Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Korean Artist Kim Jung Gi Creates Amazing Battle for Azeroth Mural - World of Warcraft Videos - MMOR

SystemSystem Member UncommonPosts: 12,599
edited March 2018 in Videos Discussion

imageKorean Artist Kim Jung Gi Creates Amazing Battle for Azeroth Mural - World of Warcraft Videos - MMORPG.com

Blizzard Korea has released a new video showcasing the mind-blowing art of Kim Jung Gi as he creates the epic cover art from the World of Warcraft: Battle for Azeroth expansion. The most astonishing part of this time-lapse video is to see the images take shape, all drawn without references. It's a stunning work of art. You won't want to miss seeing its creation. Enjoy.

Read the full story here

Nepheth[Deleted User]

Comments

• SBFordSBFord Former Associate EditorMember LegendaryPosts: 33,129
    I'm utterly floored. What an amazing work of art.
    AsheramAvarixXingbairongNepheth[Deleted User]infomatzjgDuffayValdheim

¯\_(ツ)_/¯ 

• AsheramAsheram Member EpicPosts: 5,071
    Awesome.
    Xingbairong[Deleted User]
  • XingbairongXingbairong Member RarePosts: 927
    I know you shouldn't compare art, but honestly... this is at least 100 times better than most of the art in the Louver not to mention harder to actually pain.
    [Deleted User]Steelhelm
  • cheyanecheyane Member LegendaryPosts: 9,101
    I had goosebumps watching him paint...amazing artist!
    Asheram[Deleted User]Tsiyainfomatz
    Chamber of Chains
  • DragnelusDragnelus Member EpicPosts: 3,503
    I saw it on fb. Couldnt stop watching.

• [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 12,263
    The user and all related content has been deleted.

거북이는 목을 내밀 때 안 움직입니다

• WizardryWizardry Member LegendaryPosts: 19,332
    What is so great about it?We have some art experts in here or something?
    Real people watch the old Bob Ross episodes on Twitch and not some black n white fantasy sketch artist.

There lies the difference,with fantasy there is nothing to draw comparison to because it is fantasy.having to draw art that tries to portray real life is a lot tougher because we critique it based on what we already know.
    I never watched this guy sketch this and i highly doubt anyone else did either,so that makes it all the less important,could be a stencil for all i or anyone else knows.

Google the image and i get a likely software program used "Sketch".
    UkurvinfomatzSplattrCryomatrix

Never forget 3 mile Island and never trust a government official or company spokesman.

• SBFordSBFord Former Associate EditorMember LegendaryPosts: 33,129
    Wizardry said:
    Real people watch the old Bob Ross episodes on Twitch and not some black n white fantasy sketch artist.

There lies the difference,with fantasy there is nothing to draw comparison to because it is fantasy.having to draw art that tries to portray real life is a lot tougher because we critique it based on what we already know.
    I never watched this guy sketch this and i highly doubt anyone else did either,so that makes it all the less important,could be a stencil for all i or anyone else knows.

Wow. I am not often blown away by cynicism, but you've taken it to a whole new level. Bob Ross was a fantastic artist, but the pursuit of art is as open as there are ways to imagine things. That you can't find a single redeeming quality about this man's brilliant work and even insinuate that he used a program to create it defies both logic and reason. I am well and truly stunned.

Do you write things like this for pure trolling giggles? I hope so because the alternative is utterly frightening.
    AsheramNephethTsiyaUkurvinfomatzAvarixValdheim

¯\_(ツ)_/¯ 

• AsheramAsheram Member EpicPosts: 5,071
    Wizardry said:

Thank you for reminding me to watch this again.  :)

SBFordTsiyaValdheim
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 12,263
    The user and all related content has been deleted.

거북이는 목을 내밀 때 안 움직입니다

• NephethNepheth Member RarePosts: 473
    Just ignore him. The only thing he cares about this video is the Blizzard tag. He doesn't need anything else. That's why he is bashing this video. He knows very well that this is an amazing work of art. But he is gladly ignoring the fact because it is Blizzard. You should know this by now. The only thing he saw in this news was Blizzard Ko..... aaaand thats all. After that he probably lost his ability to read and started to see red everywhere.
    [Deleted User]rojoArcueidValdheim
  • rojoArcueidrojoArcueid Member EpicPosts: 10,722

Wizardry said:

you jelly bro? bruh? bra?

• SovrathSovrath Member LegendaryPosts: 32,015
    Wizardry said:

Just when I thought you couldn't get lower and more ignorant you did it. Wow man, you actually did it.

WalkinGlenn[Deleted User]Valdheim
    Like Skyrim? Need more content? Try my Skyrim mod "Godfred's Tomb." 

Godfred's Tomb Trailer: https://youtu.be/-nsXGddj_4w

Original Skyrim: https://www.nexusmods.com/skyrim/mods/109547

Try the "Special Edition." 'Cause it's "Special." https://www.nexusmods.com/skyrimspecialedition/mods/64878/?tab=description

Serph toze kindly has started a walk-through. https://youtu.be/UIelCK-lldo 
  • Solar_ProphetSolar_Prophet Member EpicPosts: 1,960
    Wizardry said:

Steelhelm

AN' DERE AIN'T NO SUCH FING AS ENUFF DAKKA, YA GROT! Enuff'z more than ya got an' less than too much an' there ain't no such fing as too much dakka. Say dere is, and me Squiggoff'z eatin' tonight!

We are born of the blood. Made men by the blood. Undone by the blood. Our eyes are yet to open. FEAR THE OLD BLOOD. 

#IStandWithVic

• winghaven1winghaven1 Member RarePosts: 737

Wizardry said:

Are you okay?
  • CryomatrixCryomatrix Member EpicPosts: 3,223
    That guy is genius, i cant even visualize and draw a straight line properly.

Amazing art work and well done.

To wizardry . . . Take your meds bro.
    Catch me streaming at twitch.tv/cryomatrix
    You can see my sci-fi/WW2 book recommendations. 
  • kitaradkitarad Member LegendaryPosts: 7,919
    Wizardry said:

This is the very last time I will read anything you post.
    Valdheim

• EnsiferEnsifer Member UncommonPosts: 49

Wizardry said:

What a joke

Valdheim
  • SplattrSplattr Member RarePosts: 543
    Wizardry said:

WOW. I saw this post and was about ready to put my two cents in, but saw everyone else already beat me to the punch. Ah what the hell,h might as well give it anyway.

I guess you would think Picasso sucked because his paintings didnt look like real faces? You probably think Pollock was a hack because all he did was splatter paint on a canvans. He probably was just painting his living room wall and it was just an accident.

I must admit though, you did accomplish more than just making yourself feel better about your own lack of talent. You were able to take a group of people who NEVER agree on anything and have united them all under the "What an f-ing idiot" banner.
    Valdheim
  • lahnmirlahnmir Member LegendaryPosts: 5,041
    Wizardry said:

Never change mate. Classic.

/Cheers,
    Lahnmir
    [Deleted User]
    'the only way he could nail it any better is if he used a cross.'

Kyleran on yours sincerely 

'But there are many. You can play them entirely solo, and even offline. Also, you are wrong by default.'

Ikcin in response to yours sincerely debating whether or not single-player offline MMOs exist...

'This does not apply just to ED but SC or any other game. What they will get is Rebirth/X4, likely prettier but equally underwhelming and pointless. 

It is incredibly difficult to design some meaningfull leg content that would fit a space ship game - simply because it is not a leg game.

It is just huge resource waste....'

Gdemami absolutely not being an armchair developer

• ValdheimValdheim Member RarePosts: 614

Nepheth said:

Just ignore him. The only thing he cares about this video is the Blizzard tag. He doesn't need anything else. That's why he is bashing this video. He knows very well that this is an amazing work of art. But he is gladly ignoring the fact because it is Blizzard. You should know this by now. The only thing he saw in this news was Blizzard Ko..... aaaand thats all. After that he probably lost his ability to read and started to see red everywhere.

Funny because the same thing always happens to me when I read "Wizardry said:"
    Either I skip his written diarrhea entirely or sometimes when I feel reckless I even read the first sentence... and regret it right after. But honestly after this I am 100% convinced that he is trolling us and if he does, he's doing a great job! (Probably the only thing he's great at)
    Nepheth