Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

WOW/RIFT w/o lvling via quest MMORPG ?

davc123davc123 Member UncommonPosts: 458
edited March 2018 in LFGame

my Frst MMORPG is L2 dats reasion i dont like questing/ idc for story i enjoy grind mobs or lvling via dungeons / rift ..

i really enjoy Prime Rift can lvling via dungeons  but know one day will goes live is sad because i looking for long terma and dant want play on live p2w shit :/

never really played WOW but are quest important or can you lvl via dungeons/mobs  i can do some quests but not 1000000 also how will be Classic wow ?

any another game popular you can lvling via dungeons/mobs ?

already played

l2 my favourite MMORPG apth of exile over 3k hours my fav ARPG

ffix i dont like boring/combat questing .. BDO nice game but sad to know devs dont care for play and making shity update every update more pw2

sorry for my shity english

Comments

• btdtbtdt Member RarePosts: 523
    Every MMO will allow you to grind mobs or run dungeons ad nauseam as a means to level.  It may not be the most efficient way to do it, but certainly it works.  You have to ask yourself why are you grinding mobs or running dungeons in the first place?  As a means to get to max level or because you'd rather kill 100,000,000 rats than do 10 quests?

WoW has boosts.  You can jump from 1 to 100 with a click of a button.  Then it's just 10 levels to max, which should take you no more than 2 weeks to get there.  Then you are at end game.  Then what?

What I am getting at is that you are paying for a whole game but insisting on only playing only 10% of it.  Developers really do spend 90% of their time on all that stuff people try to rocket through.  That's why there isn't anything to do at end game because they spent only 10% of their time developing for that.

WoW is pretty dead right now.  It won't come back alive until next September when the locusts return for Battle for Azeroth.  I can assure you that no matter what method you choose to level within WoW you will be at Max level inside a month tops.  Blizzard has been pruning old content from the game for years, so there isn't as much there-there when you get there anymore.

So, in a nutshell, instead of pointing out why you despise leveling, you really need to state why you wish to play said game.  I love pet battles!  I love to PVP!  I love crafting!  I love to sit in major cities and talk in trade chat all day!  I love sitting in queues to do stuff!  Just what is it you are trying to get out of the game.  Telling us what you don't like doesn't tell us what you want to do, just what you don't want to do.
  • davc123davc123 Member UncommonPosts: 458
    edited March 2018
    btdt said:
    Every MMO will allow you to grind mobs or run dungeons ad nauseam as a means to level.  It may not be the most efficient way to do it, but certainly it works.  You have to ask yourself why are you grinding mobs or running dungeons in the first place?  As a means to get to max level or because you'd rather kill 100,000,000 rats than do 10 quests?

WoW has boosts.  You can jump from 1 to 100 with a click of a button.  Then it's just 10 levels to max, which should take you no more than 2 weeks to get there.  Then you are at end game.  Then what?

So, in a nutshell, instead of pointing out why you despise leveling, you really need to state why you wish to play said game.  I love pet battles!  I love to PVP!  I love crafting!  I love to sit in major cities and talk in trade chat all day!  I love sitting in queues to do stuff!  Just what is it you are trying to get out of the game.  Telling us what you don't like doesn't tell us what you want to do, just what you don't want to do.
    because for me is more fun killing mobs with party or  doing dungeon with party is boring doing quest but   if dungeons/mobs give almost zero xp then im  forced to doing quest

i dont want boost

i like open world grind / open world  pvp / open world boss /  farming dungeons  / raiding ..

if you say WOW is dead than every mmo is dead right now for you
  • A1D3NA1D3N Member UncommonPosts: 276
    Try BDO mate, im an old L2 player, and its a grind fest with load of added extras, a hard learning curve, but once u get into BDO... u will be hooked. i had to quit playing cos it started taking over my life :(

Currently Playing:
    ...... :(

• Octagon7711Octagon7711 Member LegendaryPosts: 9,000
    Indeed, L2 is an extreme grinder complete with loss xp for dying.  Most MMO's I've played don't require so much pure grinding and have better questing with alternative xp choices along the way.

"We all do the best we can based on life experience, point of view, and our ability to believe in ourselves." - Naropa      "We don't see things as they are, we see them as we are."  SR Covey

• Peajay123Peajay123 Member UncommonPosts: 30
    You've described a level system that older games used to use. Runescape and FFXI were both made this way. All the WoW clones copied the quest hub and kill 10 quests we all love to hate.

The genre needs new ideas. I'd love to see a guild based system, where you can train all your skills in the guild and get all your loot and XP in the dungeons. Deep crafting and gathering to make all the equipment. MMORPG's without a proper economy or combat system are doomed to fail.
  • MadFrenchieMadFrenchie Member LegendaryPosts: 8,505
    Trion has backed away from numbering the server's days, and seems to be open to keeping the server open if it continues to draw players.  So I wouldn't give up on Rift just yet.  I totally agree with the sentiment that I don't want to have to play the F2P servers, though.

• AlbatroesAlbatroes Member LegendaryPosts: 7,671
    WoW/FFXIV/ESO?
  • davc123davc123 Member UncommonPosts: 458
    A1D3N said:
    Try BDO mate, im an old L2 player, and its a grind fest with load of added extras, a hard learning curve, but once u get into BDO... u will be hooked. i had to quit playing cos it started taking over my life :(
    already tryed game  but after i hear  how shity is this  company and milking players as much as possible no ty dont want spend over 150$

• zaberfangxzaberfangx Member UncommonPosts: 1,796
    edited March 2018
    davc123 said:

my Frst MMORPG is L2 dats reasion i dont like questing/ idc for story i enjoy grind mobs or lvling via dungeons / rift ..

i really enjoy Prime Rift can lvling via dungeons  but know one day will goes live is sad because i looking for long terma and dant want play on live p2w shit :/

never really played WOW but are quest important or can you lvl via dungeons/mobs  i can do some quests but not 1000000 also how will be Classic wow ?

already played

ffix i dont like boring/combat questing .. BDO nice game but sad to know devs dont care for play and making shity update every update more pw2

Prime Rift may transfer char. to live. Is good to look for something long term but there is a small chance that Rift Prime may go to full sub server depends on the player base keep on playing.
  • YashaXYashaX Member EpicPosts: 3,098
    davc123 said:

already played

Imo there is virtually no difference between live and Prime Rift. If you like the game you should just keep playing it, there is an optional sub on the Live (f2p) servers that makes it just like playing a sub game.

In terms of Wow vs Rift, there are a lot of similarities but they are also starkly different in various ways. For example, Rift's world is vastly more dynamic meaning its much easier/more fun to level without relying on quests, and its character/skill system is light years ahead of WoW. On the other hand WoW does have much smoother animations.

As for other games, I level all my characters in ESO (Elder Scrolls Online) without doing any quests (apart from a few starter quests), and I think its also possible in GW2.
  • Sid_ViciousSid_Vicious Member RarePosts: 2,177
    In Darkfall the most skill you gain is probably through offline meditation skill gains... otherwise the more you use a skill, the more it is raised, so killing mobs is the best way. It takes few months to unlock or cap your most important focus, but playing all day every day doesn't get you much more ahead than a casual player because of the meditation offline gains. Everyone has a unique build and there is so much to do in the game it would probably take a year to experience all the game has to offer. Best PVP available out there hands-down and there are dozens of dungeons to explore. I typically level up by doing daily dungeon quests, and travel around the world for a change of pace and scenery or change the risks of PVP. I've played this game a TON but still haven't seen all of the dungeons. Many mob bosses to farm... dragons, demons, etc. kraken if you want to take a ship out to the sea or ice dragon in the ocean is very hard you would need a group and perhaps more than one boat out there. There are no instances, just one huge world... and somewhere around 2 dozen dungeons maybe? Not sure, haven't found them all yet... going to explore a new area today where my clan build a hamlet recently in enemy lands... I think there will be five new dungeons in the area? sweet! You can access all of the dungeons from the start of the game but only one would probably be worth farming at the very beginning.

NEWS FLASH! "A bank was robbed the other day and a man opened fire on the customers being held hostage. One customer zig-zag sprinted until he found cover. When questioned later he explained that he was a hardcore gamer and knew just what to do!" Download my music for free! I release several albums per month as part of project "Thee Untitled" . .. some video game music remixes and cover songs done with instruments in there as well! http://theeuntitled.bandcamp.com/ Check out my roleplaying blog, collection of fictional short stories, and fantasy series... updated on a blog for now until I am finished! https://childrenfromtheheavensbelow.blogspot.com/ Watch me game on occasion or make music... https://www.twitch.tv/spoontheeuntitled and subscribe! https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCUvqULn678VrF3OasgnbsyA

• TheocritusTheocritus Member LegendaryPosts: 9,739
    "so there isn't as much there-there when you get there anymore."

I'm pretty sure that is the record for using the word there the most times in a sentence.....

• Jixen9Jixen9 Member UncommonPosts: 49
    edited April 2018
    The new everquest progression server (Cornaiv) is poppin right . Everquest almost 100% group content and finding or making groups is very easy. If u can get past the oldschool graphics ( i love them) then its a really great game. find a guild and do some endgame raiding and group content also. one downfall imo is no pvp.. Bless may be something you wanna give a try too at like end of may i think.
  • BrezalsBrezals Member CommonPosts: 1
    I am also looking for a mmorpg, that just throws away the very concept of a "main quest"
    I guess it if "okay" if they have one, if and only if, the rewards from them doesn't make them a "must" do eitherway. and if the alternatives to level from main quest are just as fast.