Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Studio "mortified" that folks are using their pay to reserve a name system to "troll" other players

1235»

Comments

• UngoodUngood Member LegendaryPosts: 7,530
    I personally don't have a problem with him, but I'll just say there are very good reasons why people don't like Maulvorn, and leave it at that.  Guy gets enough shit thrown his way on the CoE website, no need to add to it here. 
    Well it's not my creed to hate someone before I meet them.. so.. we shall see if I put a dagger in his ass in game or not...
    Blaze_Rocker
    Egotism is the anesthetic that dullens the pain of stupidity, this is why when I try to beat my head against the stupidity of other people, I only hurt myself.

• AshyLarry24AshyLarry24 Member UncommonPosts: 208
    Ungood said:
    I personally don't have a problem with him, but I'll just say there are very good reasons why people don't like Maulvorn, and leave it at that.  Guy gets enough shit thrown his way on the CoE website, no need to add to it here. 
    Well it's not my creed to hate someone before I meet them.. so.. we shall see if I put a dagger in his ass in game or not...
    Lol, you'll have to wait your turn, dude has quite a list of enemies.
    Blaze_RockerUngoodmystichaze
  • mystichazemystichaze Member UncommonPosts: 378
    edited March 2018
    Ungood said:
    Lol, you'll have to wait your turn, dude has quite a list of enemies.
    If he was smart he just wouldn't tell anyone which Character is his since there is no way to connect a Players login with Character names. :) But he has pretty thick skin. I have seen him take a shit load of abuse and yet he just keeps plugging forward. Myself, I have absolutely nothing against him, he has always been good to me. 
    Kyleran
  • OrangeBoyOrangeBoy Member UncommonPosts: 213
    I've seen what he's posted and what others have posted in respect to him. 

From what I can gather, both sides have too much time on their hands
    Blaze_RockerKyleran
  • MyrdynnMyrdynn Member RarePosts: 2,479
    isnt this why we see names like Aragornnnn
    Blaze_Rocker
  • RenoakuRenoaku Member EpicPosts: 3,157
    edited March 2018
    I actually got an invite to a kingdom already if I buy the game I have been looking into the game, but not sure about spending $800 yet I wish there was at least a trial in Early Access so players would know if they should back based off what they see even if the login time were only 30 minutes to get previews at random points in development.

As far as they described it though anyone can lose a kingdom if people don't defend it as well as people can get kicked out of their own kingdom and such, and its supposed to be heavily based around Role-Play?

So basically like Kings, and then other ranks below it or something.
    Kyleran
  • KyleranKyleran Member LegendaryPosts: 43,498
    Renoaku said:
    I actually got an invite to a kingdom already if I buy the game I have been looking into the game, but not sure about spending $800 yet I wish there was at least a trial in Early Access so players would know if they should back based off what they see even if the login time were only 30 minutes to get previews at random points in development.

As far as they described it though anyone can lose a kingdom if people don't defend it as well as people can get kicked out of their own kingdom and such, and its supposed to be heavily based around Role-Play?

Yes, just like that, you missed your chance to be a king, (only $20K) but you can still be part of the 3 month headstart and "build" the world along with the other nobility for the "benefit" of the plebes who will worship at your feet at launch. 

I know you like to go big when it comes to P2W but advantages are only sold pre launch, not post so you will have little to spend your cash on.

Please, read up some more on this game before buying in as the Devs have said everything you buy is  lootable, destructable or can be taken from. 

I haven't seen many of the major powers (like Goons) interested in this game yet

My bet is if they do the newcomers will sweep the entire game of all of the pre launch nobility and take all of their kingdoms from them in under a year.

But hey, if you have the cash, as J.G.Wentworth might say, "its your money,  spend on what you want."

"True friends stab you in the front." | Oscar Wilde 

"I need to finish" - Christian Wolff: The Accountant

Just trying to live long enough to play a new, released MMORPG, playing New Worlds atm

Fools find no pleasure in understanding but delight in airing their own opinions. Pvbs 18:2, NIV

Don't just play games, inhabit virtual worlds™

"This is the most intelligent, well qualified and articulate response to a post I have ever seen on these forums. It's a shame most people here won't have the attention span to read past the second line." - Anon

• Tiamat64Tiamat64 Member RarePosts: 1,545
    There isn't anything to actually early-access up right now nor will there be for possibly forever considering that apparently the only thing they actually have right now is a character editor (which kinda looks like it was designed for parents to scare their children with).
    edited March 2018
    Renoaku said:

First off I just want to say that you don't need to spend $800 to purchase the game. The necessary cost of purchasing the game is only $45. My suggestion to you is to get to know more about the game through their forums, Q&As Videos and discord before making any kind of decision of purchase. There is a vast amount of information to cover before one can make an informed decision. It took me nearly a year of researching before making a decision to pledge.

In addition, if you are really not comfortable pledging to a game that is still in development then wait till the game has launched before purchasing. There is no rush or need to make rash decisions. Maybe talk to the Kingdom that is recruiting you about your interests and what you would like to do in-game and they might be able to find a suitable place for your desired playstyle. 

I know within my County I am more than willing to help players get started in the areas they want to play in.  And I am sure I am not the only Count that feels that way. 

Unfortunately, you are not going to gain early access without taking a leap of faith and paying for it. So it all boils down to what you are comfortable doing. 

Post edited by mystichaze on
    KyleranAnOldFart
  • UngoodUngood Member LegendaryPosts: 7,530
    Kyleran said:
    Renoaku said:

Yes, just like that, you missed your chance to be a king, (only $20K) but you can still be part of the 3 month headstart and "build" the world along with the other nobility for the "benefit" of the plebes who will worship at your feet at launch. 

I know you like to go big when it comes to P2W but advantages are only sold pre launch, not post so you will have little to spend your cash on.

Please, read up some more on this game before buying in as the Devs have said everything you buy is  lootable, destructable or can be taken from. 

I haven't seen many of the major powers (like Goons) interested in this game yet

My bet is if they do the newcomers will sweep the entire game of all of the pre launch nobility and take all of their kingdoms from them in under a year.

But hey, if you have the cash, as J.G.Wentworth might say, "its your money,  spend on what you want."

I hear this all the time about how the "Goons" are going to do this and that.. and to be honest, I  don't think this game is going to be a good place for them or those kinds of players.

I think that whole lack of any safe spots, having a means to secure your belongings, or even being able to log off to safety, (And those kinds of features are a must for trolls and gankers, who want to keep things on their terms) makes this game a lot less desirable then a game like EvE for example.
    mystichaze
    Egotism is the anesthetic that dullens the pain of stupidity, this is why when I try to beat my head against the stupidity of other people, I only hurt myself.

Tiamat64 said:
    There isn't anything to actually early-access up right now nor will there be for possibly forever considering that apparently the only thing they actually have right now is a character editor (which kinda looks like it was designed for parents to scare their children with).
    Actually, VoxElyria which is a platform used for testing the back-end mechanics of the game is expected to be out within the next couple of months. Sorry to hear that you didn't enjoy the pre-alpha version of the Character Creator. I know it was a huge hit within the community and those that have pledged to support the game.  With up to 650 people watching it live.