Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

E-Win Champion Series Gaming Chair – Becoming a Chair Snob - General Hardware Reviews

SBFordSBFord Former Associate EditorMember LegendaryPosts: 33,129
edited March 2018 in News & Features Discussion

imageE-Win Champion Series Gaming Chair – Becoming a Chair Snob - General Hardware Reviews

You know about chair snobs: the ones that need cushioned seating, a molded frame, and all manner of style and stitching that makes other chair snobs jealous? I may be just as content sitting on an upturned bucket as I hunch over a milk crate and tap away with my mouse and keyboard. At least, until now. What follows is a comprehensive review from a born-again chair snob.

Read the full story here

¯\_(ツ)_/¯ 

Comments

• Binny45Binny45 Member UncommonPosts: 522
    Not sure if it adheres to OT standards. Got a Steelcase chair. Granted they can go for 1400 Canadian dollars but once you sit in one, you know why. Lifetime warranty on them too. Anything breaks (even if bought second hand) they either fix or replace.
    maskedweaselTiller

• JeffSpicoliJeffSpicoli Member EpicPosts: 2,849
    edited March 2018

MMORPG product reviews need to start at $800 to get my attention. Take this filth away......
    maskedweaselpantaroSamhael[Deleted User]
    • Aloha Mr Hand ! 

• AmatheAmathe Member LegendaryPosts: 7,630
    Not seeing a tushy warmer.
    maskedweaselSBFordJeffSpicoli

EQ1, EQ2, SWG, SWTOR, GW, GW2 CoH, CoV, FFXI, WoW, CO, War,TSW and a slew of free trials and beta tests

• FlyByKnightFlyByKnight Member EpicPosts: 3,967
    A tacky racing chair is not chair snob material unless you have a mullet, 1 trucker hat, wear shooting glasses everywhere, and open carry in Walmart.  :D
    JeffSpicoli
    "As far as the forum code of conduct, I would think it's a bit outdated and in need of a refre *CLOSED*" 

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
  • SBFordSBFord Former Associate EditorMember LegendaryPosts: 33,129
    edited March 2018
    A tacky racing chair is not chair snob material unless you have a mullet, 1 trucker hat, wear shooting glasses everywhere, and open carry in Walmart.  :D
    I used to be an elitist "no gamer chair" type too until I got the Noble I have and rethought that position. :)

https://www.noblechairs.com/p/icon-series-black
    Post edited by SBFord on
    JeffSpicolipantaroOctagon7711

¯\_(ツ)_/¯ 

• maskedweaselmaskedweasel Member LegendaryPosts: 12,180
    How many teeth do you get to keep though?
    SBFord

• pantaropantaro Member RarePosts: 515
    who in the blue hell comes up with the names of some of these companies and their damn chairs!!! 
    maskedweaselSBFordOctagon7711bartoni33
  • sexydadeesexydadee Member UncommonPosts: 15
    there's only 1 metric when buying a computer chair. The question to ask is. Can you do this?
  • ElvocElvoc Member RarePosts: 546
    A lot of these chairs that lay back tend to be a little tilted during normal use, does this one sit in a comfortable 90 degree position when its fully pulled up? I have had a couple that seem to lean back a little in their upright position making it a little uncomfortable on the back after a while. But it only seems to be with the chairs that lay back real far.
  • tamedbeast1tamedbeast1 Member UncommonPosts: 6
    How much did they pay you to write about these trashy chairs?
  • StevenWeberStevenWeber MMORPG.COM Staff UncommonPosts: 110
    Elvoc said:
    A lot of these chairs that lay back tend to be a little tilted during normal use, does this one sit in a comfortable 90 degree position when its fully pulled up? I have had a couple that seem to lean back a little in their upright position making it a little uncomfortable on the back after a while. But it only seems to be with the chairs that lay back real far.
    I didn't find that it tilted at all during normal use.  It is lever operated whereas some chairs you just push back for it to move back or pull it up to raise it again, but this one locks in place.  In the video you see I had the chair hunch me over, and it locked in place, so if you set it at 90 degrees, it will stay there.  

Honestly though, if you position your lumbar pillow properly, you wouldn't want the chair exactly at 90 degrees, it might be a little too rigid.  At least for me, I have mine just slightly leaning back.