Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Portalarium Preparing for Next Week's Release - Shroud of the Avatar - MMORPG.com

SBFordSBFord Former Associate EditorMember LegendaryPosts: 33,129
edited March 2018 in News & Features Discussion

imagePortalarium Preparing for Next Week's Release - Shroud of the Avatar - MMORPG.com

Shroud of the Avatar News - Portalarium's latest Shroud of the Avatar newsletter is packed with news about next week's launch. The letter provides a timeline for the next update releases, community sponsored events, community created guides and links to relevant material on the official site. Of course, there are also links to the latest free trial offer that allows players to game along any of the available paths.

Read the full story here

¯\_(ツ)_/¯ 

Comments

• MorbeousMorbeous Member UncommonPosts: 86
    Unfortunately i lost interest in this game ages ago. I don't think its even in a releasable state. I logged in the other day to see if it had improved but there are still optimisation issues. Like when entering a town the game just freezes sometimes. This game is nothing like it was first advertised its just a pure cash grab
    EarthgirlIce-Queen
  • LuftwaffenLuftwaffen Member UncommonPosts: 101
    so they are releasing this game as a cash grab .... I see very little interest in this game , is there even a market for a almost MMO, MMO with single player gameplay and weird ass instanced traveling ? and really bad card combat ? and no pvp ? ya that's a no for me
    Ice-Queen
  • TiamatRoarTiamatRoar Member RarePosts: 1,685
    Well at least now hopefully we won't have to listen to that "It's early access!" excuse that some defenders of the game kept on using.
    EarthgirlIce-QueenRawyn
  • CelciusCelcius Member RarePosts: 1,869

so they are releasing this game as a cash grab .... I see very little interest in this game , is there even a market for a almost MMO, MMO with single player gameplay and weird ass instanced traveling ? and really bad card combat ? and no pvp ? ya that's a no for me

There is most certainly a market for it. It is called Warframe. For this game in particular? No.
  • SomeHumanSomeHuman Member UncommonPosts: 560
    Since the game has been funded and is releasing, there is obviously a market for it. The question is how long will that demand last? Does it matter, since it is single-player/multiplayer?

Gaming since 1985; Online gaming since 1995; No End in Sight! My YouTube Channel: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UC8POVoJ8fdOseuJ4U1ZX-oA

• DecardCainDecardCain Member UncommonPosts: 45
    Thee've lost the moment, too much other interesting mmos.
    Rawyn
  • IceAgeIceAge Member EpicPosts: 3,120

SomeHuman said:

Since the game has been funded and is releasing, there is obviously a market for it. The question is how long will that demand last? Does it matter, since it is single-player/multiplayer?

No is not a market for THIS game. It was funded way before people actually knew wtf will they get back.

On ..paper, maybe this game sounded .......awesome , but so ( almost ) all other KS projects. Hope people will realize this and stop supporting shitty projects, like this one.
    GdemamiEarthgirlIce-QueenRawyn

Reporter: What's behind Blizzard success, and how do you make your gamers happy?
    Blizzard Boss: Making gamers happy is not my concern, making money.. yes!

• blorpykinsblorpykins Member RarePosts: 466
    Game isn't even a MMO, why is it still being listed here? They stopped calling themselves a sandbox and a MMO and now market themselves strictly as a multiplayer RPG.
    GdemamiIce-Queen
  • ScotchUpScotchUp Member UncommonPosts: 228
    I have issues with lag even today with the game. I hope they clean all that up. Starter area still has serious lag problems, I hope they clean that up by next week. If not we will see a game crashing big time.
    “The reason I talk to myself is because I’m the only one whose answers I accept.”
    George Carlin
  • KyleranKyleran Member LegendaryPosts: 43,509
    ScotchUp said:
    I have issues with lag even today with the game. I hope they clean all that up. Starter area still has serious lag problems, I hope they clean that up by next week. If not we will see a game crashing big time.
    I have to ask, how well does your rig meet or exceed the recommended system requirements?

RECOMMENDED:
      • Requires a 64-bit processor and operating system
      • Processor: Quad Core Processor 2.4GHz or faster
      • Memory: 12 GB RAM
      • Graphics: DirectX11 Compatible AMD Radeon R9 / NVIDIA GeForce GTX 1080
      • DirectX: Version 11
      • Network: Broadband Internet connection
      • Storage: 22 GB available space
      • Additional Notes: Performance significantly improved with an SSD

"True friends stab you in the front." | Oscar Wilde 

"I need to finish" - Christian Wolff: The Accountant

Just trying to live long enough to play a new, released MMORPG, playing New Worlds atm

Fools find no pleasure in understanding but delight in airing their own opinions. Pvbs 18:2, NIV

Don't just play games, inhabit virtual worlds™

"This is the most intelligent, well qualified and articulate response to a post I have ever seen on these forums. It's a shame most people here won't have the attention span to read past the second line." - Anon

• couponforkcouponfork Member UncommonPosts: 114
    Invest in Legends of Ultima, this steaming pile of crap isn't worth a penny.
    Ice-Queen
  • AeanderAeander Member LegendaryPosts: 7,838
    Celcius said:

There is most certainly a market for it. It is called Warframe. For this game in particular? No.
    What? Warframe has great combat not involving cards. It also has PvP (that no one plays). 
  • NildenNilden Member EpicPosts: 3,916
    Likely to be Richard Garriott's swan song, and that makes me sad.  Modern RPGs owe a lot to that man.
      I think it's more of a death rattle than a swan song...
    Talonsin[Deleted User]EarthgirlIce-Queen

"You CAN'T buy ships for RL money." - MaxBacon

"classification of games into MMOs is not by rational reasoning" - nariusseldon

Love Minecraft. And check out my Youtube channel OhCanadaGamer

Try a MUD today at http://www.mudconnect.com/ 

• SmoeySmoey Member UncommonPosts: 599
    Tried hard to like it, the combat is lacklustre at best.
    EarthgirlIce-Queen

(\ /) ?
    ( . .)
    c('')('')

• VladamirBegemotVladamirBegemot Member UncommonPosts: 100
    Well we're seeing a serious uptick in players already. It's nice, the cities aren't fully yet but the ghost town is gone.

Plus, the asteroid is freaking spectacular.
  • blorpykinsblorpykins Member RarePosts: 466

Well we're seeing a serious uptick in players already. It's nice, the cities aren't fully yet but the ghost town is gone.

Plus, the asteroid is freaking spectacular.

That's amaze-balls. Almost 90 NPC (and PRT) towns, and another 330 or so Player Owned Towns; that's more towns in game than there has been concurrent players since persistence and now there are no ghost towns? Amazing.
    EarthgirlIce-Queen
  • TillerTiller Member LegendaryPosts: 11,167
    Sleeper hit, i'm calling it.
    It definitely put one to sleep.
    KyleranIce-Queen
    SWG Bloodfin vet
    Elder Jedi/Elder Bounty Hunter

• BC_AnimusBC_Animus Member UncommonPosts: 115

Likely to be Richard Garriott's swan song, and that makes me sad.  Modern RPGs owe a lot to that man.

Aye. Garriot was way ahead of his time with his game design back in the day. His Ultima games had open world with day/night cycles, with NPCs that actually have their own lives and routines, and a world with characters that reacts to your actions/moral behaviours. The Elder Scrolls and Dragon Ages and Witchers probably wouldn't be what they are without influences from Garriot's earlier works.
    Earthgirl
  • Panserbjorne39Panserbjorne39 Member UncommonPosts: 142
    This game is loaded with charm and potential. Will be picking it up on the next sale.
    Ice-Queen
  • EarthgirlEarthgirl Member UncommonPosts: 97
    The game WAS loaded with charm and potential, this was before they sold out to the highest bidders, creating something entirely different, which very few will find fun or charming.
    Ice-Queen
  • Panserbjorne39Panserbjorne39 Member UncommonPosts: 142

Earthgirl said:

The game WAS loaded with charm and potential, this was before they sold out to the highest bidders, creating something entirely different, which very few will find fun or charming.

This is why I don't back Kickstarter and ignored the whole crowd source thing and early development entirely. No expectations, no bitterness. People will be enjoying the game, you will not I guess. The Earth will continue spinning and life will go on.
  • ScotchUpScotchUp Member UncommonPosts: 228
    Kyleran said:
    ScotchUp said:
    I have to ask, how well does your rig meet or exceed the recommended system requirements?

RECOMMENDED:
    64-bit processor and operating system. YES
    Processor: I7 920
    Memory 8 GB RAM
    Graphics: Nvidia GTX 650 2GB Ram
    SSD and Network YES

So guessing video card and ram I will need to upgrade.  
    Kyleran
    “The reason I talk to myself is because I’m the only one whose answers I accept.”
    George Carlin
  • KyleranKyleran Member LegendaryPosts: 43,509
    ScotchUp said:
    Kyleran said:
    ScotchUp said:

RECOMMENDED:
    64-bit processor and operating system. YES
    Processor: I7 920
    Memory 8 GB RAM
    Graphics: Nvidia GTX 650 2GB Ram
    SSD and Network YES

So guessing video card and ram I will need to upgrade.  
    Well not necessarily for this game, might not help but your graphics card seems a bit underpowered for gaming in general.

SotA may not run any better on a killer rig but sometimes when folks have performance issues with games their rigs don't quite meet spec.

This games reqs seems a bit steeper than most MMORPGs out today.

"True friends stab you in the front." | Oscar Wilde 

"I need to finish" - Christian Wolff: The Accountant

Just trying to live long enough to play a new, released MMORPG, playing New Worlds atm

Fools find no pleasure in understanding but delight in airing their own opinions. Pvbs 18:2, NIV

Don't just play games, inhabit virtual worlds™

"This is the most intelligent, well qualified and articulate response to a post I have ever seen on these forums. It's a shame most people here won't have the attention span to read past the second line." - Anon

• VladamirBegemotVladamirBegemot Member UncommonPosts: 100
    End of the World Party at the bridge near Central Brittany! Asteroid impact in less than 12 hours!
    RawynLeFantome