Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Prime Server Launches - Time to Go Back to the Future - Rift - MMORPG.com

12346»

Comments

• DragnelusDragnelus Member EpicPosts: 3,503
    I am lucky with mounts!!

MrMelGibson

• MadFrenchieMadFrenchie Member LegendaryPosts: 8,505
    Torval said:
    I tried to run another dungeon last night and it didn't go well again. I've either been getting groups that are woefully unfunctional or the tuning is way out of whack still. I think if we had been a practiced group there would have been no problems, but the tank was still getting 2k cleaves. I'm thinking of waiting until after 40 to run dungeons. I'd be willing to try heals for a premade or guild group but not randoms. Mage dungeon DPS specs are a little messy up through the mid thirties.

My issue with a dps build is I have a good one only it relies on Dominator and Raging Storm which has a push back. This made the tank nervous because they were afraid I was going to knock mobs back off the ledge so they fell down and aggro'd the entire bottom floor. So I have to figure out how to replace my push and not lose numbers. Without that I struggled to make 250 on the parse. Harb was better but still not good enough. It's really not a great dungeon spec until later.

My mage is level 26 now. I've just left Stonefield and headed into Scarlet Gorge. I took a short side tour into Iron Pine Peaks (IPP). That also has level 27 content available.

I could probably easily eat up all the quests I have available, but I've been stacking and saving them for now. I do tons of carnage quests and go back and hit dailies. There are a couple dailies in Stonefield that only take a few minutes.
    I haven't been measuring my DPS like that.  I wonder how my Warlock spec is doing DPS wise.  It seems fairly adequate soloing, what with a Contaminate buffing my DoTs by 30% and my pet's deathly calling buffing my nukes.  However, it struggles with large amounts of weaker mobs as the DoTs don't get their full effectiveness before the mob dies.
    Dragnelus[Deleted User]

So I think I've struck gold (at least lowbie PvP wise) with Markmanship on my rogue; emphasizing crit chance and I went 16 and 1 with 2nd damage at level 13. :D
    [Deleted User]Dragnelus

• YashaXYashaX Member EpicPosts: 3,098
    edited March 2018
    @MadFrenchie Any tips for gearing up for low level pvp? I am used to ESO where I could craft really good low level gear, but Rift seems to use a system in which you can't do that.

I got the legs and chest from the planarite merchant in the starter zone, some pvp weapons from the dailies, and the other gear slots I have brought green gear from the auction house and put runes on everything.

However, I sometimes get hit for massive damage in pvp - far higher than I am putting out, so I assume there is more to it; any advice?
  • AthisarAthisar Member UncommonPosts: 666
    YashaX said:
    @MadFrenchie Any tips for gearing up for low level pvp? I am used to ESO where I could craft really good low level gear, but Rift seems to use a system in which you can't do that.

I got the legs and chest from the planarite merchant in the starter zone, some pvp weapons from the dailies, and the other gear slots I have brought green gear from the auction house and put runes on everything.

However, I sometimes get hit for massive damage in pvp - far higher than I am putting out, so I assume there is more to it; any advice?
    There's a major balance issue with saboteurs, they do significantly more damage than they should and the bombs they have are ranged, and it's not possible to outheal it. I think it's because the classes weren't properly tuned for levelling up and Trion hasn't yet bothered to fix any of it. Apparently it gets less of a problem in later levels, but then defilers (which shouldn't even be in it until Storm Legion) do massive dmg instead.
    edited March 2018
    YashaX said:

I don't have a huge amount of experience admittedly, but I've really been exploiting the popularity of mages.

I went MM and focused almost solely on +crit chance and attack power.  Assassin or nightblade is an off-soul for it's critical chance tier 0 talent (can't remember which has it off the top of my head).  I ignored the talents for armor pen and such, as warriors seem to be few and far between.

As for gear, you can really dominate in greens bought from the AH.  I think I spent a plat on gear when my Marksman hit 15, but he had that on him from doing warfronts.  As @Athisar mentioned, Sab is flavor of the month currently.  I find Marksmanship more fun for its mobility and sneakiness!  And while Sabs can outdamage me, I generally get more killing blows and compete with them for top damage.  I wasn't able to find much other than greens on the AH to outfit him, but pricing is very reasonable right now for said items (even blues, really), so I would recommend simply stacking your primary stats with greens/blues as available and going to town on some folks.
    MrMelGibsonYashaX

• YashaXYashaX Member EpicPosts: 3,098
    YashaX said:

I don't have a huge amount of experience admittedly, but I've really been exploiting the popularity of mages.

I went MM and focused almost solely on +crit chance and attack power.  Assassin or nightblade is an off-soul for it's critical chance tier 0 talent (can't remember which has it off the top of my head).  I ignored the talents for armor pen and such, as warriors seem to be few and far between.

As for gear, you can really dominate in greens bought from the AH.  I think I spent a plat on gear when my Marksman hit 15, but he had that on him from doing warfronts.  As @Athisar mentioned, Sab is flavor of the month currently.  I find Marksmanship more fun for its mobility and sneakiness!  And while Sabs can outdamage me, I generally get more killing blows and compete with them for top damage.  I wasn't able to find much other than greens on the AH to outfit him, but pricing is very reasonable right now for said items (even blues, really), so I would recommend simply stacking your primary stats with greens/blues as available and going to town on some folks.
    Thanks for the info. I got the blues and purples where possible from pvp and planarite vendors and filled out the rest with greens from the AH.

I have been playing a cleric (Shaman/purifier/sentinal), and I am pretty sure the cleric heals have been nerfed quite a bit since launch. That is actually probably good, because I used to be able to kill everything with just the first level skill on my cleric until about level 40 while being basically unkillable. 

Sabs and other rogue specs haven't given me too much trouble so far. I just thought I must be doing something wrong because I got hit by a defiler's dot for 115 per tick and a burst for over 1000 damage (by a level 13 cleric/defiler), while my main damage skill on a 15 sec CD only does about 400-500 damage and its melee range. I guess I just got to grind the planarite for the advanced souls, don't know how that guy managed to get 2000 planarite at level 13!

I have also run into some really tough warriors, unsure what spec they were though.

And btw, I used to love marksman too, you can go so fast!
  • PemminPemmin Member UncommonPosts: 623
    My bard has been working out really good. 
    support murder machine in both pvp and pve lol