and it cannot be done by men out of touch with their instinctive selves." - Carl Jung