Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Pantheon about todays live stream

Comments

• AlBQuirkyAlBQuirky Member EpicPosts: 7,432
    AlBQuirky said:

Players these days ...
    Some of them were also playing back then, UO, EQ, AC1. You aren't the only veteran here.

Actually, even people who joined the genre later during Vanilla WoW are still part of those people who know it wasn't always about AOEing 5+ same level mobs at once and surviving. Even back then you still had to be careful with your pulls, and elite mobs were actually elite and would kill you.
    And yet, the combat is not what you like, which is all well and good. You seek more of an action style combat that EQ1/Vanguard never had.

And yes, you can post wherever you like. I still have to ask if your expectations were reasonable.

- Al

Personally the only modern MMORPG trend that annoys me is the idea that MMOs need to be designed in a way to attract people who don't actually like MMOs. Which to me makes about as much sense as someone trying to figure out a way to get vegetarians to eat at their steakhouse.
    - FARGIN_WAR

edited March 2018
    AlBQuirky said:
    AlBQuirky said:
    Flyte27 said:
    It looks pretty similar to EQ combat.
    Which is terrible. Bringing back something almost 20 years old can't end well.
    There are games which have set the milestones for modern MMO combat. That doesn't mean simplification, that can involve the complexity of "old school" (disputable...), but that means top notch hand/eye synchronization and the feeling that your actions have a tangible repercussion on screen immediately.
    I want that dagger or sword to actually feel like it hits the enemy. Not like I'm just swinging a stick in the air.
    That is a big part of why that live stream is so boring.
    And that's a huge reason I hate modern MMOs. For me, my twitch skill takes away every last bit of RPG. I'm not even a backer of Pantheon, but from what I've seen it has me at the very least interested in MMORPGs again. The lack of summer-salting, plate wearing melee fighters is a humongous plus, in my book.

So don't play it. It's clearly not for you. Lots and lots of other MMOs already released that fit your preference better.

The best about that combat? The players actually chatted with each other!
    Except that I'm NOT talking about twitch combat.
    True. You want "action combat" which what I was referring to.
    Wrong again. Stop assuming.
     That doesn't mean simplification, that can involve the complexity of "old school" (disputable...), but that means top notch hand/eye synchronization and the feeling that your actions have a tangible repercussion on screen immediately.
    I just mean WYSIWYG (what you see is what you get) combat, a standard since like 10+ years now. I don't mean action combat at all. Immersion in a RPG also includes a bit of realism, and sorry, if in 2000 a characters swinging his sword in the air hitting nothing was acceptable, nowadays it's a bit harder to accept with the tremendous progress of gaming engines.
    Granted, my "hand/eye coordination" thing may be confusing. What I mean is you press a key, you get a result on screen (if the spell is available of course), and you actually hit your target. You don't slash your weapon in the air several seconds after your keypress.
    AlBQuirky said:

But knowing (guessing?) what Pantheon is all about and who is creating it, were your expectations possible?
    You have no idea about my expectations, and we are in the Pub here, I will discuss whatever topic that comes up I feel like discussing, whether my opinion is positive or negative.
    Bolded, italicized, and underlined what told me, "I want action combat." I did not assume. You said clearly how I describe action combat.

- Al

Personally the only modern MMORPG trend that annoys me is the idea that MMOs need to be designed in a way to attract people who don't actually like MMOs. Which to me makes about as much sense as someone trying to figure out a way to get vegetarians to eat at their steakhouse.
    - FARGIN_WAR

AlBQuirky said:
    AlBQuirky said:
    AlBQuirky said:
    Flyte27 said:
    There are games which have set the milestones for modern MMO combat. That doesn't mean simplification, that can involve the complexity of "old school" (disputable...), but that means top notch hand/eye synchronization and the feeling that your actions have a tangible repercussion on screen immediately.
    I want that dagger or sword to actually feel like it hits the enemy. Not like I'm just swinging a stick in the air.
    And that's a huge reason I hate modern MMOs. For me, my twitch skill takes away every last bit of RPG. I'm not even a backer of Pantheon, but from what I've seen it has me at the very least interested in MMORPGs again. The lack of summer-salting, plate wearing melee fighters is a humongous plus, in my book.

So don't play it. It's clearly not for you. Lots and lots of other MMOs already released that fit your preference better.

That doesn't mean simplification, that can involve the complexity of "old school" (disputable...), but that means top notch hand/eye synchronization and the feeling that your actions have a tangible repercussion on screen immediately.
    I just mean WYSIWYG (what you see is what you get) combat, a standard since like 10+ years now. I don't mean action combat at all. Immersion in a RPG also includes a bit of realism, and sorry, if in 2000 a characters swinging his sword in the air hitting nothing was acceptable, nowadays it's a bit harder to accept with the tremendous progress of gaming engines.
    Granted, my "hand/eye coordination" thing may be confusing. What I mean is you press a key, you get a result on screen (if the spell is available of course), and you actually hit your target. You don't slash your weapon in the air several seconds after your keypress.
    AlBQuirky said:

But knowing (guessing?) what Pantheon is all about and who is creating it, were your expectations possible?
    You have no idea about my expectations, and we are in the Pub here, I will discuss whatever topic that comes up I feel like discussing, whether my opinion is positive or negative.
    Bolded, italicized, and underlined what told me, "I want action combat." I did not assume. You said clearly what you want.
    And you don't read full posts because it suits your agenda?
    Why ask that? In old EQ, failure in combat was a "thing." Just because ypu swing your sword dis not mean "auto-hit." In fact, the button was "auto-attack", not "auto-hit." Spells fizzled all the time. There was no "dodge/block" button, just a message on the combat screen, "Xar dodged." You dislike auto-attack. That's cool. You desire to press a button and see actrion on the screen. Did I miss anything?

Action combat.

- Al

- FARGIN_WAR

edited March 2018
    AlBQuirky said:
    AlBQuirky said:
    AlBQuirky said:
    AlBQuirky said:
    Flyte27 said:

AlBQuirky said:

Bolded, italicized, and underlined what told me, "I want action combat." I did not assume. You said clearly what you want.
    And you don't read full posts because it suits your agenda?
    Why ask that? In old EQ, failure in combat was a "thing." Just because ypu swing your sword dis not mean "auto-hit." In fact, the button was "auto-attack", not "auto-hit." Spells fizzled all the time. There was no "dodge/block" button, just a message on the combat screen, "Xar dodged." You dislike auto-attack. That's cool. You desire to press a button and see actrion on the screen. Did I miss anything?

Action combat.
    Ok I get it. Now you're intentionally ignoring what I really meant and clarified in the previous post.
    Well, end of conversation then. Enjoy your monologue.
    "you press a key, you get a result" is exactly what I'm talking about. You press a key and see action. With auto-attack, you're NOT pressing keys. You want your action to be displayed on the screen in the combat. Am I wrong?

PS: Also, in EQ, I NEVER swung at air and hit anything. If I was facing the wrong way, I got a message, "You must face your target to attack."

- Al

- FARGIN_WAR

AlBQuirky said:
    "you press a key, you get a result" is exactly what I'm talking about. You press a key and see action. With auto-attack, you're NOT pressing keys. You want your action to be displayed on the screen in the combat. Am I wrong?
    That result can be resists, evades, misses.
    It doesn't mean you always hit.
    And sorry, but I've played EQ too. If you just auto attack in that game, you're a bad player.
    So give me a break. Confirming my previous post, this time, you can enjoy your monologue since you are obviously hypocritical now.
    Clipped for brevity. Are speaking of weapon procs? I have no experience with that, as my highest level was 38 Bard. However, my Bard did use many keys as he twisted his songs. But guess, what, only a few "attacked" an enemy.  Did your characters have a button for dodge or parry or riposte? My Bard had all of those skills and he never "showed" me when he did those.

Yes, many characters had more than auto-attack, but most did use auto-attack. Spell casters had their spells, and they showed a fireball or ice or mesmerizing. I'm not real familiar with fighters since I did not play one for very long, but I recall a kick button and a range attack button, too. When I pressed the "kick" button, it showed my fighter's foot going towards the enemy.

If you did not auto-attack in melee, you just enjoyed pressing your attack button each time it came off of it's cool down.

I'm still hearing that you prefer pressing buttons and having those actions appear on the screen. But you know best what you like. I'm just saying that's how I read your thoughts. I could very well be wrong.

- Al

- FARGIN_WAR

• Flyte27Flyte27 Member RarePosts: 4,574
    AlBQuirky said:
    Amathe said:
    YashaX said:
    Why are the heroes so weak? They are decked out in the coolest gear, flaming swords fancy armor, and shooting fireballs, but can barely beat one half naked guy wielding a mining pick  ;)
    This isn't WoW, where one guy wades into 8-10 foes at a time and kills them all. No one here wants that. They want challenging encounters (where it takes 6 guys playing well to kill 1 guy).

It doesn't matter the artwork on the mob you reference because they are magical beings. They don't have to wear armor to be tough. 
    Also, if I may add, In old EQ, when you "con'd" a mob, white meant even-steven, a 50/50 chance of winning, yellow was 2-5 levels above you and had a very good chance of killing you, and red was almost automatic death. "What would you like on your tombstone" was the flavor text of monsters that con'd red.

Players these days are so used to multiple mobs being no problem, dead in 3-4 attacks. This is not how this game's combat works.
    White meant you were likely dead.  Dark blue meant you had a chance.  Light blue meant it was doable.  Yellow meant good luck.  Red meant it would wipe the floor with you as it said in the message.
  • WizardryWizardry Member LegendaryPosts: 19,332
    edited March 2018
    I watched about 10 minutes and paused it,i might watch it later,maybe not.

Some glaring ideals i see right off the hop and it does not look good.
    Why on earth does every last developer THINK the focus has to be on dungeons and grouping in dungeons?
    The classes also look VERY ho hum,same old,nothing new here to see.So why bother making another game just to copy same old EQ series with a new skin?I could just go play EQ1 or EQ2.
    I also did not notice any kind of creative tanking or support,again same old same old.

You know what set FFXI apart from the rest?

Ninja ...shadows ,a UNIQUE idea.

Blue Mage,learn abilities from the mobs in game..UNIQUE idea

RED mage,combination of healer,sword/shield or dual wield with debuffs and enfeebs to create an edge in combat.

Food stats and added effects like increased dmg or increased defense,increased accuracy,it matters.

They were whacking away at some human looking character with no shirt,did anyone see anything that made the combat look exciting or creative or unique...good?

I saw a VERY simple build "yes we know,early stages"imo it won't get any better than what you see right there.

Never forget 3 mile Island and never trust a government official or company spokesman.

• WizardryWizardry Member LegendaryPosts: 19,332
    From what i saw there,the game looks to be at least 3 more years away or needs to be at least 3 years away.
    delete5230Kajidourden

Never forget 3 mile Island and never trust a government official or company spokesman.

• ScotScot Member LegendaryPosts: 22,981
    edited March 2018
    Amathe said:
    A friendly suggestion then... do NOT bring this up here in the Pub where everyone is posting. Keep that on the game specific forum.
    This is not a bad suggestion. I frankly thought it was in the Pantheon forum where it belongs, but saw too late that a certain .... prays for patience ... poster ... put it here instead. 

People complain about his threads, but they liven the Pub up no end, so no complaints here. :)
    edited March 2018
    Wizardry said:
    I watched about 10 minutes and paused it,i might watch it later,maybe not.

Some glaring ideals i see right off the hop and it does not look good.
    Why on earth does every last developer THINK the focus has to be on dungeons and grouping in dungeons?
    The classes also look VERY ho hum,same old,nothing new here to see.So why bother making another game just to copy same old EQ series with a new skin?I could just go play EQ1 or EQ2.
    I also did not notice any kind of creative tanking or support,again same old same old.

You know what set FFXI apart from the rest?

Ninja ...shadows ,a UNIQUE idea.

Blue Mage,learn abilities from the mobs in game..UNIQUE idea

RED mage,combination of healer,sword/shield or dual wield with debuffs and enfeebs to create an edge in combat.

Food stats and added effects like increased dmg or increased defense,increased accuracy,it matters.

They were whacking away at some human looking character with no shirt,did anyone see anything that made the combat look exciting or creative or unique...good?

I saw a VERY simple build "yes we know,early stages"imo it won't get any better than what you see right there.

Probably because EQ1 and 2 aren't really like they were originally and I believe that is why this whole project got started.  It was something certain people wanted and were willing to pay some money for.  Weather enough people will support it remains to be seen.  I think it will be difficult to get people to play long sessions in this day and age, but I hope it does well.  There are a lot of indie single player games with old and slow combat that came out recently and were profitable to a niche audience.

In terms of classes EQ had some of my favorites.  I don't find the classes in modern games to be all that interesting regardless of if they have a new name or concept.  I really like the concept of classes like the Necromancer, Bard, Enchanter, Druid, Wizard, Mage, Shaman, Ranger, etc.
    SovrathAlBQuirkycraftseeker
  • YashaXYashaX Member EpicPosts: 3,098
    YashaX said:
    Amathe said:
    YashaX said:
    Why are the heroes so weak? They are decked out in the coolest gear, flaming swords fancy armor, and shooting fireballs, but can barely beat one half naked guy wielding a mining pick  ;)
    This isn't WoW, where one guy wades into 8-10 foes at a time and kills them all. No one here wants that. They want challenging encounters (where it takes 6 guys playing well to kill 1 guy).

It doesn't matter the artwork on the mob you reference because they are magical beings. They don't have to wear armor to be tough. 
    There is quite a gap between one guy killing ten foes at a time and a team of well geared heroes barely able to scratch a half naked "Black rose mine hand" (looks and sounds completely human to me). 

I think a better comparison is between something like Dragon Age origins or pillars of eternity and this. Those games have slow, measured combat, but nearly every fight felt like a "realistic" tactical challenge. What I saw here just seemed somewhat incongruous, amazing potential if they can tune it up though. 

I mean, most mmos bosses fit this bill too though.  I don't see it as any more ridiculous for these miners to be the hulk than I do for a boss to be a "human" who can take a beating from 6+ massively powerful heroes. 

I don't think you understand what I am trying to say. It is the feeling that the heroes are pathetically weak that is disconcerting. I am pretty sure I could do more damage with a sword than that group was doing, and I sit on my backside typing most of the day! That is a problem (Not me sitting on my backside all day - the sense that the heroes are weak as piss). 

This has nothing to do with slow combat (I like that depending on how its implemented) or me wanting gameplay "like WoW". I would love to play an mmo that had slower, more strategic, group based combat that was similar to say Dragon Age Origins, but this just seemed weak, quite frankly - somewhat promising but still sorely lacking.

And the thing that stood out most, like I mentioned, was just how useless the heroes seem. A good swordsman should be able to dispatch several lesser foes singlehandedly- else not a good swordsman. A fucking mage shooting fireballs should have some impact - look at DAO- mages wrecked face altering the whole battlefield with their magics. 

But what do we have here? A high level group fully decked out in magic weapons struggling against trash mobs (half naked humans with mining picks to boot) coming at them randomly in groups of one - or scary scary - TWO, with pretty much no AI as far as I could tell. Come on, that is some weak fucking shit there. This is 2018 not 1980. What sort of world is this when their greatest heroes are such weak little shits? How can anyone survive? 

Give me some slow strategic combat any day, bring that shit on I love it, but for the love of gaming make it feel impactful, make the heroes feel like heroes, not useless turds.
    ZombieCatDagon13[Deleted User]craftseeker
    Damage output is percentage based.  You could have big numbers, but the same damage output.  It has already been said that the mobs are artificially more difficult.  That's how EQ was.  Some of the difficulty came from a mob having certain abilities, but a lot also came from sheer numbers.  Players were supposed to be weaker than the mobs.  No combat is realistic in games so I don't think it really matters if the mob is taking a long time to die or a few hits.  The animations aren't really that important either.  It is the tatic's that are required to achieve victory that matter most.  I'd rather not play as a super powerful hero anyway.
    craftseeker
  • delete5230delete5230 Member EpicPosts: 7,081
    Scot said:
    Amathe said:
    A friendly suggestion then... do NOT bring this up here in the Pub where everyone is posting. Keep that on the game specific forum.
    This is not a bad suggestion. I frankly thought it was in the Pantheon forum where it belongs, but saw too late that a certain .... prays for patience ... poster ... put it here instead. 

People complain about his threads, but they liven the Pub up no end, so no complaints here. :)

This original topic started off called "Pantheon goes live in 40 min."  

The topic then changed to "live now"  As the stream was active, many began discussing the gameplay.  

Discussion continued so I changed the name to "about todays live stream"  

It didn't seem right to call it "Pantheon goes live in 40 min "  When it was over.   

Regardless of what people think about it being posted here...... I see no problem with a good debate with the lovers and haters and everything in between !!!!!  

Since it's posted in public, no one should get mad over others opinion. 
    I think it's nice to see an overall reaction to this game from both sides. 
    Scot
  • LackingMMOLackingMMO Member RarePosts: 664
    The game isn't all about dungeons, they are showing one area in the beginning of the game. There is also open area, cities and what not.

This isn't a game where you are playing a legendary warrior who mows down every enemy he has ever faced. Also if you even watched the stream, it wasn't a "natural" dungeon, they were not fighting humans. Also to note, they were lvl 14/15 in average gear in a lvl 15 dungeon. This is how the game will be, you'll die, learn, advance.

Game is group focused so that potentially will put off some people,

Combat is slow paced with an emphasis on working together and fighting challenging encounters, someone mentioned well the trash mobs didn't seem hard but if you got too many.. well yeah that's the point of trash mobs. Group/mob positioning is key, knowing and watching your surrounding is vital. Some people wont like that,

When you die, you will have consequences.. A lot wont like that, most like to just zerg there way through stuff, you wont be able to do that here.

One thing too is combat is always a bit slow/boring in the beginning.. lvl 15 is early stage game.. But this is true for every type of game.

Kumapondelete5230craftseeker
  • LetsinodLetsinod Member UncommonPosts: 385
    It just won't work in todays gaming environment.  I'll be damned if I have 3 hours to game a night and spend a hour finding a group and setting up.  Then get half way through something to find out 2 people need to go.  Nope...I lived that back in 99-2003 and it wasn't fun then.

Watching the video there was nothing about the combat needing special timing or challenging about it.  It looked like if the healer had mana then they were ok.  Otherwise they died.

We've hardly seen any of this game 5 years into development.  They will never be able to create the amount of content that will be needed.  People will poopsock the crap out of what is available at launch super quick.
    MikehaGyva02Gdemamibartoni33Mendel
  • ShaighShaigh Member EpicPosts: 2,142
    Watching a full group spending close to 30 seconds on the last mook where no-one is in harms way doesn't exactly spark my interest, the same thing for casters meditating for 30 seconds. I really hope they compensate it with some interesting combat mechanics but what they have shown so far looks pretty boring.
    [Deleted User]
    Iselin: And the next person who says "but it's a business, they need to make money" can just go fuck yourself.
    Letsinod said:
    It just won't work in todays gaming environment.  I'll be damned if I have 3 hours to game a night and spend a hour finding a group and setting up.  Then get half way through something to find out 2 people need to go.  Nope...I lived that back in 99-2003 and it wasn't fun then.

Watching the video there was nothing about the combat needing special timing or challenging about it.  It looked like if the healer had mana then they were ok.  Otherwise they died.

We've hardly seen any of this game 5 years into development.  They will never be able to create the amount of content that will be needed.  People will poopsock the crap out of what is available at launch super quick.
    The group makeup didn't seem to include crowd control.  I believe there was a wizard or cleric that rooted.  There was an example of aggro management where the rogue had to turn of his auto attack due to the ghost casting damage shield.  That is the type of thing people don't do these days.  They just kind of run in and solo the mob.
  • WellspringWellspring Member EpicPosts: 1,464
    Flyte27 said:
    Letsinod said:

The group makeup didn't seem to include crowd control.  I believe there was a wizard or cleric that rooted.  There was an example of aggro management where the rogue had to turn of his auto attack due to the ghost casting damage shield.  That is the type of thing people don't do these days.  They just kind of run in and solo the mob.
    Might want to rewatch the stream. They had an enchanter in the group, and talked about the mez graphic. 
    Sovrath
    --------------------------------------------
  • KajidourdenKajidourden Member EpicPosts: 3,030
    YashaX said:
    YashaX said:
    Amathe said:
    YashaX said:

There is quite a gap between one guy killing ten foes at a time and a team of well geared heroes barely able to scratch a half naked "Black rose mine hand" (looks and sounds completely human to me). 

I think a better comparison is between something like Dragon Age origins or pillars of eternity and this. Those games have slow, measured combat, but nearly every fight felt like a "realistic" tactical challenge. What I saw here just seemed somewhat incongruous, amazing potential if they can tune it up though. 

I mean, most mmos bosses fit this bill too though.  I don't see it as any more ridiculous for these miners to be the hulk than I do for a boss to be a "human" who can take a beating from 6+ massively powerful heroes. 

I don't think you understand what I am trying to say. It is the feeling that the heroes are pathetically weak that is disconcerting. I am pretty sure I could do more damage with a sword than that group was doing, and I sit on my backside typing most of the day! That is a problem (Not me sitting on my backside all day - the sense that the heroes are weak as piss). 

This has nothing to do with slow combat (I like that depending on how its implemented) or me wanting gameplay "like WoW". I would love to play an mmo that had slower, more strategic, group based combat that was similar to say Dragon Age Origins, but this just seemed weak, quite frankly - somewhat promising but still sorely lacking.

And the thing that stood out most, like I mentioned, was just how useless the heroes seem. A good swordsman should be able to dispatch several lesser foes singlehandedly- else not a good swordsman. A fucking mage shooting fireballs should have some impact - look at DAO- mages wrecked face altering the whole battlefield with their magics. 

But what do we have here? A high level group fully decked out in magic weapons struggling against trash mobs (half naked humans with mining picks to boot) coming at them randomly in groups of one - or scary scary - TWO, with pretty much no AI as far as I could tell. Come on, that is some weak fucking shit there. This is 2018 not 1980. What sort of world is this when their greatest heroes are such weak little shits? How can anyone survive? 

Give me some slow strategic combat any day, bring that shit on I love it, but for the love of gaming make it feel impactful, make the heroes feel like heroes, not useless turds.
    Huh, well I feel the same way but my interpretation of the problem is their shit animations.  

TTK is kinda whatever for me since my first MMO I played obsessively was FFXI and that game had notoriously slow TTK.

I will say though, this looks even freaking slower....so in hindsight I gained typing this....I'm with you.

TTK though is just a matter of re-crunching numbers though (I realize it is a LOT of numbers and a LOT of testing, but at it's core....), animations are a much bigger concern for me because of how much work they require to be good.
    YashaX[Deleted User]
  • UngoodUngood Member LegendaryPosts: 7,532
    Mendel said:
    Ungood said:
    Mendel said:
    Amathe said:
    Mendel said:
    Once again, a dissenting opinion is shouted down, without any attempt to try to explain 'why' what another poster is seeing isn't what they are seeing.  

It wasn't just a dissenting opinion. He said he dislikes one of the essential premises of the game, namely, the bringing back of old school type combat. It would be like going to a Cinnabon bakery and saying "I don't like cinnamon buns!" What are they going to do in response to such a statement? Say "oh ok then we will start over and become an Arbys." 

There are hundreds of games on this website's game list that I don't like because I don't like the manner of game that they are. But I don't hang out on their forums, making sure to get a shot in on those games every time someone mentions them or God forbid says anything praiseworthy of them. Because that would be pointless trolling. 

No, he was told to 'go away' without any discussion of his opinion.  Basically, @Theocritus' opinion was ignored, the point he was making was ignored, and @SavageHorizon clearly tried to shut off further discussion of his opinion.

At least, you bothered to give your opinion and explain it.  @SavageHorizon didn't.  There's not even an implied explaination there.

Pantheon is news, and a new video is news.  @Theocritus expressed his opinion on a discussion forum.  Discussion of a news topic and expressing one's personal reaction to that news topic isn't any form of trolling that I'm aware of.  It's just another dissenting opinion.  Neither of us know exactly how many other people who also believe the same way.  Maybe it's the majority of gamers, maybe it isn't.  We know it's not preposterous, because at least @Theocritus has that opinion.

They have voiced their feelings that they don't like the game.

Ok thank you for telling us that you don't like the game.

Now, with that put out,

We like the game as it is and as it is coming along.

Since none of us are going to like the game less because you don't like it, and none of us are going to try and change your mind to suddenly like the game.

We are left with very little choices at this point on how we can respond.

In the end, if this does not look like a game you will enjoy, the the only choice you really have is to stop wasting your and our time about it, and go find something else to play that you will enjoy.
    In this thread, I have only commented on how the pro-Pantheon community chooses to respond to anyone that doesn't share their viewpoint.  Instead of embracing them into the community, they choose to attack with various means to try to discourage anyone from forming their own opinions and expressing those.  This is making the potential Pantheon community, one of the core aims and goals of the developers, sound more likely to turn to exclusive and detrimental to a game that's not even completed.

I've been commenting on the behavior of the community as I encountered it on this site, and how they choose to engage in a discussion.  So, your post is addressing something I may have said in the past, not what has been said in this thread.

Cannibalism isn't the first option, even for those wrecked in the Andes.  Remind me to never fly to any Pantheon Fests with you guys.

Umm lets get something clear.
    • No one is Saying anyone needs to love this game.
    • No one stopping anyone from having their own opinions.
    • No one saying you can't dislike this game.

But here is the thing, a game Community, is made up of people that want to play **that game**, or are at the very least somehow invested into the game in some manner or another. IE: They either like the game for whatever reasons or had at one time liked and played the game for whatever reasons.

Which bring us to people that never liked the game.. well the first question on everyone's mind is, _why are you here to start with?_

Let me explain that, as that seems to confuse you, as you expect some kind of welcoming into the fold, when you openly don't like the system.

As odd as that is, that is what you expect.

To use an example, That is akin to wanting to be welcomed into a Vegan Organization when you Don't like the Idea of giving up eating meat.. why are you there again?

I mean for real, wondering if are you just trolling is 100 legit, and welcoming you.. eh. sounds like you don't belong to tell the truth.

No one is saying that you can't have your feels on matter, just that your feels don't have any synergism with the rest of the groups, so for reals, this not the community for you to find like minded people. You are better off finding a gaming community where all at least like the same game.

That Seems logical to me.

I mean coming into a Pantheon Community saying you don't like the game and expectoration some warm welcome and being taken into the fold is like going to a dog show and telling everyone how you don't like dogs and expecting everyone to welcome you into their dog loving community. 

Are you seeing what is wrong with the picture, are you getting my analogies?
    Gyva02GdemamiYashaXjimmywolfcraftseeker
    Egotism is the anesthetic that dullens the pain of stupidity, this is why when I try to beat my head against the stupidity of other people, I only hurt myself.

• LackingMMOLackingMMO Member RarePosts: 664
    Flyte27 said:
    Letsinod said:

Might want to rewatch the stream. They had an enchanter in the group, and talked about the mez graphic. 

Yeah you can see at one of the points the mob was mezed but they took too long and the mob broke the mez and came at them. Honestly the group could have worked but what I noticed was there was 2 tanks. If they had another dps instead it could have been a different outcome. And even if he could have off tanked something they used him more like an additional dps.

One thing to note as well they mentioned pretty late in the stream, Your target audience has grown up and has jobs, families ect. how are you compensating for that? They mentioned dungeons are designed with that thought in mind, couple hour bursts basically, not 6 hour grind sessions.

Kumapon
  • GdemamiGdemami Member EpicPosts: 12,342
    edited March 2018
    Ungood said:
    Are you seeing what is wrong with the picture, are you getting my analogies?
    Um...the wrong is your tunnel vision and from your analogies one can get you are not able to make valid analogies?

It is the same story as always - small indy game is released and couple vocal 'die-hards' are telling others to go play something else until there is no one left to play with...
    Post edited by Gdemami on
    Mendel[Deleted User]Gyva02dcutbi001pantaro
    YashaX said:
    YashaX said:
    Amathe said:
    YashaX said:

I underrstand what you're saying, but you're not taking into account that those shirtless, mining pick wielding "trash mobs", as you called them, were of a higher level than that group of "whimpy" heroes. It sounds like you did not like their effectiveness, or lack thereof, but rather that those higher level mobs did not "look" higher level.

How did you view the fights against the wraiths?

- Al

- FARGIN_WAR

edited March 2018
    Letsinod said:

Isn't this contradictory? Will "most people" have 3 hours to give to the game and then spend 1 hour looking for a group before "poopsocking the crap out of what is available super quick" with such slow, boring combat?

I'm confused... (not surprisingly)
    Gdemami

- Al

- FARGIN_WAR

• AmatheAmathe Member LegendaryPosts: 7,630
    Letsinod said:
    They spoke to that issue here: 01:32:47 .
    Sovrath

EQ1, EQ2, SWG, SWTOR, GW, GW2 CoH, CoV, FFXI, WoW, CO, War,TSW and a slew of free trials and beta tests