Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Word of Warning to Non-Crafters

Horizons is a game that relies very heavily on the player economy.

What that means to you non-crafters out there is that many of the items you would want to buy to advance your Adventuring career aren't going to be ready when you are, or if you can buy them from a Pawn Broker they are very expensive.  I suggest you might want to let the crafting community build up some steam before you start to play unless you are really interested in crafting and are willing to make what you need from time to time.  It's not always necessary, but there's nothing more frustrating than wanting to buy the next level of weapon and finding it's nowhere to be found.

Comments

• KiamdeKiamde Member CommonPosts: 5,820

What are you talking about? The crafting community is huge. Also you know the consigner, where you give your items to so players can browse and buy them? Check there. You will find a lot of cheap quest items, weapons, armor, ect. there.

imageKiamdeimage

"Whoever controls the media controls the mind..-'Jim Morrison"

"When decorum is repression, the only dignity free men have is to speak out." ~Abbie Hoffman

And when are you checking? I know many players that can make iron weapons, which are the second level in weaponsmithing. You need to check your facts.

imageKiamdeimage

"When decorum is repression, the only dignity free men have is to speak out." ~Abbie Hoffman

• teratyateratya Member UncommonPosts: 347
    Right on Kiamde. I am a crafter and I am having a hard time making good cash because the market is flooded with items, forcing prices down. My adventurer is LOADED for his level because prices are so low.

John - "Looks like your going to have to close it yourself, SHITTY!!!!"

John - "Looks like your going to have to close it yourself, SHITTY!!!!"

• ianubisiianubisi Member Posts: 4,201

Kiamde, calm down a bit.  I'm not saying there aren't any crafters out there.  What I'm saying is that there are plenty of things that the Consigner doesn't have.  Didn't have my Bronze Rune Stylus.  Didn't have my Spiritist spells.  Etc...

In other words, if you expect everything the be there, I suggest waiting for a month or so while people start stocking the Consigner up with the less-common goods that wll still fetch a price.

Why don't you check other consigners.

imageKiamdeimage

• QuessQuess Member Posts: 78

hmm... try to use the player search funtion. and find the crafter you need and give him/her a tell

you can only have 5 item's at the consiner at any one time,  so the consiner well never have every thing. give em a tell and ask if the can make what you need and aggre on a price.

it is a alot easyer then waiting for it to drop in youre lab.

so i am a addict .. i can live with it =)

can you ?

I just saw a 3rd tier sword at Dalimond-10 silver. Also anyone see the lvl 35 elemental archer on dawn? 35!!image

imageKiamdeimage

• RJCoxRJCox Member Posts: 2,686

35? sheesh...

Kunou
    GM - Desolation
    www.desolation-guild.org/genforum

Richard J. Cox
    "There were much of the beautiful, much of the wanton, much of the bizarre, something of the terrible, and not a little of that which might have excited disgust."

• killerTwinkiekillerTwinkie Member CommonPosts: 1,694
    It all depends on the servers i'm guessing.  Kiamde has the right idea though.  So do the others that decided participate in this thread.  Send them a tell, it works magic image

- MMORPG.COM STAFF -

KillerTwinkie - That one guy who used to mod mmorpg.com's forums.

• GroobenGrooben Member Posts: 5

Game doesn't really rely heavily, so much as just rely.

I don't know, maybe it's just me, but I think killing a monster and finding the formula to his weapon is a little bit, well, retarded.  Were I to kill a monster, I think I'd pick up his weapon, not figure out how to build it.

Horizons lacked everything unique and original, and relied on dragons as a playable race to make the game work.  Player economy is great - if you have a choice.  Horizons, you have technically no choice.

Don't buy HZ, don't support HZ.  The ideas are weak and overused, and dragons didn't impress me.

There are points in your life when you look back at a certain time in your life when you were happy, & you can't remember anything specific except happiness.
    I miss those days, and I still love you.

That was a great opinion, in fact, the best I have seen in days...that is before you said don't buy it. Please stop using that phrase. Say "I disliked it" or "Not for everyone" because I like it and I find that comment very unprofessional.image

imageKiamdeimage

• GroobenGrooben Member Posts: 5

You make a good point.

*DO* buy it, maybe Artifact will improve upon the game with the funds you supply them with purchases of the retail box and subscription(s).

Plus there were plenty of people around who seemed to be plenty interested in playing it.  Though I personally will never understand why, I don't understand most people.

Geforce FX, yippee!  Bah, buy a Quadro!  You can't teach people, I swear!

Also, I don't know if it's improved, but on a 2500+ barton, 256 2-3-3-6 corsair pc2700, radeon7500 64meg card, I had horrible frames, no matter the settings, on HZ.

There are points in your life when you look back at a certain time in your life when you were happy, & you can't remember anything specific except happiness.
    I miss those days, and I still love you.

• ianubisiianubisi Member Posts: 4,201

I don't contest you can find it if you seek it enough, but I have a feeling there are plenty of players out there that aren't going to have that kind of patience...and their initial reaction to not finding a quality upgrade they expect will be disappointment.

Given a short period of time, when people really get the hang of things and set up their own systems, these things will be less an issue.  The economy will be established, items will be readily available, and expert crafters will gain some reknown for their wares and abilities.

The point I wanted to express was not that the system was flawed...just that it is very new, and still gaining its roots.  Once it does, I think there will be more for those that want to hit the ground running without any forced crafting action.  Mind you, for me this is almost paradise as I'd rather do it all myself anyway.

• RaylRayl Member Posts: 8
    Agreed. From what I've seen *I'm a figher) it'll be a while before the crafters make enough good stuff that you'll start to se it regularly at the vendors. As stated, the 5 item limit will also slow this process down. But, that's what makes it fun. Always checking back to see if that 'next bigger' item is available. I think it's working well so far. Example. I personally have not seen any iron for sale on the npcs but I know some crafters are/can make it as are selling it directly. Upper level bronze stuff is still rare, and even rarer with 2nd spells. etc. Assuming the crafting ill slow during the iron phase it ought to be 2-4 months before go iron product is a regular in the nps. A silver down the road. :-) Seems to be working well so far.