Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

VALHALL - Medieval Battle Royale

DauzqulDauzqul Member RarePosts: 1,982
I've seen a lot of crap games on Kickstarter / Indiegogo. This one, however, looks pretty good. I'm shocked that more people aren't backing this project. Zero marketing.

https://www.indiegogo.com/projects/valhall-the-video-game#/

Comments

• ScotScot Member LegendaryPosts: 22,955
    I guess "Valhalla" was not available or something? Shame as Valhall does not exactly spring of the tongue.
  • jusomdudejusomdude Member RarePosts: 2,706
    The only things that come to mind when I hear battle royale at this point are cashgrab and bandwagon.
  • SBFordSBFord Former Associate EditorMember LegendaryPosts: 33,129
    edited March 2018
    Interesting that it's an Indiegogo campaign. Never heard of it before but will look into it :)

Interesting that "Blackrose Arts" leads to their site but that the game that is said to be "what we're working on" seems to be a more sci-fi title called Evertrond.

https://www.blackrosearts.com/

¯\_(ツ)_/¯ 

• VrikaVrika Member LegendaryPosts: 7,888
    SBFord said:

Interesting that "Blackrose Arts" leads to their site but that the game that is said to be "what we're working on" seems to be a more sci-fi title called Evertrond.

Another interesting fact is that $15 dollars give people VALHALL on Steam, with estimated early access release this summer, but if you pay $25 you'll also get beta access to the game.

It's strange that a project planning to release early access this summer, and presumably beta even earlier, isn't giving us any gameplay videos longer than snippets a couple of seconds each. It's also very strange that their website is only talking about another project.

My personal guess is that there's been a project called Evertrond that's gone belly-up, and somehow transformed into Valhall. Personally I would't give them any money at this point. It's better to wait until this summer and Steam's verification that the game exists.
    SBFordPanther2103Scot

• Panther2103Panther2103 Member EpicPosts: 5,766
    Vrika said:
    SBFord said:

Another interesting fact is that $15 dollars give people VALHALL on Steam, with estimated early access release this summer, but if you pay $25 you'll also get beta access to the game.

It's strange that a project planning to release early access this summer, and presumably beta even earlier, isn't giving us any gameplay videos longer than snippets a couple of seconds each. It's also very strange that their website is only talking about another project.

My personal guess is that there's been a project called Evertrond that's gone belly-up, and somehow transformed into Valhall. Personally I would't give them any money at this point. It's better to wait until this summer and Steam's verification that the game exists.
    Seems like the website for EVERTROND is gone now. 

It looks like a bunch of devs that made models and lighting for other games just got together and put whatever they worked on before into VALHALL or EVERTROND (don't know why they always use all caps). 

Honestly it might be real, but I think this is most likely not going to amount to anything. 
  • UngoodUngood Member LegendaryPosts: 7,530
    a melee based battle royal is cool.. would love me a game that got away from the pew pew mechanic being the win, 

But as others have said, things seem a little fishy..

So when this game hits steam.. I'll buy it then.
    Egotism is the anesthetic that dullens the pain of stupidity, this is why when I try to beat my head against the stupidity of other people, I only hurt myself.

Lets say don't buy yet or that that guy will be back who went on and on and on about how MMORPG.com was somehow responsible for that Star Wars(?) scam because they had an article on it and then did a quick follow up saying it was looking very dodgy. :)
  • IceAgeIceAge Member EpicPosts: 3,120
    Dauzqul said:
    I've seen a lot of crap games on Kickstarter / Indiegogo. This one, however, looks pretty good. I'm shocked that more people aren't backing this project. Zero marketing.

https://www.indiegogo.com/projects/valhall-the-video-game#/

Pretty good ? Well .. we gamers and so we humans and so .. different tastes , but I say that this "game" looks very bad. Good editing skills however, along with the soundtrack. 

Reporter: What's behind Blizzard success, and how do you make your gamers happy?
    Blizzard Boss: Making gamers happy is not my concern, making money.. yes!

• VrikaVrika Member LegendaryPosts: 7,888
    Scot said:
    Lets say don't buy yet or that that guy will be back who went on and on and on about how MMORPG.com was somehow responsible for that Star Wars(?) scam because they had an article on it and then did a quick follow up saying it was looking very dodgy. :)
    If you mean Marvel Heroes Rebirth, I don't think I would be back. This project is a bit suspicious, but it's nowhere near the level where Marvel Heroes Rebirth was.
    Scot

Vrika said:
    Scot said:
    If you mean Marvel Heroes Rebirth, I don't think I would be back. This project is a bit suspicious, but it's nowhere near the level where Marvel Heroes Rebirth was.

That's the one I was thinking of, thanks. With the fact there have been scams in the past I think the onus is on any crowd funded project to show it is totally above board.
  • LuftwaffenLuftwaffen Member UncommonPosts: 101
    if done right it could be a lot of fun!  id try it
  • Tyr216Tyr216 Member UncommonPosts: 168
    Scot said:
    I guess "Valhalla" was not available or something? Shame as Valhall does not exactly spring of the tongue.
    Well, it's closer to the Old Norse form "Valhöll".
    Scot

• AlbatroesAlbatroes Member LegendaryPosts: 7,671
    Wouldn't surprise me if the team behind Ark tried a caveman battle royal soon.
    Scot
  • AsheramAsheram Member EpicPosts: 5,071
    Ungood said:
    a melee based battle royal is cool.. would love me a game that got away from the pew pew mechanic being the win, 

Melee based battle royale's out now:

Mount & Blade Warband

Chivalry

In closed alpha: 

MORDHAU 

edited September 2018
    That narrator though lol. :)

They have improved a bit since this thread was opened.

So they switched gears and are releasing a single player version first before the multiplayer mode on October 22nd. Nda will be lifted so will be able to see what they have done.