Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Star Citizen - 10 for the Chairman Series

Comments

• ErillionErillion Member EpicPosts: 10,297
    CIG has added a second Q&A session to the Land Claim Topic

https://robertsspaceindustries.com/comm-link/engineering/16319-Q-A-UEE-Land-Claim-Licenses-Part-2

A lot of additional questions answered e.g.

"Will it be limited or controlled how much land a person or org can claim?

There is no limit to how much land an individual player or organization can claim. However, there are enormous quantities of land available and players wanting to maximize the likelihood of earning a return on their investment will need to be selective. Further, the difficulty and expense of procuring, exploiting, and protecting that land increases with the area, meaning that most organizations will reach a natural limit as to how much property they can effectively control based upon their size."

or if you can kill someone that puts a foot on your property without invitation.

Have fun

• KefoKefo Member EpicPosts: 4,229
    Why am I not surprised CIG will take this opportunity to push more ship sales?
  • BabuinixBabuinix Member EpicPosts: 4,265
    A business doing business, how surprising.  :D
    You mean a business continuing to milk it’s customers. Didn’t you say in another thread this game is paid off until 2020? So now they are just lining their own bank accounts by your admission.
    Not the game. The studios. Rest is for further episodes of Squadron 42 and server costs.

I read it in a blog.
    Babuinix said:
    Not the game. The studios. Rest is for further episodes of Squadron 42 and server costs.

I read it in a blog.
    When I say game it’s implied studios since that’s where the game is made. So how expensive are the server costs and how exactly is SC going to continue to pay said costs when people lose interest in it? Also link to blog please
    That's info only CIG and Amazon know.

Why would people lose interest in something they have shown so much interest before?
    Babuinix said:

Why would people lose interest in something they have shown so much interest before?
    So if it’s info only CIG and Amazon know then how can you make claims about what the money will be used for?

They will lose interest when “the game” is finally released and it’s nothing like they were hyped to believe. They pull in so much money because they can sell dreams that sound awesome on paper but once they try it in game it’s just bland and probably already been done before and better by someone else
    rankor2Babuinix
    edited March 2018
    Kefo said:
    Babuinix said:

So if it’s info only CIG and Amazon know then how can you make claims about what the money will be used for?

They will lose interest when “the game” is finally released and it’s nothing like they were hyped to believe. They pull in so much money because they can sell dreams that sound awesome on paper but once they try it in game it’s just bland and probably already been done before and better by someone else
    Same way you can make claims about how that "the game is finally released and it’s nothing like they were hyped to believe"... "it’s just bland and probably already been done before and better by someone else"

;)
    Post edited by Babuinix on
    Babuinix said:
    Kefo said:
    Babuinix said:

Same way you can make claims about how that "the game is finally released and it’s nothing like they were hyped to believe"... "it’s just bland and probably already been done before and better by someone else"

;)
    Well see mine was an opinion. You worded it like you knew what you were talking about and even mentioned you read it somewhere in a blog. I look slightly silly for the way I worded it and you look like you always have by trying to pass off made up stats as facts.

and queue the back peddling and passing blame.
    edited March 2018
    So rules change if it's not a "CIG is doomed"  narrative?

Guess who started this "opinions as facts" narrative:
    Babuinix said:
    Cmon people. Only 8k short of 180$Million. Keep it up.
    Well it's about 1/3rd of what they need to pay for monthly studio costs. So c'mon people indeed.
    We've got people shouting, preaching even wishing for CIG / Star Citizen demise for years now, using all kinds of "made up logic and facts" again and again...

Yet here we are... :p
    rpmcmurphy
  • rpmcmurphyrpmcmurphy Member EpicPosts: 3,502
    edited March 2018
    Babuinix said:
    So rules change if it's not a "CIG is doomed"  narrative?

Guess who started this "opinions as facts" narrative:
    Babuinix said:
    Cmon people. Only 8k short of 180$Million. Keep it up.
    Well it's about 1/3rd of what they need to pay for monthly studio costs. So c'mon people indeed.
    We've got people shouting, preaching even wishing for CIG / Star Citizen demise for years now, using all kinds of "made up logic and facts" again and again...

Yet here we are... :p

That's not an opinion stated as fact. That is using Foundry 42's financials to make an informed opinion as to what costs are for CIG.

It cost Foundry 42 £17.5 million for 221 staff, that's $23.5 million, CIG now have over twice that number of staff on their books.

They have also said their US counterparts are considerably more expensive than their EU staff which could easily negate the tax breaks they receive from the UK therefore it is still costing them a considerable amount per month. $47 million per year for 475 staff is almost $4 million per month.

If you want to claim the numbers are less then show it instead of resorting to ELE, "made up logic and facts", 90 days and whatever other slurs you want to throw around.
    In case you don't understand I am not saying they are running out of money, they would be laying off staff if that was the case, I am not saying 90 days, ELE or any of that crap, I am simply saying $1 million a month is woefully short for maintaining 475 staff. It was a comment to add some perspective to your celebratory "Take that haterz, CIG are rolling in it" bullcrap.

Kefo
    edited March 2018
    I am simply saying $1 million a month is woefully short for maintaining 475 staff. It was a comment to add some perspective to your celebratory "Take that haterz, CIG are rolling in it" bullcrap.
    I celebrated CIG reaching 180$ million and you hand-waved some "studio cost" like it meant something... lol

Some months they get more from pledges some months they earn less. Same as any other business.

Also it's kinda naive to think pledges is the only revenue they have. Specially considering that having millions in the bank allows for some sweet leverage of wealth and they've partnered with the likes of Amazon and Intel.

But hey if there's any the 00000.1% chance of spreading some doomsday we know by now who are the guys got that will push it.

Maybe this year is the year.....

Meanwhile I'll just keep enjoying the development and keep celebrating each and every million like it was the first! B)
    rpmcmurphy
    Babuinix said:
    I am simply saying $1 million a month is woefully short for maintaining 475 staff. It was a comment to add some perspective to your celebratory "Take that haterz, CIG are rolling in it" bullcrap.
    I celebrated CIG reaching 180$ million and you hand-waved some "studio cost" like it meant something... lol

Some months they get more from pledges some months they earn less. Same as any other business.

Also it's kinda naive to think pledges is the only revenue they have. Specially considering that having millions in the bank allows for some sweet leverage of wealth and they've partnered with the likes of Amazon and Intel.

But hey if there's any the 00000.1% chance of spreading some doomsday we know by now who are the guys got that will push it.

Maybe this year is the year.....

Meanwhile I'll just keep enjoying the development and keep celebrating each and every million like it was the first! B)

Ah yes, go on buddy act like $1 million pays for 475 staff, that's really logical when financial records show the opposite. Put up or shut up.

One minute you're griping about "opinions as facts", "made up logic as facts" and then the next you're throwing them around as if they mean something.
    You have no proof that they have "millions in the bank" for "sweet leverage of wealth" and that their "patnership" with Amazon and Intel is raking in cash for CIG lol

You've been spending too much time around the zealots on the subreddit and bought that shit hook line and sinker. Sucker.
    edited March 2018
    There you go... that resentfulness showing off in full swing lol
    Let it all out...c'mon...Now take a deep breathe and acknowledge this simple fact:

- Fluctuating income is a thing in many businesses:

While some months CIG funding from pledges can be little above the +1~million mark there will be other months were it will be way higher.

So maybe the best is just relax and stop worrying about CIG and their staff and actually be happy that the ongoing support from backers money allows them to continuously and actively recruit more developers to bring us a better game while creating more jobs in the industry.

We wouldn't want CIG to layoff people right before Christmas like other companies did in the past now would we? ;)

Sauce: https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1tMAP0fg-AKScI3S3VjrDW3OaLO4zgBA1RSYoQOQoNSI/edit#gid=510405882
    Babuinix said:

Let it all out...c'mon...Now take a deep breathe and acknowledge this simple fact:

While some months CIG funding from pledges can be little above the +1~million mark there will be other months were it will be way higher.

So maybe the best is just relax and stop worrying about CIG and their staff and actually be happy that the ongoing support from backers money allows them to continuously and actively recruit more developers to bring us a better game while creating more jobs in the industry.

We wouldn't want CIG to layoff people right before Christmas like other companies did in the past now would we?

Sauce: https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1tMAP0fg-AKScI3S3VjrDW3OaLO4zgBA1RSYoQOQoNSI/edit#gid=510405882
    So your proof about millions in the bank and leveraging of wealth is to show the funding tracker that doesn’t actually show how much money they have in the bank or if the “partnerships” are as lucrative you think they are.

So alternative facts it is then 
    edited March 2018
    Well we're just sharing opinions right?

Nobody really knows for sure what's going on so all it's left to do is speculate.

But being afraid of everything bad that can possible occur is the wrong stance when dealing with a crowdfunded venture.... Risk are an inherent part of it, you can succumb to the fear of failing and never do anything meaningful or say fuck it and just go for it lol

Just my opinion ofc.
    Erillion
    Babuinix said:
    Well we're just sharing opinions right?

Nobody really knows for sure what's going on so all it's left to do is speculate.

But being afraid of everything bad that can possible occur is the wrong stance when dealing with a crowdfunded venture.... Risk are an inherent part of it, you can succumb to the fear of failing and never do anything meaningful or say fuck it and just go for it lol

Just my opinion ofc.
    See now you’re being reasonable. Your earlier posts not so much
    Octagon7711rpmcmurphy
    edited March 2018
    Babuinix said:

We wouldn't want CIG to layoff people right before Christmas like other companies did in the past now would we? ;)

My resentfulness is my intolerance for stupidity.

If half a pint costs $1.50 it is perfectly reasonable to assume that a full pint costs close to $3, you however want to say that someone claiming a full pint costs $3 is using "made up logic as facts" just out some weird denialism against your darling project being held under a bright light.

Likewise, if half of CIG's studio cost $23.5 million to run for the year it is perfectly logical to say that all of CIG's studios cost close to double that. How you can claim otherwise is beyond me.

I completely agree there are months where funding is higher, we see this all the time with the sales during/after events etc but that is not relevent to what I posted.
    I simply said that $1 million from the last 3 weeks funding is less than 1/3rd of their required monthly income which is a truthful statement that you have some weird issue with, you talk about resentfulness but it is you who is resentful of that being pointed out, it is you who has continually making arguments and throwing slurs around in a pathetic attempt to throw shade on some basic maths.
    Babuinix
    edited March 2018
    Oh dear... 

Tell me you aren't comparing a 5 studio around the world video-game business with fluctuating costs, expenses and gains to buying Pints in a bar...

Really? How many ou had when you came up with that "bright assumption"?  :D

That's some desperate confirmation bias to the tune of what the old grand smartie papa did back in 2015 when he started the whole "CIG is hurting financially and will collapse in 90 days" lol  

I wonder why CIG would focus most of it's expenses in the UK'studio where it can get the most tax relief....   ;) 
    rpmcmurphy
    edited March 2018
    Babuinix said:
    Oh dear... 

Tell me you aren't comparing a 5 studio around the world video-game business with fluctuating costs, expenses and gains to buying Pints in a bar...

Really? How many ou had when you came up with that "bright assumption"?  :D

That's some desperate confirmation bias to the tune of what the old grand smartie papa did back in 2015 when he started the whole "CIG is hurting financially and will collapse in 90 days" lol  

I wonder why CIG would focus most of it's expenses in the UK'studio where it can get the most tax relief....   ;) 

I always laugh at how desperately personal you want to make things when you have nothing useful to add or any facts to prove someone is wrong, all you do is throw around slurs as though they refute any and all points, reminds me of a Trump supporter.

Here's a video chosen especially for you

Babuinix
    Neglecting the fact that Star Citizen is in alpha stage of it's development and comparing it with released games is a big flaw in that narrative lol

Anyway I have a video for you to: 

B) 
    rpmcmurphy
  • sgelsgel Member EpicPosts: 2,197
    Babuinix said:
    Neglecting the fact that Star Citizen is in alpha stage of it's development and comparing it with released games is a big flaw in that narrative lol

Well that doesn't stop you from doing it all the time.
    Babuinix

..Cake..

sgel said:
    Babuinix said:

Well that doesn't stop you from doing it all the time.
    Why would it? The problem is not the act of comparing it's the premise of what's being compared.

"Hurr durr X (alpha) game has bugs and bad performance while Y (released) game does not"

While ignoring that one is in alpha stage of its development and other is released the narrative is inherently flawed from the start.

Not really rocket science is it...