Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Improvements Coming to the UI to Provide More Immersive Play - Dauntless News

SBFordSBFord Former Associate EditorMember LegendaryPosts: 33,129
edited March 2018 in News & Features Discussion

imageImprovements Coming to the UI to Provide More Immersive Play - Dauntless News

The Dauntless site has been updated with a new developer diary to shine the light on forthcoming changes to the UI. Most notably, developers want to create a sense of immersion where the UI plays a part rather than being seen as a separate entity. In addition, the art and design teams are working hard to keep a minimalist, yet robust UI available for both PC players and console players.

Read the full story here

¯\_(ツ)_/¯ 

Comments

• SlyLoKSlyLoK Member RarePosts: 2,698
    I'm going to have to try this at some point
  • ScellowScellow Member RarePosts: 398
    They give you a full HD screenshot and you give us a fucking low res screenshot

Here you go: https://playdauntless.com/images/march-ui-updates-radialmenu-dauntless.jpg
    SBFordmarganculos3domsakinol
  • SBFordSBFord Former Associate EditorMember LegendaryPosts: 33,129
    Scellow said:

Here you go: https://playdauntless.com/images/march-ui-updates-radialmenu-dauntless.jpg
    1) No need for profanity
    2) The hero image that is at the head of the article isn't designed to be a hi-res image, hence why the link to the full article is provided.

* eye roll *

¯\_(ツ)_/¯ 

• thighhighsthighhighs Member UncommonPosts: 32
    edited March 2018
    lmfao the hud wheel is gigantic. is it designed for those blind old folks?
  • 3dom3dom Member RarePosts: 889

Scellow said:

No point to emphasis hi-rez than the game consist of low-poly primitives. It's not Monster Hunter World after all.

Thank you for your time!

• DAOWAceDAOWAce Member UncommonPosts: 432
    Did they fix the Vert- FoV scaling yet?
  • MyrdynnMyrdynn Member RarePosts: 2,479
    hate all games with wheel type choices, such a cluster f when actually playing and trying to remember where to hover the damn mouse

I am all for clean UI's and such, but there is nothing wrong with a D3 type UI
  • MadFrenchieMadFrenchie Member LegendaryPosts: 8,505
    Torval said:
    I haven't played this so I don't know if their UI changes are good or not. However, the fact they get how important UI is to immersion and a great player experience speaks well. It is amazing how many devs don't get that or choose to pretend it's not true. Some probably think they're good at it, when they're not, and maybe want to cut cost corners by skipping adding an interface expert to their team.
    While I agree, radial wheels strike me as a poor UI choice, at least for my own tastes.  I'm hoping that's not something they're forcing players to use without alternative.

I've not particularly enjoyed that system on console nor PC when I've experienced it.