Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Ni no Kuni II: The First Steps - General Columns

SBFordSBFord Former Associate EditorMember LegendaryPosts: 33,129
edited March 2018 in News & Features Discussion

imageNi no Kuni II: The First Steps - General Columns

I dove into Ni no Kuni II with few expectations. While the first game was well received I did not play it. So while I'm hopeful this second entry into the franchise will be good I do not come attached with any preconceived notions.

Read the full story here

¯\_(ツ)_/¯ 

Comments

• DiscipledOneDiscipledOne Member UncommonPosts: 103
    I am so excited for this game!
  • WarlyxWarlyx Member EpicPosts: 3,364
    that combat system ugh...hope is fun and challening , but im sure i would prefer if they just improved the 1 game combat :/
    kertin
  • WizardryWizardry Member LegendaryPosts: 19,332
    Looks interesting but the idea of tons of fetch me quests,kind of turns me off.I seriously hate that MOST developers think "let's make a rpg" ok lets add tons of fetch me quests.I really want MOST quests in a game to be very long and feel like a quest and not go kill this or that or fetch me this or that.

Example "a quest for the Holy Grail".So perhaps find a crew,attain some gold,build a ship,craft weapons,seek knowledge to seek your holy grail.

Never forget 3 mile Island and never trust a government official or company spokesman.

• zanzarothzanzaroth Member UncommonPosts: 40
    great to see that they changed the bad turn based combat from the first game into real time tales combat
  • FusionFusion Member UncommonPosts: 1,398

zanzaroth said:

great to see that they changed the bad turn based combat from the first game into real time tales combat

100% of Ni No Kuni 1 fans would disagree.
    JeffSpicoli
    http://neocron-game.com/ - now totally F2P no cash-shops or micro transactions at all.
  • JeffSpicoliJeffSpicoli Member EpicPosts: 2,849

zanzaroth said:

I liked the turn based combat, as a matter of fact that along with the change to pokemon style collecting has me passing on this till a steam sale in a year or so .
    • Aloha Mr Hand !