Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Pantheon about todays live stream

delete5230delete5230 Member EpicPosts: 7,081
Here it is:

Post edited by delete5230 on

Comments

• PottedPlant22PottedPlant22 Member RarePosts: 800
    Def going to watch.
  • SerMedievalSerMedieval Member UncommonPosts: 99
    Here I come.
  • ScorchienScorchien Member LegendaryPosts: 8,914
    edited March 2018
      Looks great , good to see a Group Focused /Tab Target/ Holy Trinity game of this quality coming , the genre needs this ..............  Functional CC .. awesome
    Gdemami
  • delete5230delete5230 Member EpicPosts: 7,081
    A bit boring so far. I keep watching.

EDIT: by boring, I mean nothing I've seen so far makes me want to log into that game immediately and play one of those characters.

I agree,
    I'm sure their will be more types of mobs since its pre-alpha, but the fights are rather long. 

BUT, I could live in a place like this all afternoon with a bunch of friends. 
  • ScorchienScorchien Member LegendaryPosts: 8,914
    To be honest, that combat gameplay looks terrible to me. Animations are awful and feel completely disconnected, there's no feeling of impact of your hits. I mean, compared to existing games, both older and newer.
    well it is Alpha .. need to consider that .. i think at its stage , its fine
    GregorMcgregor
  • MardukkMardukk Member RarePosts: 2,222
    Those are some long trash battles, woah.
    [Deleted User]
    Mardukk said:
    Those are some long trash battles, woah.

It's always been like everything is a boss in all streams.
  • cheyanecheyane Member LegendaryPosts: 9,067
    Someone pulls then they all stand in one place and fight. Yup this has definitely Everquest vibes and I was bored watching . Sorry I'm sure it will  get better.
    delete5230
    Chamber of Chains
  • Flyte27Flyte27 Member RarePosts: 4,574
    It looks pretty similar to EQ combat.  I believe that is what they were trying to provide.  EQ combat is slow and doesn't look spectacular.  Instead it requires a lot of precise timing of ability use.  Sometimes you aren't doing much in combat, but then have to do a lot for a small time frame.  It isn't an action combat system clearly.  It is more like real time turn based combat.
    If individual combat is this long, it would be hard pressed to keep a party of 6 interested in staying even one time..... Let alone all the time. 
    The people who would play this game and support it probably would stay interested.  Most people probably won't.
    [Deleted User]AlBQuirky
  • LackingMMOLackingMMO Member RarePosts: 664
    Awesome, thanks for the heads up. Some nice info in this stream.
  • MikehaMikeha Member EpicPosts: 9,196
    edited March 2018
    They need to start over from scratch with this. :*
    Gyva02MadCoderOneAlBQuirky[Deleted User]
  • SovrathSovrath Member LegendaryPosts: 31,937
    Mikeha said:
    They need to start over from scratch with this. :*
    Why? it was fine. I caught the last 20 minutes (will see the rest when they post it) and it looked fun.
    ScorchienTemp0[Deleted User]
    Like Skyrim? Need more content? Try my Skyrim mod "Godfred's Tomb." 

Godfred's Tomb Trailer: https://youtu.be/-nsXGddj_4w

Original Skyrim: https://www.nexusmods.com/skyrim/mods/109547

Try the "Special Edition." 'Cause it's "Special." https://www.nexusmods.com/skyrimspecialedition/mods/64878/?tab=description

Serph toze kindly has started a walk-through. https://youtu.be/UIelCK-lldo 
    Flyte27 said:
    It looks pretty similar to EQ combat.
    Which is terrible. Bringing back something almost 20 years old can't end well.
    There are games which have set the milestones for modern MMO combat. That doesn't mean simplification, that can involve the complexity of "old school" (disputable...), but that means top notch hand/eye synchronization and the feeling that your actions have a tangible repercussion on screen immediately.
    I want that dagger or sword to actually feel like it hits the enemy. Not like I'm just swinging a stick in the air.
    That is a big part of why that live stream is so boring.
    There is no law that states auto attacks have to synchronize with animations.  This game is more of the style of something like Baldur's Gate or Dragon Age Origins.  In real time turn based combat it matters little.  I'd imagine wasting time on getting the animations to sync would be time spent on something unneeded.  They are having enough trouble getting the game finished.  I don't think the fan of games like Pillars of Eternity complained that the combat was too similar to old infinity engine games.
    Gdemami
    Earlier I was watching some two year old Rift dungeon Youtubes, some were hardcore ones.  Sure their they had more action, BUT NO ONE WAS TAKING ANY DAMMAGE. Nothing tactical about any of it.  

They need to find a good balance.
  • AzmodeusAzmodeus Member UncommonPosts: 268
    Dam, cant wait for this. Grouping, roles, community, teamwork, fear of death, trinity, crowd control, something that has been missing for years in MMOs.  I rather have everything I just mentioned instead of boring, fast paced, bunny hopping spam festy zerg fights that we have in modern MMOs.  Will this game be niche?  Maybe it will, but it is a breath of fresh air. 
    SovrathTemp0delete5230Gyva02[Deleted User]SteelhelmGdemami
      OMG I am Ancient!
  • perrin82perrin82 Member UncommonPosts: 285
    To be honest, that combat gameplay looks terrible to me. Animations are awful and feel completely disconnected, there's no feeling of impact of your hits. I mean, compared to existing games, both older and newer.
    The lack of impact is my concern too. I know it is Alpha, but I am not sure this is something they can fix. 

• kertinkertin Member UncommonPosts: 259
    So many excuses that it's Alpha :smile: ...looks boring, can't see any impact when hitting, animations are meh, full of bugs (which is fine for alpha), very slow combat (and yeah I mean very VERY slow), design of that dungeon is bad too imo - looks boring and stereotypical, optimization doesn't look good too....yeah it's alpha, pre-alpha, whatever but there is no chance they can fix all those problems, this is not next big MMO coming out, honestly I'd rather play Vanguard over this...still gonna keep my eyes on this but as I said they can't fix some of those issues
    The people who complain about slow combat are usually the ones who end up dying a lot because of badly timed attacks as a result of lack of patience.  They also can't do without the big animations, glowy weapons, quest trackers, etc.  I don't believe the game was designed for those types of people.  I can play either type of game and enjoy them.  People still play chess.
    Temp0kadajvolajuThunder073
  • AzmodeusAzmodeus Member UncommonPosts: 268
    kertin said:
    So many excuses that it's Alpha :smile: ...looks boring, can't see any impact when hitting, animations are meh, full of bugs (which is fine for alpha), very slow combat (and yeah I mean very VERY slow), design of that dungeon is bad too imo - looks boring and stereotypical, optimization doesn't look good too....yeah it's alpha, pre-alpha, whatever but there is no chance they can fix all those problems, this is not next big MMO coming out, honestly I'd rather play Vanguard over this...still gonna keep my eyes on this but as I said they can't fix some of those issues

I basically disagree with just about everything you said.  That being said, maybe the game will not be for you?  There are TONS of games which seem to have what you are looking for.  Am I wrong by saying this was never designed to break record MMO sales?
    [Deleted User]kertinTemp0[Deleted User]Gdemamijpedrote52
      OMG I am Ancient!
  • XiaokiXiaoki Member EpicPosts: 3,823
    Scorchien said:
    Hmm, where have I heard that before? Oh, yeah!

"Its Closed Beta, they still have a lot of time. Its fine"
    "Its Open Beta, more people testing will help them fix it. Its fine"
    "It just released, they have a lot going on right now. Its fine"
    "Its been a year since release, they ....I dont know anymore. Its ....fine"

Whats funny is that I remember this exact same song and dance for Vanguard.
  • SovrathSovrath Member LegendaryPosts: 31,937
    Xiaoki said:
    Scorchien said:
    Hmm, where have I heard that before? Oh, yeah!

"Its Closed Beta, they still have a lot of time. Its fine"
    "Its Open Beta, more people testing will help them fix it. Its fine"
    "It just released, they have a lot going on right now. Its fine"
    "Its been a year since release, they ....I dont know anymore. Its ....fine"

Whats funny is that I remember this exact same song and dance for Vanguard.
    I think the real issue is that people just don't know what they are looking at.

This will be, to use a term, a "retro game". It just is.

For some, that's fine or preferred or at least can be overlooked.

for others, they won't be able to understand why it doesn't have cutting edge combat and animations and "whatever".

Tempering expectations is very important. Sadly, some gamers have no idea how to do this or have no idea what they are looking at.
    AzmodeusTemp0Gdemami
    Like Skyrim? Need more content? Try my Skyrim mod "Godfred's Tomb." 

Godfred's Tomb Trailer: https://youtu.be/-nsXGddj_4w

Original Skyrim: https://www.nexusmods.com/skyrim/mods/109547

Try the "Special Edition." 'Cause it's "Special." https://www.nexusmods.com/skyrimspecialedition/mods/64878/?tab=description

Serph toze kindly has started a walk-through. https://youtu.be/UIelCK-lldo 
    The combat is slow, but it is based on old school play.  It is all about agro management.  If you are DPS and hit the wrong mob or do to much damage at the wrong time you are dead and possible the whole group because they don't have enough DPS to kill the mob.  If the healer heals to much or and pulls agro you are dead.  If the CC doesn't do a good job during a bad pull you are dead.  If the puller does a bad job you are dead.  It seems kind of boring and slow with auto attack, but it's really easy to wipe and with a death penalty and corpse runs it's not fun to wipe.
    AzmodeusMardukkdelete5230Gyva02[Deleted User]deniterAmathekadajvolaju
  • JimmydeanJimmydean Member UncommonPosts: 1,290
    Hey look! A bunch of people with no interest in this style of game are disappointed after watching 30 seconds of the pre-alpha footage. MMORPG.com members on point as usual.

The game looks amazing for where it's at in development. That type of combat, those dungeons, the grouping style... those are what makes Pantheon different from the 10000 other MMORPGs that have come and gone lately. 
    Azmodeus[Deleted User]Temp0Gyva02craftseeker[Deleted User]deniterAmathekadajvolajuGdemamiand 2 others.